Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City

It is not a coincidence that the successful second half of the seson has coincided with the arrival of Taylor. I have often been critical of the recruitement team but they have been spot on this season.
Jensen, Hackett and Hamilton all excellent signings. Then Mitchell on loan.
But the Taylor one in January has been that final piece in the jigsaw. He is one of those special players who has a knack for getting into goalscoring positions. Yes he misses a few but all good strikers do. But after scoring 12 for Colchester he now has 10 for us. That's a brilliant return hopefully he can fire us into the playoffs next week.
Wel done Jez and his team

Oh how we could have done with a 'Taylor' in the first half of the season. Although he would have ploughed a lonely furrow under Kennedy, we have seen how he can create something out of nothing.
Shame Walker couldn't play a part. The striker shortage really cost us more than the recent midfield shortage has.
To use a Hortinism, Lincoln Siddy would have been home and hosed by now.

Oh how we could have done with a 'Taylor' in the first half of the season. Although he would have ploughed a lonely furrow under Kennedy, we have seen how he can create something out of nothing.
Shame Walker couldn't play a part. The striker shortage really cost us more than the recent midfield shortage has.
To use a Hortinism, Lincoln Siddy would have been home and hosed by now.
that is a sharp double-edged sword.
the thing is, with a taylor (and walker) we would have been in danger of getting a few more points in those first ten or so games - maybe keeping kennedy in a job. i remember we were top for about 5 minutes during the bristol rovers game...

accepting there were some other issues, and liam's assertion that it wasn't about results but... would the board have sacked kennedy if we were in the top six at the time (rather than 12th)?

the thing is, with a taylor (and walker) we would have been in danger of getting a few more points in those first ten or so games - maybe keeping kennedy in a job. i remember we were top for about 5 minutes during the bristol rovers game...

accepting there were some other issues, and liam's assertion that it wasn't about results but... would the board have sacked kennedy if we were in the top six at the time (rather than 12th)?
If he continued to pick on players during after match interviews yes he would have been sacked.

People being a bit harsh on Mandroiu. He has played as a major part of our midfield in the last 10+ games or so and is an integral reason why we are suddenly, out of nowhere, challenging for a spot for the Holy grail - the championship. Everyone makes mistakes but since coming back from his second red has played in an unfamiliar position and generally been excellent. (I actually think his game is suited to this position.. playing deeper - where he gets the ball facing the opposition goal and can dictate play and pick out passes better). No 'crossroads' or 'jury still out' for me!!

Not so much to take a touch, but to not then protect the ball after that touch. Contrast that with how erhahon can play inside our 18, and in tight positions. takes a good first touch, protects the ball using his body. And is aware of what is around him.
He's in a packed 18 yard box the ball is popping around, he's facing his own goal and surrounded by opposition players, there's only one sensible decision in this situation and that's get rid...

Yeah, but if they hadn't at least we would have been safe from the drop by the the end of March. What more could you want?