Tits v Bristols | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tits v Bristols

All that's missing is a Stone Island badge and a pint of Carling.

Who's that? A depiction of Richard the Lionheart? It's not St George.
St George was traditionally believed to be a Roman Soldier of Greek origin who died on 23rd April 303AD. He was considered a saint after being executed for refusing to back down on his Christian beliefs. The story of his dragon slaying feats becoming legend in later times. He is also known to be the patron saint of other countries and regions including (strangely enough) Ethiopia.

He never visited England but his Legend was brought back to these shores by soldiers coming back from the crusades where Christians in the Middle East lauded George as a warrior saint. He was adopted as the patron saint of England in 1222 with his flag thought to be already used widely by English soldiers.

The reformation put an end to any celebrations and religious processions but in recent times there have been calls to celebrate St George's day and a suggestion that it becomes a national holiday which I'm all for.

Anyway, happy St George's day!
St George’s Day Joke

A salesman knocked on the door of the George and Dragon Pub….Landlady answers the door….. Salesman asks is George in

I’ll get my coat

Always been proud to be English and always will be. I also have a 1/16 bit of Welsh in me and I'm proud of that piece as well.

If our parents did their job right we should be proud of them ( and I am ) and likewise be proud of our children and grandchildren ( which I am ).

We all should be proud of who we are and I happen to be English ...
My Mother's parents were Welsh, My Fathers parents were Irish,
I was born in England, the Only Scotch inside me is Bells.

Depends whether you noticed that a picture representing St George was posted on Shakespeare's birthday on this thread about body parts

I agree with you s### comment about Tommy Robinson

Last edited:
Just seen a quote from Maloney saying tomorrow is a a big day for Jones and Humphrys and it will be good to see them get on the pitch so they and fans can say thanks to each other.

It did seem like he was hinting it will be their last game for us. I hope not, but I expect it probably will be.

9 shots on target in one game. Hope there's more of that next season. Three wins on the trot. Will we start and continue this next season or back to sideways backwards and walk ball.
These last few results show it's possible to go for wins and possibly shows off opportunities wasted by playing not to lose rather than playing to win.
Well done on keeping us up though S.M.

Top-half finish, maybe MAYBE may have had a poke at the playoffs if not for the points deduction. Club still exists, we haven’t embarrassed ourselves, and we’re at what is probably our level.

Every player who put in a decent shift this season should be proud of what they’ve done.

We’re ranked 56th out of all the football clubs in the country, and that seems alright.

Nice win to finish off the season & a decent performance from 'super Josh'. Will be interesting to see who we keep & who will go. Didn't stop for the players lap of honour as had a pressing engagement of the Ashton Town play off final to attend.

Good win and a good performance, I thought Greta had his best game of the season.Three wins on the spin....has Maloney finally cracked it or will he revert to the mindless negative dross seen so many times this season?

Very good showing from us, forcing their keeper into a MOM performance for them ….maybe…..he could have done better with Johnny Smith’s goal?…not sure but he made four excellent stops to keep the score down together with the bloke who just kept Godo’s shot off the line.
Magennis outstanding first half ….where has he been hiding up to now?….one Mon round us said “he’s bound to fail a drugs test” whereas my mate says he was much better because the team were more positive and playing balls forward sooner …

Hughes really is class …reckon he could step up at least one level…and Aasgaard played very well (be better still next season if he’d get his Bloody hair cut)
Oh and the young lad from Liverpool is a belter, needs to be in the Championship next season.

Last edited:
Just seen a quote from Maloney saying tomorrow is a a big day for Jones and Humphrys and it will be good to see them get on the pitch so they and fans can say thanks to each other.

It did seem like he was hinting it will be their last game for us. I hope not, but I expect it probably will be.
Nice win to finish off the season & a decent performance from 'super Josh'. Will be interesting to see who we keep & who will go. Didn't stop for the players lap of honour as had a pressing engagement of the Ashton Town play off final to attend.
I bumped into both Stones & Humphrys after the game. I asked Humphrys if he'd be staying for next season & he replied "It's up to the manager." Make of that what you will. But he seemed pleased when I told him I hope he does stay.