1-0 | Page 4 | Vital Football

1-0

I've looked at a league table when most teams had played 16 games with a few having played 15. In that league table, if the Gills had Lovell's record now, we would be third with Shrewsbury on 37, Wigan on 36, Gills on 30 ahead of Bradford City and Charlton on goal difference. Pointless exercise but fun !

The team is playing with confidence , which increases with each game. Gills could beat anyone in the division right now.
Let's enjoy these heady moments !

COYG

Nothing about being drunk. I can't get hold of the table as at Friday, but it was related to a side being below the play-offs by a point winning and taking their place in the play offs.
If you don't believe me, there was a thread Friday about us being 7 points away from the drop zone and also 7 points off the play offs.

21 games Steve Lovell has been in charge in all competitions.

10 wins
7 draws
4 defeats

I think if anyone had predicted this before he took over we would have all thought they were mad.

Just shows what happens when you have a manger that can set the team up right, organise us, motivate the players, and make changes when things aren't going right.

It shows there was nothing wrong with most of the players brought in. Particularly Eaves and Parker who were pretty much slated before they had kicked a ball by many. Also shows if you give these sort of players a chance, just how they can seize such a chance. Neither has really scored with this regularity anywhere else in their careers. And being honest I thought Nash and Wilkinson would be the star strikers of those we signed. I expected Eaves and Parker to maybe only get 5-10 each this season, although not playing as regularly as they have. Both have already achieved those totals in all competitions.

I always thought we have a decent nucleus of a team, and now Steve Lovell has started to add to his team. The first signing has had a positive start according to those that were there yesterday.

As for the play-offs, I wouldn't want to get ahead of ourselves. Lets get the 50 points first, and everything else will be a bonus. But if we keep going in the vein we are, and can turn some of those home draws into wins, why not?

It's marvellous to have some hope for a change compared to where we were pre Lovell.

Long may it continue.

I think as I said in a previous thread that 54 points will be needed to be safe this season. Bottom half is very tight. As long as we keep our better goal difference too.