Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 297 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Luiz and cash and Watkins penalties were top drawer.

The pressure on Watkins after the delay.

The massive amount of pressure on Luiz for the knock out penalty. Huge huge huge..and no keeper is saving that.

And Cash, coming back from injury and criticism from some. Most players would buckle.

Youri sent the keeper the wrong way (thank god) because that was a shit penalty. But I do love Youri.
Youri saw the keeper going I reckon. It was a cool pen.

Wow much respect for the Lille manager. Take note Klopp and arteta
I'd put good money on him rocking up at West Ham.

BTW Man United could do way way worse than him too. Fonseca is absolutely a very capable coach and I think if Unai never showed up we'd have been happy with him when we were linked at various different points in the past. He should definitely get a big money EPL job off the back of those two legs.

Wow much respect for the Lille manager. Take note Klopp and arteta
Don't know much about him apart from the 2 games against Lille but from what I've seen of them he's a class manager. He's our manager in waiting when Unai calls it a day, after winning another champions league trophy

BTW Man United could do way way worse than him too. Fonseca is absolutely a very capable coach and I think if Unai never showed up we'd have been happy with him when we were linked at various different points in the past. He should definitely get a big money EPL job off the back of those two legs.
When there are managers around like him and someone thinks Southgate is a manager, the game has gone mad.

If I was a man u fan I'd be seriously worried about Jim ratcliffe.
He took over the world's most dominant cycling team (team sky) refused to invest and now team ineos are nothing in cycling terms

TBF he invests in younger riders and had made the same noises at Man U (younger players - not cyclists!!!!!)

I've said it all along that Ratcliffe will be a disaster for manure.

He's one of those that installs his mates into key positions rather than employ the best.
What the fuck has Ratcliffe got to do with the conference league. They get enough air time off talk shit and the BBC this is a Villa site.

We definitely made them look better than they were. I didn’t think they were all that after reading the first leg reviews of them. Pretty shocking from them that they couldn’t capitalise on us not being able to make a pass or keep pass the ball out of play. Our worst performance under Unai and they couldn’t beat us. I think they wouldn’t be above mid table in the prem tbh.

We definitely made them look better than they were. I didn’t think they were all that after reading the first leg reviews of them. Pretty shocking from them that they couldn’t capitalise on us not being able to make a pass or keep pass the ball out of play. Our worst performance under Unai and they couldn’t beat us. I think they wouldn’t be above mid table in the prem tbh.
I commented during the match thread it's like when you see weaker teams like Bournemouth struggle to put United away. They didn't have the quality to put us away either. They lacked quality finishing against a world-class keeper. Their superstriker that they thought they'd get 40 or 50m for looks no better than Odsonne Eduoard or Mateta.

They had a good gameplan against a very tired and depleted team and they were highly motivated. We are simply way better than them and have a combination of quality and belief that's gets us results when we don't deserve it.

How many times this season has a goal come for us in the last 10 minutes? Its mad to be on the other side of it now. I am pretty calm going late into some games, I know that we'll get a chance or a mistake will come and at that point its about us having the quality to capitalize. We've shown time and again this season we have it.

To be fair I think both teams played better at Villa Park.