Forest V Blades - Do or Die thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

Forest V Blades - Do or Die thread

I would take Berge but not Muric. Not sure about Beyer - would he be an improvement on what we have?
He's only 23 - loads of improvement in him

When their fans are desperate not to lose him then you know he's a player

And he will have gained so much this season. Much less a risk taking a player with proven Premier League experience

15M clause to be allowed to leave if relegated apparently

"According to journalist Florian Plettenberg, the 23-year-old defender is currently recovering from a knee injury and he is expected to return to action soon.

There have been enquiries from Premier League clubs and Bundesliga clubs for the highly-rated defender and it remains to be seen whether he will move on in the summer.

Burnley are having a disappointing season and they are one of the favourites to go down. If they are relegated at the end of the season, an exit in the summer would be a real possibility for Beyer."

Exactly the type of player we need to add to our squad

Last edited:
He isn’t totally different. He has got more experience and hasn’t made so many errors albeit he cost them a game recently. I don’t rate him as any better than Sels so I really don’t know why we would bother.
Because he's better than Turner and the Greek lad and provides competition and at an age to improve and improve

And proper Premier League experience now

Slow but steady improvement of the squad

A Premier League starting keeper to battle with Sels

Who will be affordable if they go down

And Liverpool after the keeper he is keeping out of the team!!

Define successful. Did he make lots of saves or did Burnley just improve? Trafford did struggle but his defence have never helped him.
This is a Burnley fan in a BBC sports story

(Loads of similar comments on their forum)

They are more than happy to get as much money from Liverpool as possible for Trafford PROVIDING they can keep Muric.

"I have made this point before, but I am beyond frustrated that Vincent Kompany's decision to play Arijanet Muric instead of James Trafford came so very late. We look like a completely different side with him in it. We could have survived this season, we really could have.
Kompany has said recently that he "will be proven right" about Trafford. We don't doubt that. We don't doubt Trafford's natural talent. We don't doubt that he will be a top Premier League goalkeeper one day. But it's not about being right, it is about making the right decision to give your team the best chance of surviving. And, for this season at least, that meant delaying Trafford's progression in favour of a stronger keeper. Missing that may well cost us our Premier League status this year."

If they believe Muric could have kept that team up (which they all do if you check their forum) - then what could he do for us?

For sure Turner and the Greek lad would have took them down doing far worse than they've done? So he's a clear and obvious guaranteed improvement on what we have

And potential to challenge Sels at the very least

I was surprised to read on Burnley's forum the lack of positivity surrounding Trafford who was excellent at the start of the season.

Because he's better than Turner and the Greek lad and provides competition and at an age to improve and improve

And proper Premier League experience now

Slow but steady improvement of the squad

A Premier League starting keeper to battle with Sels

Who will be affordable if they go down

And Liverpool after the keeper he is keeping out of the team!!
I would want better and I don’t think he is…

We saw for ourselves the howlers Muric is capable of and he still does them now.He obviously has moments of quality but you can't afford to have a goalie who has the moments of loss in concentration as he does.

This is a Burnley fan in a BBC sports story

(Loads of similar comments on their forum)

They are more than happy to get as much money from Liverpool as possible for Trafford PROVIDING they can keep Muric.

"I have made this point before, but I am beyond frustrated that Vincent Kompany's decision to play Arijanet Muric instead of James Trafford came so very late. We look like a completely different side with him in it. We could have survived this season, we really could have.
Kompany has said recently that he "will be proven right" about Trafford. We don't doubt that. We don't doubt Trafford's natural talent. We don't doubt that he will be a top Premier League goalkeeper one day. But it's not about being right, it is about making the right decision to give your team the best chance of surviving. And, for this season at least, that meant delaying Trafford's progression in favour of a stronger keeper. Missing that may well cost us our Premier League status this year."

If they believe Muric could have kept that team up (which they all do if you check their forum) - then what could he do for us?

For sure Turner and the Greek lad would have took them down doing far worse than they've done? So he's a clear and obvious guaranteed improvement on what we have

And potential to challenge Sels at the very least
What relegated Burnley wasn’t the choice of keeper.

We saw for ourselves the howlers Muric is capable of and he still does them now.He obviously has moments of quality but you can't afford to have a goalie who has the moments of loss in concentration as he does.
They all do mate

That's keepers. And don't forget it's not like the old days where they only filmed one match involving two teams each week

Every mistake is shown almost instantly

Kelleher would be the one for me. Calm, great with his feet, and only 25 also I believe?

