Good Morning Thread | Page 921 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

They use every trick in the book and invent new ones to get information about you Walt, in this digital marketing age your contact details are probably worth more to them than the profit they make on the air fryer!
Funny my local Currys usually say can I have your details to send you a digital receipt...to which I reply no thanks just print it off.....I am then very capabl;e of taking a pic of it and storing it on my computer in case I lose the original...job done!

It's a much different world nowadays in the arena of shopping Walt. Lengthy contracts dominate the market now whether that be for bills or products received. Think about it for a moment. If you buy a blu-ray box set for instance, that's all well & good. A tidy little profit made. However if you're contracted to a streaming service however they're making a lot more money over the long term with crap you don't particularly want or need. Some will say you're better off, i still argue otherwise.

All that info they gather goes into consumer market research which is big money in this day & age.It's only going to get worse.

Funny story here.

I was out shopping for an anniversary gift for the missus. She's particularly fond of dropped or as i prefer to call them jangly ear rings. I was assisted ably by a lovely lady who presented me an assortment of precious stone ear rings. Anyhow i heard a familiar voice from over my shoulder & turned to be greeted by my assistant jeweller. After a few words in greeting he said "I've some good news for you." "We've some new watches in that you may be interested in." I nearly dropped the ear rings on the floor & kindly excused myself to speak to him further.

After a while he presented 2 large boxes each containing a new release. I removed the watch i was currently wearing & placed it on the counter. "May i " he said. "Of course" i replied. He picked it up & examined it closely. "I've always hankered after one of these." "It's a beautiful watch sir." It was a Rolex Hulk.

I tried on the first watch he presented which was the new Omega Seamaster 300 in blue. It's a much better watch than previous releases but i'm still not sold on the bracelets as they don't taper,

The second watch he presented was a Grand Seiko with the most beautiful green dial that i ever did see, I played my best poker face & after trying it on placed it back down on the counter. He was fishing for something to play on but instead i excused myself momentarily & returned the the lovely lady i had been talking to earlier. "Yes sir?" "Could you kindly place the trinkets away." "I've had a change of heart." "I'll buy her a car instead."

Anyhow i digress. I returned to my personal jeweller & asked which watch he preferred. "The Omega sir." "It is a lovely watch" i replied. "I'll tell you what." "You keep it." He looked a little shocked, unsure what to say next. "I'll take this one." I picked up the Grand Seiko & calmy asked "How much?" His face changed from one of sheer shock to one of pleasant surprise. "We'll work something out sir." "Good man." I walked out of the store with the very watch i wanted with a very large discount.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot. What about the missus? What about her? :dev:

Funny story here.

I was out shopping for an anniversary gift for the missus. She's particularly fond of dropped or as i prefer to call them jangly ear rings. I was assisted ably by a lovely lady who presented me an assortment of precious stone ear rings. Anyhow i heard a familiar voice from over my shoulder & turned to be greeted by my assistant jeweller. After a few words in greeting he said "I've some good news for you." "We've some new watches in that you may be interested in." I nearly dropped the ear rings on the floor & kindly excused myself to speak to him further.

After a while he presented 2 large boxes each containing a new release. I removed the watch i was currently wearing & placed it on the counter. "May i " he said. "Of course" i replied. He picked it up & examined it closely. "I've always hankered after one of these." "It's a beautiful watch sir." It was a Rolex Hulk.

I tried on the first watch he presented which was the new Omega Seamaster 300 in blue. It's a much better watch than previous releases but i'm still not sold on the bracelets as they don't taper,

The second watch he presented was a Grand Seiko with the most beautiful green dial that i ever did see, I played my best poker face & after trying it on placed it back down on the counter. He was fishing for something to play on but instead i excused myself momentarily & returned the the lovely lady i had been talking to earlier. "Yes sir?" "Could you kindly place the trinkets away." "I've had a change of heart." "I'll buy her a car instead."

Anyhow i digress. I returned to my personal jeweller & asked which watch he preferred. "The Omega sir." "It is a lovely watch" i replied. "I'll tell you what." "You keep it." He looked a little shocked, unsure what to say next. "I'll take this one." I picked up the Grand Seiko & calmy asked "How much?" His face changed from one of sheer shock to one of pleasant surprise. "We'll work something out sir." "Good man." I walked out of the store with the very watch i wanted with a very large discount.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot. What about the missus? What about her? :dev:
Happy anniversary Steve , or at least I hope it will be. !!!

