Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 298 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Seen it reported that Olympiacos have 4 games, including against us,in 8 days. That's some shitty schedule but could benefit us

They'll all be huge games as well as they're in a title race and presumably the latter stages of the domestic cup there. I think they'll prioritise Europe though. I don't believe a Greek club has won a European trophy so they will want that more than anything.

Just got some tickets via the UEFA ballot for the final. I'm sure I can flog them to the locals if Olympiacos beat us in the Semi finals. Don't let me have to do this Villa.

Last edited:
Just got some tickets via the EUFA ballot for the final. I'm sure I can flog them to the locals if Olympiacos beat us in the Semi finals. Don't let me have to do this Villa.

Strange you’ve been told already, I’ve applied but I put myself down as a Villa fan so I’d have thought they might wait til after the semis for the draw. I’m sure I read they’re doing a separate draw in that scenario anyway. Also applied for Champions League final tickets at Wembley and put I’ll have tickets whoever gets to the final but they haven’t done the draw for that yet.

Can’t seem to get Olypiakos tickets on line for season ticket holders. Says, coming soon yet time scale runs out tomorrow. Anyone else having problems? Or should I be phoning?

Strange you’ve been told already, I’ve applied but I put myself down as a Villa fan so I’d have thought they might wait til after the semis for the draw. I’m sure I read they’re doing a separate draw in that scenario anyway. Also applied for Champions League final tickets at Wembley and put I’ll have tickets whoever gets to the final but they haven’t done the draw for that yet.

From the email from Uefa ticketing:

When will I know the outcome of my application?

Applicants that selected “I want to apply for tickets in any case”, regardless of which teams reach the final, will receive an email notification with the outcome of their application by the beginning of May 2024 the latest. After the Semi Final matches, another lottery will be run among those who decided to apply only if their team qualifies. Note that the emails are not sent to all applicants at once.

I think the ballot for tickets for the final is earlier for the ones who haven't stated their team.

I've applied as a Villa fan as well but the draw for us isn't until after the semi finals understandably.

There were 2 options and draws. One for if you wanted a ticket anyway and another for if you only wanted one if your team got there. I entered myself and the wife in the former to double our chances.

The first ballot has just been done. The wife had an email to say her application was successfully and I have paid for the tickets. I have heard nothing on mine so presume it failed.

If you ticked the box for only for your team, the draw is after the SF obviously. We have booked a week in Athens so will go anyway. I thought there would be more chance of a ticket by selecting the first option.

I would Screenshot the email but have no idea how to do it lol. It contained a link to buy the tickets as we have done. It states an email will be sent nearer the final date to download electronic presumably mobile tickets.

There were 2 options and draws. One for if you wanted a ticket anyway and another for if you only wanted one if your team got there. I entered myself and the wife in the former to double our chances.

The first ballot has just been done. The wife had an email to say her application was successfully and I have paid for the tickets. I have heard nothing on mine so presume it failed.

If you ticked the box for only for your team, the draw is after the SF obviously. We have booked a week in Athens so will go anyway. I thought there would be more chance of a ticket by selecting the first option.

Yeah I picked the other, can’t say I’ve any interest in the final if Villa aren’t there but fair play nonetheless as you’ll be there should Villa advance.

Won’t be a cheap trip, flights were dear when I looked a while back (Time of writing BHX to Athens one way £527 on 26th May) and I simply couldn’t justify the cost of going there without tickets to stand in a fan park, can go elsewhere for much less for a week, I’ll wait for the victory parade when they return with the trophy.

Yeah I picked the other, can’t say I’ve any interest in the final if Villa aren’t there but fair play nonetheless as you’ll be there should Villa advance.

Won’t be a cheap trip, flights were dear when I looked a while back (Time of writing BHX to Athens one way £527 on 26th May) and I simply couldn’t justify the cost of going there without tickets to stand in a fan park, can go elsewhere for much less for a week, I’ll wait for the victory parade when they return with the trophy.
Much cheaper from Gatwick. Both Easy Jet and Wizz fl to Athens from there.

That's why I booked early and took a chance. 900 quid return for the 2 of us from Brum via Jet2. 600 Euros for a good apartment for 7 nights. We have never been to Athens so it was a holiday even without the final assured.

Just had an email to say my application failed. It therefore looks like you get told either way.

Yeah it does say that when I checked earlier, I’ve tried a couple of time to go to the champions league final in the past so really hoping I can go this time. I’m not holding much hope for the conference league final as it’s a much smaller ground and will obviously have a loads trying so you’ve done well to get a pair of tickets either way.

Yeah it does say that when I checked earlier, I’ve tried a couple of time to go to the champions league final in the past so really hoping I can go this time. I’m not holding much hope for the conference league final as it’s a much smaller ground and will obviously have a loads trying so you’ve done well to get a pair of tickets either way.
The way I read it its 4 tickets per application. I think the ground capacity is 30,000 and each side get 9,000 each so in theory there are 12,000 for UEFA but how many of those are earmarked for the fans ballot who knows .