Game week 34 | Page 26 | Vital Football

Game week 34

Now I’ve slept on it I'm still just as fed up & angry as I was yesterday. I’m fed up with all the bad decisions we are getting, but more fed up with the constant bleating about it.

The statement that’s been released I’ve mixed feelings about as I do genuinely think think that it is time that the arrogance of officials & the PGMOL was challenged and their attitude changed. In this day & age we cannot go on with a system that is so broken that they feel the need to keep everything shrouded in secrecy it's that leads to these ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Every other sport that employs video assistance in their decision making process does it openly so that the paying supporter can follow the process and see / hear the reasons behind decisions it doesn't stop people disagreeing but at least it will have been done openly & honestly.

The whole refereeing process has to become accountable and it’s possible this might be the first step to achieving this. I don’t necessarily agree with the way the club have gone about it & it doesn’t show us up in a very good light However it might just be a case of the end justifying the means if it opens up a proper grown up debate it, personally I doubt it but we’ll see.

That just about covers what I’m fed up with but not what I am angry about, my anger revolves around the pathetic way the team & management approach these vital game like the one yesterday. I am absolutely sick of seeing this bunch of bottle free players jogging around the pitch & making half hearted attempts to block shots, put tackles in etc,. from management down they are incredibly well paid for what they do or should I say what they don’t do. These players are generally as good as any others in the lower half of the table and yet they consistently manage to fail to compete with those same teams.

If the skill levels are similar but you are not competing with those teams around you then it has to be down to other factors like application, desire, will to win, call it what you like, someone yesterday called it gutless which is as good a word as any, add to that, team organisation, motivation etc. Any team & management representing our club to lack any of these fundamentals is unforgivable but I’m afraid it is those qualities that are lacking.

For me Nuno is not the man to take us forward I know that the persona we see during pre & post match pressers does not necessarily reflect what he is like behind the scenes but I would suggest it is a pretty good indicator & that added to his demeanour on the touch line during games where he looks a forlorn figure suggests motivational team talks are not his strong points.

I now don't see this bunch of coaches & players having the wherewithal to lift us out of the hole that they have dug us into, we may stay up by default on the back of the shortcomings of others which is a bit pathetic in itself, but personally I am now resigned to what I consider to be almost inevitable & I am now at peace with that, and looking forward to a more enjoyable championship campaign in a VAR free environment, where we might win a few more games, & ticket availability might be easier.

Having had 2 years in the prem I am really questioning myself as to why I & others were so obsessed with what we thought was a return to the promised land. When you think about it, what do we get from it, a big pile of money for the club to waste on mediocre players, the chance to see world class players embarrass our own, inflated prices, lack of ticket availability & the vast majority of weekends ruined by the ineptitude of our team who condemn us to an awful none enjoyable season scrambling about near the bottom of the league. Is that really what we waited 23 years for, bring on the Championship.

Sorry for rambling on for so long but I'm old & have nothing else to do, at least I've got a few things off my chest

Frequently under p
Exactly. Some of the people complaining about the decisions yesterday need to go back to what they (those same people) were saying about Huddersfield Town fans' bitterness after the play- off final.

Here it is: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/...-the-21st-century.124660/page-34#post-3365304

There is this particular post which I thought was very amusing and still do: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/...-the-21st-century.124660/page-34#post-3365304

What happened yesterday was that Forest did not play very well and suffered some questionable penalty decisions. They did not, however, bar the save that Wood forced from Pickford, produce many, if any, serious threats on goal. I felt Forest's goal was frequently under pressure, with play down this end and Seltz making some saves. Sometimes we just have to suck it up and move on to the next game, like Everton did after losing 6-0 at Chelsea.
Frequently under pressure?
Utter bollocks.

