Rolling Results 23/24 | Page 41 | Vital Football

Rolling Results 23/24

There isn’t a decent referee.
They have done themselves no favours this season.

I simply have no confidence in them most of the time to make consistent decisions. The dynamic between the VAR and the referee’s worries me & the issue of time keeping bugs me. I cannot get out of my head the game where we were winning by a large margin when the referee blew for full time without playing any added minutes. Even though there had been several substitutions in the second half. That is just plain wrong and inexplicable.
Add to this:-
Failure to consistently penalise players from delaying restarts 9free kicks)
Failure to deal with obvious dissent
Most significantly the utter bottle they display when not booking players for offences in the 2nd minute which they then deem worthy of a booking for an identical offence in the 55th minute. They ‘manage’ games early on in order to avoid having to face a ‘difficult’ decision a bit later when a player might already be on a yellow card. This is BS. Saturday Chelsea set out to disrupt our play with a series of fouls early on each of which was committed by a different player. Caicedo was eventually booked and then clearly later you could see him stop himself pulling back KDB as he strode towards the penalty area because he knew he’d get a second yellow. THAT is how referees affect games.

:rant:

Right. Time to take the blood pressure medication :ROFLMAO:

Everton can do us, and themselves a favour this evening, after Chelsea fell over vs Arse the day before. Maybe they were too tired!!

It does look like a pathetic rollover by Poch’s team. Once again he & they flattered to deceive. Much was made of their ‘8 game unbeaten run’ on Saturday and now we see they are weak paper tigers. Mid table after spending a gazillion (£89m on Mudryk etc) and this does not seem to be a story…….

It does look like a pathetic rollover by Poch’s team. Once again he & they flattered to deceive. Much was made of their ‘8 game unbeaten run’ on Saturday and now we see they are weak paper tigers. Mid table after spending a gazillion (£89m on Mudryk etc) and this does not seem to be a story…….
It was but it was the equivalent of City v Madrid - we were so fatigued and shagged out knackered, hence why Chelsea looked the better team

So with Arsenal having no European involvement have no midweek game play Chelsea, who have played their socks off on Saturday against City are now knackered and shagged out get stuffed

it is exactly what Pep says too many games close together and not enough recovery time.

I blame meaningless international games and too many international tournaments when players deserve to have a break and the Clubs end up taking the fall having to give these players extra time and now miss the start of the season.

The controversy of reducing the number of games is difficult when UEFA decide to increase the number of teams into the Champions League that the majority of these teams in the CL are not Champions, but then you have the Europa League and then the Europa Conference Leagues

I know I have digressed but all this to show that Chelsea were not given time to recover to play like they did against Manchester City

I still can't decide which is more annoying. His smug endless' stream of consciousness' blathering after a victory OR his morose 'blame everyone else' depressed muttering after a defeat. It's a tough call :shrug:

Suffice to say I will miss neither.