Other Games 23/24 | Page 71 | Vital Football

Other Games 23/24

The first eagle my best mate ever got. He hit his shot way too far right that we all shouted "fore" as it flew towards the golfers on the next tee-box. It was an elevated tee-box so the ball hit the upward slope, kicked off towards the green and went in the hole.

That's also why John O'Shea's brother Rick still has the most assists in PL history.
I once had a round in one. Toe-ended my drive on the first tee and holed out on the adjacent 18th green.

I’ve watched them a few times now under Glasner.

He has them very solid at the back, led by Anderson and with Guehi out injured.

They are also very competitive in midfield with Hughes and the young Wharton (who were linked with)

Any two of Ayew, Eze and Olise provide plenty of skill and threat to opposition defences.

Mateta has been superb since Glasner’s arrival with 8 goals in 9 PL games at the point if their attack. He’s strong as an ox aswell.

Glasner has impressed me a lot tbf in his short time at Palace.
I've been really impressed by Wharton, he has made the step up and looked very comfortable at the higher level.

Good call TQ, regards Brighton, unfortunately I don't watch enough other games just now to report on how many decisions go for/against the big teams, but yet again refer to pens, awarded. Man C had the most pens given last season and indeed Arse and Lpool are right up there this year with pens awarded, now how many against they got away with, I don't know, but for me Refs do hold the sway on that little percentage point that can turn a draw into a win.

Good call TQ, regards Brighton, unfortunately I don't watch enough other games just now to report on how many decisions go for/against the big teams, but yet again refer to pens, awarded. Man C had the most pens given last season and indeed Arse and Lpool are right up there this year with pens awarded, now how many against they got away with, I don't know, but for me Refs do hold the sway on that little percentage point that can turn a draw into a win.
It must be inevitable that top teams get most penalties for their attacking dominance. A better stat would be percentage of claims awarded after VAR review. I wonder if that is reported anywhere. I personally don't think that refs are biased but as humans they can't help but be influenced by big home crowds to some extent.

Just to prove big clubs get the rub Brighton are denied a nailed on penalty.
I thought that was a very fair challenge from behind , that brought down the attacking player , who had danced his way through their defence .

That fact that the defender didn’t get the ball, wrapped his legs around the attacker just as he was about to shoot , brought him down , had absolutely nothing to do with it .

Similarly, the fact that no one touched that marvellous City Chap as he was attacking , lost his footing , slipped and fell over , also had nothing to do with the nice ref giving a free shot on goal from eighteen yards away, and allowing City to score another wonderful goal .
The bias , whether conscious or not , is there for all to see .

Just supposing for one minute , had that been Richarlison bearing down on Steele in Brighton’ s goal , putting in a sliding lunge on the keeper , and attempting to get to the ball , feet first …… would that have been seen as dangerous play , and penalised .

The ironic cheers that greeted the moment the ref gave a free kick to Brighton hopefully wasn’t lost .

I even think those cheers stopped him giving City a dubious penalty just after .

I thought that was a very fair challenge from behind , that brought down the attacking player , who had danced his way through their defence .

That fact that the defender didn’t get the ball, wrapped his legs around the attacker just as he was about to shoot , brought him down , had absolutely nothing to do with it .

Similarly, the fact that no one touched that marvellous City Chap as he was attacking , lost his footing , slipped and fell over , also had nothing to do with the nice ref giving a free shot on goal from eighteen yards away, and allowing City to score another wonderful goal .

Just supposing for one minute , had that been Richarlison bearing down on Steele in Brighton’ s goal , putting in a sliding lunge on the keeper , and attempting to get to the ball , feet first …… would that have been seen as dangerous play , and penalised .

The ironic cheers that greeted the moment the ref gave a free kick to Brighton hopefully wasn’t lost .

I even think those cheers stopped him giving City a dubious penalty just after .
:clap: :clap: :ROFLMAO:

See Above LT, the big teams get the decisions.

For me the Bias is for all to see!

Also its got nout todo wiv Refs being Human! and of course VAR looked at/operated by Humans.

I really believe the Refs do not give a fcuk about bad publicity from the so called lesser Clubs and there minor coach's, but do give a fcuk if the bad publicity comes from the so called Big Boys and their mouthy coach's, so bias does come in, simple as that.

I want City to win the title. Because it won't be us and if I have a choice amongst the top 3 City wins hands down.

And if they are stripped of the title and it's handed to Arsenal then it will be tainted for Arsenal. And we can always say...but you didn't really win it did you?

Our U21 game away at Fulham is on Spursplay this evening, k/o is at 19.00. They are a very dangerous side and will be a tough test for our lads.

Fulham have a really good number 6 in their U21 side, he is tall and strong and distributes the ball really well.

I assume Dorrington has been out injured but played 75 minutes tonight, he really is a class act.

Last edited:
Good 2-0 win by the U21's means they finish top on league games but now participate in play-offs as part of the new format. 2 goals from Will Lankshear who could have had 4 or 5 on the night.

I watched the Bath v Sarries, Rugby, last night, 2 bloody good sides.

1st half there was a lot of kicking, which is not what the fans want, but hey each side afraid to make a mistake, so get the ball up field.
Sarries were down to 14 men, M Itojo off on a Yellow, but Sarries were 0-5 up at the time then scored wiv 14 men a Converted Try, so 0-12 up at HT.

2nd half a completely different ball game, 15 v 15, Bath came out like a thunder storm, Sarries defence finally cracked, a non Converted Try scored, then a while later a Converted Try made the score 12 apiece.

3-5 mins to go Bath battling the Sarries to stop em getting the Try only to give away a Pen, Owen Farrell then taking his time in front of the post, to the boo's of the Bath faithful, finally wiv seconds left on his kick time scored the pen, so now 12-15, thus the final Hooter score.

Loved the game, my Sarries got their 1st away win in 7 at the Wreck, Bath's old magnificent stadium, though must admit did feel for Bath, but generally what a game.

Now for Quinns v Northampton this after, that should be some mix up. Lol!