Yup Happy anniversary SP.
Morning all, looks like Spring has finally come to NI.
Anyways quick update.
I finally played my chums wedding service yesterday, couldn't have went better, just fantastic as the new married couple said to me...
Then last nite we did my other chum's 75th though he put the numbers round the, wrong way to make it his 57th birthday, great night, he got up and did his usual Elvis and forgot his timing and the words, but who cares. But the venue was excellent, it was like a night club downstairs all booths, and lamps and very low lighting, crowd were chuffed with the performance.... And a few contacts for other gigs...
Knackered today.. not up to two gigs a day any more
Ahhh well up to the outlaws to sit inside on the best day of the year so far to listen about welding stories AGAIN. 😭

This is all before the 90m fine already mentioned .​

Southern Water timeline: from privatisation to pollution fines​

Water company has been issued with tens of millions of pounds in fines in the last decade
Sandra Laville
Fri 9 Jul 2021 13.40 BST
2 years old

Southern Water was privatised in 1989. It is ultimately owned by Greensands Holdings Limited, which is owned by a consortium of long-term investors representing infrastructure investment funds, pension funds and private equity firms.
These include UBS Asset Management, JP Morgan Asset Management and Whitehelm Capital, and Hermes Infrastructure funds. Its 2019-20 turnover was £878m and operating profit before interest and tax was £213m.
2008: Shortly after Greensands bought the company, Southern was fined £20.3m by the regulator Ofwat for “systematically manipulating information to conceal its true performance over an extended period of time”.

2013: Southern was fined £200,000 for a raw sewage spill in Kent in 2011 that led to beach closures in Thanet. It appealed against the conviction. An appeal court judge rejected this noting the company’s “persistent record of criminality and offending”.
2015: A £160,000 fine came for discharging raw sewage from East Worthing works into the sea.
2016: The company was fined £2m for discharging raw sewage from Margate wastewater treatment plant in 2012.
2019: Ofwat imposes a £126m penalty for the “shocking” failures at sewage treatment sites in Kent and Hampshire that are the subject of the latest criminal prosecution.

This is all before the 90m fine already mentioned .​

Southern Water timeline: from privatisation to pollution fines​

Water company has been issued with tens of millions of pounds in fines in the last decade
Sandra Laville
Fri 9 Jul 2021 13.40 BST
2 years old

Southern Water was privatised in 1989. It is ultimately owned by Greensands Holdings Limited, which is owned by a consortium of long-term investors representing infrastructure investment funds, pension funds and private equity firms.
These include UBS Asset Management, JP Morgan Asset Management and Whitehelm Capital, and Hermes Infrastructure funds. Its 2019-20 turnover was £878m and operating profit before interest and tax was £213m.
2008: Shortly after Greensands bought the company, Southern was fined £20.3m by the regulator Ofwat for “systematically manipulating information to conceal its true performance over an extended period of time”.

2013: Southern was fined £200,000 for a raw sewage spill in Kent in 2011 that led to beach closures in Thanet. It appealed against the conviction. An appeal court judge rejected this noting the company’s “persistent record of criminality and offending”.
2015: A £160,000 fine came for discharging raw sewage from East Worthing works into the sea.
2016: The company was fined £2m for discharging raw sewage from Margate wastewater treatment plant in 2012.
2019: Ofwat imposes a £126m penalty for the “shocking” failures at sewage treatment sites in Kent and Hampshire that are the subject of the latest criminal prosecution.
That's a damning indictment of SW. I'm genuinely amazed that nobody has brought charges against them.

Yup Happy anniversary SP.
Morning all, looks like Spring has finally come to NI.
Anyways quick update.
I finally played my chums wedding service yesterday, couldn't have went better, just fantastic as the new married couple said to me...
Then last nite we did my other chum's 75th though he put the numbers round the, wrong way to make it his 57th birthday, great night, he got up and did his usual Elvis and forgot his timing and the words, but who cares. But the venue was excellent, it was like a night club downstairs all booths, and lamps and very low lighting, crowd were chuffed with the performance.... And a few contacts for other gigs...
Knackered today.. not up to two gigs a day any more
Ahhh well up to the outlaws to sit inside on the best day of the year so far to listen about welding stories AGAIN. 😭
Well played sir.

Still plenty left in the tank i see.

My mother in law is 80 years of age now & still to this day she strikes the fear of God in me. She's an old school disciplinarian who doesn't suffer fools gladly. Case in point, the neighbour across the street was flipped the bird for showing a little too much interest in our business one sunny afternoon lol. That's another story for another day.

Anyways she turned up the other day, her husband has long passed (i believe she's capable of murder). Geoff, it's why the buns were so important. She has a tongue that could cut you to ribbons, if something isn't to her fancy you'll bloody well hear about it.

The missus piped up, "Best behaviour luv." Me!!! I'm like a deer caught in headlights around her. Genuinely she's the most frightening woman I've ever encountered. She merely tolerates my existence with a passing muttering or two.

Obviously i find this interaction highly amusing. I've no idea what she's really thinking but i imagine much of what she says & does is for effect.

Getting back on track with regards to our anniversary, the missus suggested we put her up for a month or two over the course of the summer. I could've strangled her there & then. Apparently she's keen on the idea. Go figure!

If i'm not around beyond the summer, seek help as i may be incapacitated or decapitated. You have all been given due warning.

What is it with arms …. A few years ago an optician told me there was nothing wrong with my eyes , it was just that my arms were not long enough .

They must have shrunk at some time , I thought , because they were long enough for decades before .