Nottingham Forest
Sacked: Steve Cooper (19/12)
PL Matches: 17
% Win Rate & PPG: 18% WR, 0.82 PPG
League Position: 17th - 14 points

Hired: Nuno Espirito Santo (20/12)
PL Matches: 17
% Win Rate & PPG: 23.5% WR, 0.94 PPG
League Position: 17th - 26 points (4 points deducted)

He's made absolutely no tangible improvement over Cooper. He's earning an extra 1 point every 10 games. As I've said before, his stats are propped up by those early wins against Newcastle and Man Utd.

His 2024 stats in the PL are worse than Cooper, and read as follows;
PL Matches: 14
% Win Rate & PPG: 14.3% WR, 0.71 PPG
Ultimately 16 points from 17 games for Nuno just isn’t good enough, particularly when you factor in how often we have played poorly.

I didn’t want Cooper to go but have no problem with the logic behind the decision. That same logic however currently shows that replacing Cooper with Nuno was a mistake.

Even if we stay up I wouldn’t be upset if we replaced him in the summer.

I've got to take a sleeping tablet as i'm so fucking wound up i'll be awake half the night.

Frequently under p

Frequently under pressure?
Utter bollocks.

I see you slept well then.......... It may be that my sense of dread, which is of course subjective, was more acute than my sense of things being under control. But I have been at many games where I have felt that Forest are on top, doing well and that their play will lead to something. This match was not like that, with the play seeming mainly to be down the end that Forest were defending, and with Everton players frequently getting into dangerous positions. As I said on one of my earlier posts, Niakhate's speed mopping up at the back came in several times yesterday.

A bit sad putting someone like Cornflakes on ignore.

He may be a snert but he is completely harmless and innoffensive and one of the much more informed posters on here. I don't care if people get fed up of what I have to say and ignore me, but ignoring someone like Cornflakes can only be because you don't want to hear a certain football opinion you don't like.
Once again, you assume a lot.

The only people I've ever put on ignore is cornflakes and ingy, not because I dislike them at all, but because at the time I put them there all I was seeing on the forum was Gay trap 2 shit from Corny, and humourless puns from Ingy. I was sick of wading through it.
Nothing to do with football opinion.

I see you slept well then.......... It may be that my sense of dread, which is of course subjective, was more acute than my sense of things being under control. But I have been at many games where I have felt that Forest are on top, doing well and that their play will lead to something. This match was not like that, with the play seeming mainly to be down the end that Forest were defending, and with Everton players frequently getting into dangerous positions. As I said on one of my earlier posts, Niakhate's speed mopping up at the back came in several times yesterday.
Stop spouting drivel you bellend.

Stop spouting drivel you bellend.
Well I'm done with politely humouring someone who was n't even there, and who seems to have transferred his dissatisfaction at some questionable refereeing decisions into trying to say that Forest played well when they did not.

I was not being rude to you, but humouring you. But I was there, I know how the game felt and could see and sense what was going on. At no point were Everton in any jeopardy, and while Forest might, even should, have got a penalty, it was not unfair or undeserved that they lost.

THat is not being spouting drivel, or being a bellend. You, on the other hand, get so wound up at football matches that you have got a public order conviction for throwing sweets at other fans. That is being a bellend.

Last edited:
All these tales of woe and conspiracy theories and plain bad luck are great tools for papering over the cracks, but not for me because I know we've been shit all season and that's why we're about to be relegated.
JUST - NOT - GOOD - ENOUGH.
You beat Burnley, Everton, Luton at home and pick up points or wins against Bournemouth Brentford and Palace, beat Sheff Utd home and away and you're totally out of the relegation dog fight and probably mid table or with an outside chance of European qualification (see Forest in Europe fred pmsl). I think we have a good squad or at least the base of one and we should be doing much better. The facts are though that we patiently not and thats down to coaching and tactics in my opinion. I dont rate the manager, I never did, its time for a big clear out and start again next season (in the championship) so we hit the ground running.
Fuck conspiracy and bad luck it's just bollocks, we've been shite!

