1-0 | Page 3 | Vital Football

1-0

Totally magnificent. Well done one and all . Scunthorpe did play fairly well which makes the result even better .O'Neil my man of the match but I could have picked almost anyone .Garmston and Byrne were excellent. Lee Martin athe his best .The defence worked their socks off .Ehmer and Zakuani put their bodies on the line over and over .Like the look of the new lad very good at winning the ball and laying it off .Eaves was a real handful full and Parker after a slow start got stronger and stronger.

P'd me off that the points difference to the play-offs has gone up to 9 whereas it was only 7 this morning!!!

Good bye relegation thoughts.

Plymouthray re barnsley took words out of my mouth.. remember them last season on form for us could it be a season to remember.. live the dream

Razorpound - 20/1/2018 17:16

P'd me off that the points difference to the play-offs has gone up to 9 whereas it was only 7 this morning!!!

Is that even possible after a win?

Bobby Vegas - 20/1/2018 18:02

Razorpound - 20/1/2018 17:16

Is that even possible after a win?

I thought the same! I guess it is if you?re drunk.

Fantastic result lads! The Parker/Eaves combination is really making other teams sit up and take notice. Pity we have to play more matches at home.

Jesus Christ, I didn?t expect that type of performance against Scunthorpe who are one of the best teams in the league. Lovell is a little gem what a difference a few months make. Who team worked there socks off. Let?s get enough points to secure safety and then see where we can go from there. Good to see that some of the teams near us lost today.

Gills88 - 20/1/2018 18:22

Jesus Christ, I didn?t expect that type of performance against Scunthorpe who are one of the best teams in the league. Lovell is a little gem what a difference a few months make. Who team worked there socks off. Let?s get enough points to secure safety and then see where we can go from there. Good to see that some of the teams near us lost today.
One game at a time forget the play off's Just let the lads give it a go in every game .First target those 50 points .It does not seem that long since getting to 50 was a dream .That dream was only going to happen with a massive spend in January. Wow what a roller coaster.

Well done Steve and the boys, another fantastic away win. 6 away wins in around 3 months! I can remember when we went 18 months without 1 away win!!..........Will I wake up from this dream shortly??

madrid_gill - 20/1/2018 15:23

HerrLjunga - 20/1/2018 15:21

We look alright, well worked goal, decent turnout from Kent (and Corby)

And the local schools going by the high-pitched sounds every time Holy takes a goal kick!

Yep, many hundreds of youngsters, probably on a freebie promotion, boosted Scunny`s crowd to 5,000. Good for them.

LancsGordoRoad - 20/1/2018 20:30

Yep, many hundreds of youngsters, probably on a freebie promotion, boosted Scunny`s crowd to 5,000. Good for them.

Surely it was the thought of seeing the mighty Steve Lovell and his excellent Gills XI that boosted the crowd?

The reading of our record pre and post Steve Lovell taking over is absolutely astounding.

Seriously, how can you take the same squad of players that had started the season with 1 win in 12 and were dead set relegation certainties and turn them into a team with play-off form over 16 games (W8 D6 L2). Including wins v 3 or 4 top 6 sides. Gobsmacked.

A league table of the last 16 games would make interesting viewing. Anyone know how that could be done?

Last six current form looks good

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away
:4: :4:

Table since SL took over. Shows just what an amazing job he has done. Absolutely stunning away form. If only he can work his magic on those home draws.

Interestingly Wigan and Bradford have similar strange home v away form. Perhaps the coaches should have a meeting on it :-)

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2017-Oct-14/todate:2018-Jun-01/type:home-and-away/