Now the buggers have had another shrinkage episode . …. Unless of course my legs have put on a growth spurt , because it’s becoming a joke to get my socks on … but I’ve come across a genius hack , to get over that problem ……. I don’t wear any .
I’ve stopped wearing socks , ha ! Sorted !

Anyone been to Curry’s recently . I went there yesterday , my wife wanted a new Air Fryer …. happy wife , happy life .

They had the one she wanted , so off I went .

Got to the sales desk , put the box on the counter , and some geek asked me how he could help me !
said I would like to buy this contraption I had just struggled all through the store with , managing to avoid knocking tv’s over , and heaving it up onto the counter because there was no - one on the shop floor to help me .

Geek just looked at me , and said “ can I have your name , address and email “
I looked at him and said “why ?”

He said , for product recall or in case you lose your receipt .

I said …. don’t see the need to give you all that info …., he said I have to , …. I said ‘ what happens if I don’t ? , he said “‘I won’t serve you “ !!!!

So I gave him a false list . It was sort of my details ,,I just made a few spelling mistakes …Made him feel happy .

That can’t be right can it ? Demanding all that info ?
Or am I slipping deeper into Dinasaur Territory? …… fuck knows .

Take care . Look after each other ..

ANOTHER WEEKEND WITHOUT ANY FOOTBALL
It’s driving me bananas .

I will have to make sure I don’t lose the receipt ……. I’ve managed to do things like that for a long time know ,,even with longer legs and shorter arms . :hmmm::taz:
I guess you could have asked him for his name, address and email .... just in case you had a complaint.

My mother in law is 80 years of age now & still to this day she strikes the fear of God in me. She's an old school disciplinarian who doesn't suffer fools gladly. Case in point, the neighbour across the street was flipped the bird for showing a little too much interest in our business one sunny afternoon lol. That's another story for another day.

Anyways she turned up the other day, her husband has long passed (i believe she's capable of murder). Geoff, it's why the buns were so important. She has a tongue that could cut you to ribbons, if something isn't to her fancy you'll bloody well hear about it.

The missus piped up, "Best behaviour luv." Me!!! I'm like a deer caught in headlights around her. Genuinely she's the most frightening woman I've ever encountered. She merely tolerates my existence with a passing muttering or two.

Obviously i find this interaction highly amusing. I've no idea what she's really thinking but i imagine much of what she says & does is for effect.

Getting back on track with regards to our anniversary, the missus suggested we put her up for a month or two over the course of the summer. I could've strangled her there & then. Apparently she's keen on the idea. Go figure!

If i'm not around beyond the summer, seek help as i may be incapacitated or decapitated. You have all been given due warning.
Steve it happened to me some years ago, when the outlaws were getting their house built, ooohhh god I feel your pain chum, and it ain't happened yet. 😥

Afternoon to my appy Yids, hope you are all well, not me am afraid still getting the come downs from being on Atenanol for 19 years.

On Saturday the coming down hit me really badly, Mrs PY rang 111 for help, after all the blah blah etc they sent out an Ambulance, 4th one, Para-medic did her thing, but in the end it was off to the QA AGAIN!, was there for 24hours+ came back out yesterday, Sunday, afternoon.

All the usual box ticking by the Consultants, PM fine, Heart n other things fine, so was sent home.

No matter how much I tried to explain, Hi blood pressure, coming down from being on Atenanol for so long, no explanation from them, Consultants that is.

Oh Yes Mrs PY has her own Blood pressure guage now, so its in use daily for both of us, has to send readings in every 3 weeks, not her its going to be weekly.

Now today, we! after Mrs PY finally got through to our shit surgery and spoke to a South African Doctor who went ape shit about my coming down, as was expected after 19 years, he eventually said I am getting a Doctor out to you this afternoon to look at me being weaned off the Atenanol, he went on to say he was pissed that I hadn't been warned by the QA Consultants, or that I should be weaned off as 19 years is way to long.

Plus am not to ave any visitors as my immune system will be very low plus the fact Mrs PY's will be even lower cos of the grief n worry she is going through.

So its await the Doc and see if there is an end to this never ending story. (y)

Just take it easy PY, that old COVID bugger is still about as my m8 had it just over a week ago, so stay isolated, meds do take time to get into and indeed out of your system.
Unfortunately m8 it's time that's the healer in this one.
Best to you and Mrs PY.
BTW.
I got sent some vids from my' Elvis chums birthday' feck he's so bad he's good, but hey he had a good night 😊
Stay safe folks.

It's a much different world nowadays in the arena of shopping Walt. Lengthy contracts dominate the market now whether that be for bills or products received. Think about it for a moment. If you buy a blu-ray box set for instance, that's all well & good. A tidy little profit made. However if you're contracted to a streaming service however they're making a lot more money over the long term with crap you don't particularly want or need. Some will say you're better off, i still argue otherwise.

All that info they gather goes into consumer market research which is big money in this day & age.It's only going to get worse.
In all types of business, whether it's B2B or B2C, convenience comes at a premium cost - even if at first examination it's not entirely clear. Humans are inherently lazy.

I love being on the ownership end of businesses like that ;)