The Morgan Rogers Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Morgan Rogers Thread

Eh, what the fuck are you talking about? I haven’t called the fans anything.

Of course everyone thinks Rogers is great. Now.
Erm.

1. You called some posters whiners. No evidence.

2. I asked you a question about what you called our meltdown in 2016.

3. How can anyone class Rogers as great before we have seen him play?

4. I must have also missed your post where you claim Rogers would be a huge success and he would become a star straight away.

Cuckooooooo

Last edited:
Erm.

1. You called some posters whiners. No evidence.

2. I asked you a question about what you called our meltdown in 2016.

3. How can anyone class Rogers as great before we have seen him play?

4. I must have also missed your post where you claim Rogers would be a huge success and he would become a star straight away.

Cuckooooooo
🤦‍♂️

I think we're also at that stage as a club where we can bring a young un on and they look decent due to the good players around them.
Man City have Lewis and Oscar Bobb. Put them in a Bournemouth team and they wouldn't look anywhere near as good.

You saw posts whining? Maybe I have missed some then because I have not read one whining post.

Some posts were a little confused. But everyone trusted Emery. Literally everyone.

First of all kudos to Emery for plucking him.

But I think its perfectly reasonable for people to say it looked an odd decision at the time. He hadnt really ripped it up at boro - who he joined for £1m a few months earlier - Our own reject Bidace was doing better.

Thats why Emery is paid the big bucks and long may it continue. But I think people are entitled to discuss the pros and cons of players joining villa.

If you are old enough to remember many questioned Ron Saunders signing peter withe - they thought he was too old.

all part of being on a footy internet forum imo

Dare I day it but he reminds me of a certain Mr Platt who signed from Crewe, I remember standing in the Holte and some geezer said to me, he will never make it. He scored the winner that day and well, the rest they say is history...with a pre season behind him, he will become a very good player for us he's a 100%er.

I suppose Beaky was wanking himself silly at Wembley rather than being at VP to watch Watkins and future England player Rogers.

First of all kudos to Emery for plucking him.

But I think its perfectly reasonable for people to say it looked an odd decision at the time. He hadnt really ripped it up at boro - who he joined for £1m a few months earlier - Our own reject Bidace was doing better.

Thats why Emery is paid the big bucks and long may it continue. But I think people are entitled to discuss the pros and cons of players joining villa.

If you are old enough to remember many questioned Ron Saunders signing peter withe - they thought he was too old.

all part of being on a footy internet forum imo

One for @colavfc to ponder if lines in between can be read.

This may seem a little OTT or optimistic but watching him play, especially when he plays through the middle, he reminds me of Bellingham. Good 2 feet,strong on the ball, can pick a pass, dribble and score.
Remarkable how he's flourished in such a short time

I thought exactly that (Bellingham) while watching the game on my surprisingly good stream.

This may seem a little OTT or optimistic but watching him play, especially when he plays through the middle, he reminds me of Bellingham. Good 2 feet,strong on the ball, can pick a pass, dribble and score.
Remarkable how he's flourished in such a short time
That comparison was discussed at half time by our little bunch. Maybe a bit early to make that judgement but we were all agreed that his performance makes the fee look like the coup of the season.

Looks to be a great signing, A couple of times on Sunday I thought he was Ollie then quickly realised the touch was far too good to have been Ollie.
He's a natural, can't wait to see him and JJ on the same side, just behind Ollie. Power pace and a shot in either foot