Summer Transfer Window 2024 | Page 5 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window 2024

Despite him missing the vital penalty, thank fuck, Andre would be a decent signing
I wouldn't be looking at any of the Lille players, teams like that raise their games to another level against us or a top team. We see it all the time with plucky losers.

Morgan Rogers was a player that played against us and not one of us spotted him, not one of us! Unai did and I'm sure he spotted anyone from Lille as well. It won't be one we've mentioned that's almost for sure.

Look at our side at Arsenal Every one of them looked better than their Arsenal counterpart but in truth, only a few would do that for a season.

Bournemouth will have a few that will shine tomorrow, Solanke being the obvious one but he'd play second fiddle to Ollie I think over a season.

Have to agree, I think John Gregory’s chief transfer strategy was to sign players who played well against us. Lille have very little to offer us.

Andre for example played very well but he’s an average player who is 34 this year. This is a side who brought on a Wolves championship reject (Cavaleiro) in the second half. David is objectively their best and most highly sought after player and was trash.

Have to agree, I think John Gregory’s chief transfer strategy was to sign players who played well against us. Lille have very little to offer us.

Andre for example played very well but he’s an average player who is 34 this year. This is a side who brought on a Wolves championship reject (Cavaleiro) in the second half. David is objectively their best and most highly sought after player and was trash.
My Son had to tell me he was their best player in the first leg, I said who that little dumpy no9 , I was expecting a 6ft 3in powerhouse of a CF. Very shocked as to how poor he was. As you say he's their most sought-after, so the rest are playing out of their skins against us like a championship side on an FA cup run

Didn't realise he was that old

I wouldn't be looking at any of the Lille players, teams like that raise their games to another level against us or a top team. We see it all the time with plucky losers.

Morgan Rogers was a player that played against us and not one of us spotted him, not one of us! Unai did and I'm sure he spotted anyone from Lille as well. It won't be one we've mentioned that's almost for sure.

Look at our side at Arsenal Every one of them looked better than their Arsenal counterpart but in truth, only a few would do that for a season.

Bournemouth will have a few that will shine tomorrow, Solanke being the obvious one but he'd play second fiddle to Ollie I think over a season.
100%, Leny Yoro at 18 is the only one who'd make any sense for us.

I think Pangloss has probably picked out the main target this summer and that's Mikel Moreno at Real Sociedad. 6ft+ CM who has ability with the ball like Dougie and Youri. Zubimendi his midfield partner is another but he is often linked with Bayern and Arsenal, etc.

I know he's listed as a left winger but, I quite like the idea of Justin Kluivert playing as a 10.
He takes up some great positions, makes some really good runs and seems to know when to make space by standing still.
He's impressed me this season, especially as it's his first in the prem after coming from the Seria A with Roma.
He's in his early twenties I do believe, so under Unai and his team plenty of time to improve so that's an added bonus.

Apologies if it has already been mentioned in this thread but not forgetting we already have 2 new incoming players for next summer, Although admittedly young, however a lot is expected from full-back Nedeljkovic.

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Kosta Nedeljković for an undisclosed fee.

The defender joins from Red Star Belgrade and will spend the remainder of the 2023/24 season on loan with the Serbian club.

Aston Villa is pleased to announce the signing of Lino Sousa from Arsenal.

The left-sided defender, who is an England Under-19 international, joins for an undisclosed fee and will immediately link up with Plymouth Argyle on loan for the remainder of the season

Apologies if it has already been mentioned in this thread but not forgetting we already have 2 new incoming players for next summer, Although admittedly young, however a lot is expected from full-back Nedeljkovic.

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Kosta Nedeljković for an undisclosed fee.

The defender joins from Red Star Belgrade and will spend the remainder of the 2023/24 season on loan with the Serbian club.

Aston Villa is pleased to announce the signing of Lino Sousa from Arsenal.

The left-sided defender, who is an England Under-19 international, joins for an undisclosed fee and will immediately link up with Plymouth Argyle on loan for the remainder of the season

I'd imagine Sousa will be off on another loan, he's only got 8 senior league appearances and all of them are from this loan out to a struggling Plymouth side.

Could be similar for Kostas TBH because he doesn't even have 50 career league games.

Plus if we do that they are likely classed under the development budget which is exempt from FFP/PSR.