Brighton & Hove Albion v Aston Villa Sunday 5th May 14.00 hrs K.O | Vital Football

Brighton & Hove Albion v Aston Villa Sunday 5th May 14.00 hrs K.O

Brighton have only won 6 games since we smacked them 6 -1 but I still expect this to be a tough and exhausting game. I think we will pip it one-nil. Hopefully pool beat spurs which will secure 4th mathematically.

We basically ended their season the last time we played them. They have loads of injuries and have been really struggling for form.

Time to put our boots on their necks.

We have to win and they can eat shit.

Enjoyed our last two visits down to the south coast, even Gerrard’s Villa managed a bloody win! With Brighton on a poor run and having nowt to play for even looking as knackered as we do, we’re more than capable of getting the points. Just need to somehow muster up one more league performance we’ve shown so many times this season to get us over that champions league line. If we do, there’s no way Spurs are winning all four of their remaining games! Do that and we can then give it the full bollocks next Thursday without worrying too much about the scousers on the Monday! That said, beating my mate Klopp on his disasterous ‘farewell tour’ would be the icing on the cake!

For once in our lives could we please please please please please please please make this easy for ourselves.

As harsh as it sounds, Luiz looks like his head is gone to some pre gerrard era so I would actually drop him.

In true Villa style, I expect us to feck this one up and keep the "race" for 4th going until the final game.
In an ideal world, Liverpool will tonk Spurs and Villa will get the normal 3 points from Brighton but we all know it won't be that straight forward.

Huuuuuuuuuge game. But they all are now. A win all but secures 4th and quite frankly they owe us after that shite last night.
Yep, the biggest game of our season for the 20 somethinged time and then next Thursday will also be the biggest game of our season. And it'll keep going that way until we qualify for CL and win that bloody trophy!

In an ideal world, Liverpool will tonk Spurs and Villa will get the normal 3 points from Brighton but we all know it won't be that straight forward.
I'm worried about the game because Brighton are "due" one.

They're on an absolutely shocking run, off the back of a thumping at Bournemouth and they've been getting crucified all week that they've given up, look unit, aren't professional and so on.

So we're probably going to face a fired up team rather than the totally dejected and demoralized team that Bournemouth got last week.

In true Villa style, I expect us to feck this one up and keep the "race" for 4th going until the final game.
I would bet my next 10 years wages that things will go tits up for at least the next two games.

If I remember correctly Unai lost his last 2 games at Arsenal to allow Spurs to pip them to 4th place?

If I remember correctly Unai lost his last 2 games at Arsenal to allow Spurs to pip them to 4th place?

Assuming spurs will loose at least 1 of our there remaining games - We would need only 1 victory to wrap up 4th place.

In short Emery has to hit the worst form of his villa career for us to not get 4th. But guessing where that 1 victory is coming from is making me very nervous !!!!

We will win as will Liverpool and joy will be unconfined on Sunday evening. I already have the Vimto on ice.
Oh, and we'll put the Greeks to the sword next Thursday.
If we win Sunday we’ll win on Thursday, of that I am absolutely certain.

Reactions: BBJ