Dont rate Trafford, but if he goes to Liverpool as a number 2, makes sense for him.

Anyway I'm suggesting we should be in for the 3 players Burnley fans don't want to lose

It's a great sign and these aren't just unproven Championship players

Definitely the quality to improve on players we would move on. And experienced at this level.

This isn't like signing Toff and O'Brien from Huddersfield which is where we were at when promoted. This is buying Premier League quality players from a sinking ship (hopefully

Anyway I'm suggesting we should be in for the 3 players Burnley fans don't want to lose

It's a great sign and these aren't just unproven Championship players

Definitely the quality to improve on players we would move on. And experienced at this level.
Personally we need way better than anything in that Burnley team.

Luton have 3/4 worth looking at (Chong, Barkley, Doughty, Morris or Adebayo) but Burnley…. Not convinced

Personally we need way better than anything in that Burnley team.

Luton have 3/4 worth looking at (Chong, Barkley, Doughty, Morris or Adebayo) but Burnley…. Not convinced
Burnley have shown more quality than Luton and Sheff United IMO

They are more like grit and battle rather than quality

However, if we can cherry pick some quality from either as well fair enough

Reactions: UTR
Knowing how Turner and the Greek lad would have unquestionably taken ss down and how many points he cost us you have to genuinely question that Bash?

Ps they aren't actually relegated yet!!
Our keepers errors were highlighted most weeks. I certainly don’t remember more than two instances where the Burnley keeper has been reported to have cost them the game. And one of those was Muric…

EPL certainly don’t think so either…

I hope he does do this.

I posted yesterday that between loans and purchases we need a full back, a CB, CDM, winger and a CF. Would love to get Kelleher out of Liverpool but can’t see us doing that

Therefore I’d loan a CB and Brereton, buy Podence , and find a CDM and a good fullback
I’d agree with this. All really important requirements imo.

I wouldn't sell murillo for all the tea in China. BJ didn't do enough for the team, however great as a winger. murillo is someone we should build around.

if EM is serious about progressing we need to keep our better players and try to have a season without massive squad churn. given the loaded dice all promoted clubs are given, we didn't have a choice.

now we do.

despite all the investment so far, still think we need to do the one thing we haven't done so far- go balls deep for a striker.

someone tell the boy to go buy Ivan Toney. yes his ego might not fit in the wfcg but if we can get a consistent striker not made of biscuits we can do something.
More chance of signing Ivan Skavinsky Skavar .

Burnley have shown more quality than Luton and Sheff United IMO

They are more like grit and battle rather than quality

However, if we can cherry pick some quality from either as well fair enough
Is this the same Muric that we once had on loan?

The Muric who had a penchant for punching the ball into his own goal?

Chances are he will have improved since then; however, Goal Keeper is a very important position, and I would like someone with more experience.

A confident Keeper, who is not afraid to get stuck into his defence, will help no end and improve our shambolic set piece routine.

Is this the same Muric that we once had on loan?

The Muric who had a penchant for punching the ball into his own goal?

Chances are he will have improved since then; however, Goal Keeper is a very important position, and I would like someone with more experience.

A confident Keeper, who is not afraid to get stuck into his defence, will help no end and improve our shambolic set piece routine.
It's more an indication of how terrible Trafford has been.

Muric is better than he was for us but still a weak keeper. He is good at distributing it though

We dont need too many players; Hennessey, Boly, Filipe, Arter, McKenna, Worrell, Soh, Bowler and Kouyate will all be gone.

Montiel, Tavares, Reyna, Ribiero and Origi will have gone back to their parent Clubs

We need to be looking at off loading Niakhate, Toffolo, Panzo, O Brien and Mangala, if he does not sign for Lyon; Apart from Mangala, they all have one year left of their Contracts so we wont get any money for them - send them out on loan

Turner and Vlachimodis need fucking off, but the same applies, no one will pay them what we pay them, so it will be a loan.

Assuming none of the first team get sold on, that leaves us around 19 players which include Richards, Dennis and Aguillera.

We need 4 quality signings and a few loans - Experienced Keeper for competition, another forward, possibly a younger forward to develop, another midfield player, ideally one with leadership qualities and an experienced central defender who will get in players faces and get them to defend as they should be doing.