Other Games 23/24 | Page 70 | Vital Football

Other Games 23/24

I've witnessed a hole in one that was shanked 45 degrees into some decorative rocks and bounced 90 degrees up and over a pond onto the green then rolled into the cup.

Given the ability of the golfer that was LUCK.

The first eagle my best mate ever got. He hit his shot way too far right that we all shouted "fore" as it flew towards the golfers on the next tee-box. It was an elevated tee-box so the ball hit the upward slope, kicked off towards the green and went in the hole.

That's also why John O'Shea's brother Rick still has the most assists in PL history.

Timing is the other major factor. When the right group of people come together and accomplish something great it has a lot to do with timing.

Yep, all of the big clubs go through peaks and troughs. Aston Villa's timing has been perfect, just like Leicester when they won the league with 81 points. That was timing considering the points tallies achieved in the years around their title.

Whilst I understand Ange is trying to build a permanence about Spurs being at the top, I do wonder whether we will regret missing out on CL this season. It will be more competitive again next season.

Yep, all of the big clubs go through peaks and troughs. Aston Villa's timing has been perfect, just like Leicester when they won the league with 81 points. That was timing considering the points tallies achieved in the years around their title.

Whilst I understand Ange is trying to build a permanence about Spurs being at the top, I do wonder whether we will regret missing out on CL this season. It will be more competitive again next season.

Competitiveness also has peaks and troughs.

There are a few issues for me here.
1/ we still need to factor pens /free kicks/sending off etc,, ie how much effect the ref has on match results.
Is it any surprise that both Arse and, Lpool are joint 2nd in pens, awarded with 9, that's literally 8 more goals than us,who've been given 1, yup I know the argument, you have to be in the danger zone to get them.
But I do think even (non) decisions are viewed differently by the media, look at the obvious pen yesterday for Notts Forest. If that were Liverpool, or the Manchester teams there'd be a fortnight's discussion (post mortem) on it, unfortunately we fall into the
'ohhh dear what a shame never mind' teams when decisions go against us.
2/ We do need to be dirtier in our play, more canny if you like, it happens with City and before them Chelsea, they are quite happy to 'share' the stooopid fouls, with that said again City seem to be allowed quite a few fouls before cards are produced, I refer back to the Referee and his decisions. You know 'that bit of luck' 😉
3/ We need differing ways of playing certain opponents, at home /away and indeed a way to change up/down during games, to manage them.

Yeah but Niall...I have said this before....Arse and Pool (and City) LIVE in the opposing players box...their attacks are constantly penetrating the box.

Ours does not...we live primarily outside the box and we often lose the ball before we ever get there.

BL - it is hard to get awarded pens when you are never in a position to get one to begin with.

As for changing our style of play....AP has not shown an ability or tactical/strategic sense to do so....yet. We will see how he grows and learns...I hope he does.

Yeah but Niall...I have said this before....Arse and Pool (and City) LIVE in the opposing players box...their attacks are constantly penetrating the box.

Ours does not...we live primarily outside the box and we often lose the ball before we ever get there.

BL - it is hard to get awarded pens when you are never in a position to get one to begin with.

As for changing our style of play....AP has not shown an ability or tactical/strategic sense to do so....yet. We will see how he grows and learns...I hope he does.
Things to agree and disagree with there US
For me we do 'live' in and around the opposition area, point is we then just go side to side and rarely put efforts in on goal, whether this is a strategy or a fear of shooting or losing possession I don't know.
The other stuff I did allude to myself
And changing style of play indeed is what's needed, not just playing one way...

Things to agree and disagree with there US
For me we do 'live' in and around the opposition area, point is we then just go side to side and rarely put efforts in on goal, whether this is a strategy or a fear of shooting or losing possession I don't know.
The other stuff I did allude to myself
And changing style of play indeed is what's needed, not just playing one way...

Niall, gotcha and I do agree!

Interesting topic on Talk Sport atm with regards to the Snowflake Generation & how it's been creeping into the game. City's players requesting to come off in their most recent CL game has probably brought the topic up.

Well it got me thinking as to why we can't perform to a standard with only one game per week & with a full compliment of players available to us.

Interesting topic on Talk Sport atm with regards to the Snowflake Generation & how it's been creeping into the game. City's players requesting to come off in their most recent CL game has probably brought the topic up.

Well it got me thinking as to why we can't perform to a standard with only one game per week & with a full compliment of players available to us.

LOL....'Snowflake Generation'....I have more colorful names for it...

I see Poch was up to his old tricks again last night....changed his team to play the Asewipes esp in the defence, ok their star player/striker was injured but non the less why change the team?

Palace are doing well under their new manager.
I’ve watched them a few times now under Glasner.

He has them very solid at the back, led by Anderson and with Guehi out injured.

They are also very competitive in midfield with Hughes and the young Wharton (who were linked with)

Any two of Ayew, Eze and Olise provide plenty of skill and threat to opposition defences.

Mateta has been superb since Glasner’s arrival with 8 goals in 9 PL games at the point if their attack. He’s strong as an ox aswell.

Glasner has impressed me a lot tbf in his short time at Palace.