12 months on | Vital Football

12 months on

Chesterimp

Vital Football Hero
12 months ago, the Imps played their first competitive match under the Cowleys, away in the National League to a side under 'W' in the alphabetical list, at Woking.

We'd been non-league since 2011, always finished in the bottom half and flirted with further relegation. Cup competitions had been mainly embarassment - hear the names Carshalton, Bradford PA, Whitehawk and shudder.

We'd been skint, gained some investment, persuaded a promising young management team to risk go full time and backed them with the money for careful squad building.

Tomorrow we go in League 2 to a side under 'W' in the alphabetical list, at Wycombe.

The championship winning squad has seen a few departures, but the majority of key players remain (so far) and with careful recruitment boasts not just our own player of the season, but one from a League 1 club, a Welsh international, a 20-goal L2 player and the wingers and midfield to provide the bullets.

We bask in the memory of the mother of all FA Cup runs and a near miss in the FA Trophy, though that 'failure' probably helped us long term.

A City energised, record season ticket sales, when I can get to home games I have to buy my ticket well in advance, not rock up at 2.55 and pick my seat, but at least I can do it easily on line.

Whatever happens this year, the last 12 months has been astonishing, never has football and The Imps filled my thoughts like it has done in that time. My gut feeling is it will continue to be astonishing.

The journey continues. Time to buckle up again. Let's do this.

UTI!!!

It has to be said that the last 12 months have been absolutely incredible and the progress we have made is truly astonishing. Whatever happens this season and I have great faith it will be a good one the memories and history made last will go down in LCFC folklore and we witnessed it!!

Onwards and upwards UTI :yehaa:

Couldn't put it better myself, no matter what happens the last 12 months have been incredible. This time last year I was stuck on the M25 rocking up late to Woking away. (missed marriotts goal). Tomorrow I'll be at work, but come on Lincoln.

Absolutely incredible we are on a roll and long may it continue so good to be back in the big time see both Orient and Hartlepools got beat today on their conference debuts!!!

Its been an amazing journey from the depths of despond after 10 years of utter dross. Chris Sutton had the contacts and we had 3 EPL players in the team Herd, Baker and Lichaj...he must have been a hopeless manager. The suddenly the club was awakened like never before. Neither Garaham's, Murph's or Keith's era was like the last few months. All those previous good times were special but different in their particular experiences.

Never in my life can I recall an atmosphere when I walked into Portman Road. Every Imp that day genuinely believed we could do something special. The feeling of despair than euphoria against Torquay..then only to repeat the drama in even more incredible circumstances a couple of days later. Then finally Terry's strike to put us 2-1 up against Macc.....what a buzz- words fail me.

I still talk to pals about our incredible L4 winning season. We won every home match on a Saturday and only dropped 2 home points all season in midweek draws.

Imps will be talking about last season in 50 years time and who knows by then we probably nearly did top the season off by beating the Mighty Arsenal.

Sometimes its hard to take it all in..we've come so far in so little time.