All these tales of woe and conspiracy theories and plain bad luck are great tools for papering over the cracks, but not for me because I know we've been shit all season and that's why we're about to be relegated.
JUST - NOT - GOOD - ENOUGH.
You beat Burnley, Everton, Luton at home and pick up points or wins against Bournemouth Brentford and Palace, beat Sheff Utd home and away and you're totally out of the relegation dog fight and probably mid table or with an outside chance of European qualification (see Forest in Europe fred pmsl). I think we have a good squad or at least the base of one and we should be doing much better. The facts are though that we patiently not and thats down to coaching and tactics in my opinion. I dont rate the manager, I never did, its time for a big clear out and start again next season (in the championship) so we hit the ground running.
Fuck conspiracy and bad luck it's just bollocks, we've been shite!
We should be doing better, yes.
But to deny bad luck and VAR haven't contributed is madness.
If my Auntie had bollocks shed be my uncle, but if you look at the points cost by VAR mistakes we'd be mid table.
I'm sure other teams could claim similar, but not to the degree we can.

We should be doing better, yes.
But to deny bad luck and VAR haven't contributed is madness.
If my Auntie had bollocks shed be my uncle, but if you look at the points cost by VAR mistakes we'd be mid table.
I'm sure other teams could claim similar, but not to the degree we can.
I understand totally your point of view but I don't agree with it. Bad luck and dodgy decisions alone don't get you relegated just like good luck and favourable decisions don't win leagues and cups. Also, for what its worth, I think your posts on here are mostly spot on.

You arent comparing apples with apples though.

Huddersfield were complaining about two decisions, one 40-60 and one 60-40, in a game in which they didn't have a single shot on target; a game that we probably wouldn't have had to play had the referee not gotten the Sam Surridge offside wrong against Bournemouth in game 45.

We are talking about a pattern of very serious, very obvious decisions going against us over a long time.

Marinakis has been in charge of this club since 2017, so nearly 7 years. Decisions have gone for and against us, including in the PL last year. There were decisions we disagreed with but I think most of us would accept that overall things evened out. I remember one of those seasons in the championship I think we went about 50 games without being awarded a penalty.

Marinakis is behaving like this for the first time in 7 years because this is the first time we have seen a sustained period of decisions like this all going against us.

We lost yesterday because we were poor, no question. But at the same time, there were three times when we had bright moments that were cut out by illegal challenges that should then have been rewarded with a penalty. Get 1-0 ahead or to 1-1 and, mentally, it's a different game for us.
Who was the ref that got the Surridge off side goal totally wrong?

Another statement from Forest, requesting the VAR audio. They're carrying on with the attack. Just wish they'd show this much fight on the bloody pitch.

"Nottingham Forest has today submitted a formal request to the PGMOL to release into the public domain the audio recordings between officials during yesterday’s match against Everton at Goodison Park.
The club has requested this be shared for three key match incidents - Ashley Young’s challenge on Giovanni Reyna (24th minute), Ashley Young’s handball (44th minute) and Ashley Young’s challenge on Callum Hudson-Odoi (56th minute).
We firmly advocate for the broader football community and supporters to have access to the audio and transcript for full transparency, ensuring the integrity of our sport is upheld."

Well I'm done with politely humouring someone who was n't even there, and who seems to have transferred his dissatisfaction at some questionable refereeing decisions into trying to say that Forest played well when they did not.

I was not being rude to you, but humouring you. But I was there, I know how the game felt and could see and sense what was going on. At no point were Everton in any jeopardy, and while Forest might, even should, have got a penalty, it was not unfair or undeserved that they lost.

THat is not being spouting drivel, or being a bellend. You, on the other hand, get so wound up at football matches that you have got a public order conviction for throwing sweets at other fans. That is being a bellend.
You're right that was being a bellend , but after about 8 pints and 4 double brandies these things can happen what's your excuse for just being a bit of a **** ?