Summer Transfer Window 2024 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window 2024

Yeah get that but it's not often Fab would deny a rumour either. It's just a bit of a weird tweet. Theirs hundreds of rumours every week and Fab doesn't deny any of them on behalf of any club usually.

I've seen him do it a few times but not often.

I guess he doesn't have much to do between January and June.

This is an odd one. Not often we bother denying transfer stories. Almost makes me feel like there is some interest. Why deny this one but ignore the other 500?

Could simply be because the original story was claiming the deal was done. Could be us telling Fab it's bollocks because we don't want this to put off an actual target we're talking to or the players people not wanting potential suitors to think there's no point coming in for him.

He's an Italian journalist who has made a name for himself by often being the first to break transfer stories of all kinds.

He got virtually all our business over the summer and January right which leads me to believe he is being fed what we're up to and when he can release it by Monchi or someone else at the club.
Not just monchi. He seems to be right with all clubs and all transfers. I can count on one hand how many times he has got it wrong since he became famous.

So, Morgan Sanson has a current loan fee of £1m and an agreed transfer at the end of the season of £5m. Reasonable starter for ten. Who else will bring in some coin, and who will be the biggest shock transfer?

I think we can scrub Jonathon David of any wish lists.
Yes, quite poor over two legs, our backline has done serious damage to their valuation of him. Looks like another Odsonne Eduoard or Florian Balogun.

Now that Lenny Yoro wouldn't be a bad pickup, 18 year old Centre Back, 6'3" and around 70 career appearances.

Yes, quite poor over two legs, our backline has done serious damage to their valuation of him. Looks like another Odsonne Eduoard or Florian Balogun.

Now that Lenny Yoro wouldn't be a bad pickup, 18 year old Centre Back, 6'3" and around 70 career appearances.
The 2 games will have alerted clubs to one or two of their players.

The 2 games will have alerted clubs to one or two of their players.
Yeah they'll defintiely get raided. Diakate is competent young but probably not quite good enough for us. Same for their RB Tiago Santos and Chevelier (22) would be an unreal backup GK but probably too good to be sitting on the bench. That said sometimes GKs can do that in cup games.

Even Bentaleb seemed like the type of CM Unai would have picked up in the past, older and underappreciated but for Unai's Villareal he'd be the type to play for them.

For me and where we're trying to go I would only look at Yoro because for an 18 year old he looked exceptionally good. When he fills out more he'll be a big old unit too.

Pick up him, Mikel Merino, and a better attacker to replace Zaniolo (or a very strong RB or LB) and that's a super summer. It'll be very interesting to see who we look at.

The Brentford game and every other one with Kamara missing and Konsa having to play fullback has bent our defence out of shape.
If Kamara isn’t coming back until halfway through next season, we are going to have to seriously think about a rock solid DM.
Unless, of course, Tim can fill the gap.

One isn't enough for these positions. If we are playing CL and going for the quadruple, we need 22 first team players.