Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 292 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Mmm.
Actually, changed my thinking, it is likely.
We had a number of players on 2 yellows that had they got a third they were banned. Those on 2 yellows are now free of them.

However, Emi did get the 3 before the quarters , albeit the third one in the 90 mins was wiped for the pens. So if they count all three he will be.

But maybe we can appeal the second as he was clearly asking for a ball not gesturing to the crowd.

Yellow cards can’t be appealed. TNT highlight show just said he will miss the first leg of the semi.

The record books will just have villa winning, the dire performance during the game will be forgotten about. 3 games away from lifting a European trophy!

It's the "Semi final" then it's "Emi's final ! "

Emi’s mind games have got us into the semis, so why are some going on about it?
It will probably not get the cards reversed, but the issue is that the referee lost control of the game and did not have a clue and did the alleged time wasting yellow was inconsistent with what the Lille keeper was doing and the waving of imaginary cards by their players which should have been punished but weren’t

Emi’s mind games have got us into the semis, so why are some going on about it?
It will probably not get the cards reversed, but the issue is that the referee lost control of the game and did not have a clue and did the alleged time wasting yellow was inconsistent with what the Lille keeper was doing and the waving of imaginary cards by their players which should have been punished but weren’t
The 'ref' had obviously seen the Barca 'game' earlier this week and decided that he could prove beyond doubt that attempting to plumb as yet unseen depths of incompetence is achievable [and all on global tv]

The 'ref' had obviously seen the Barca 'game' earlier this week and decided that he could prove beyond doubt that attempting to plumb as yet unseen depths of incompetence is achievable [and all on global tv]
Has a goalkeeper ever been booked in the penalty shootout? Has even a player been booked? Why would a referee suddenly decide to use a yellow card - totally inept

We all said the way the ref was handling the game and how fussy he was at the start of the shoot out that he could try to make a name for himself by giving EMI another card…..my God we were almost right….we all thought he was off once he brandished the second yellow! Never seen a ref slow things down and interfere so much in a penalty shoot out in all my life. Ollie must have had a 3/4 minute wait before taking his…..! Early trek back home via Paris Beaulais airport this morning, the win will make it easier! A night to remember….’Douglas Luis allez allez……’ Can’t get that out of my head! UTV!

Mmm.
Actually, changed my thinking, it is likely.
We had a number of players on 2 yellows that had they got a third they were banned. Those on 2 yellows are now free of them.

However, Emi did get the 3 before the quarters , albeit the third one in the 90 mins was wiped for the pens. So if they count all three he will be.

But maybe we can appeal the second as he was clearly asking for a ball not gesturing to the crowd.
I don't think you can appeal a yellow in Europe, same as in Premier League.

Martinez is the best in the world, what a fucking keeper, loved him ssshing the fans as well. Enjoying seeing the French kids breaking down in tears as well. This is what European football is about.
Agreed, what's happened to the kids nowadays, we didn't break down and cry in the 70s, we just looked for a kid who supported Man U, and had quiet word!

Last edited:
Has a goalkeeper ever been booked in the penalty shootout? Has even a player been booked? Why would a referee suddenly decide to use a yellow card - totally inept
Joe Hart once got sent off in an England u21s penalty shootout in the Euros. Can't recall tho if they then used the sub goalie or one of the players had to go in goal for the rest of the shootout?

What did Emi get booked for, he had his back to the ref but my stream cut out and next I saw the ref was arguing with Dougie? lol
Funniest thing I've seen in a long time, Lille fan on camera waving a pretend yellow for the ref to book Emi again, without realising the ball was in open play, but to be fair, the ref f'd up in the first half not spotting the difference between open play and a goal kick.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the first leg against Olympiakos is home or away? Hoping it’s away. Also think this will be only our second semi-final ever in Europe but I stand to be corrected…

Funniest thing I've seen in a long time, Lille fan on camera waving a pretend yellow for the ref to book Emi again, without realising the ball was in open play, but to be fair the ref f'd up in the first half not spotting the difference between open play and a dead ball.
Yep, this is a big problem when he stands with the ball at his feet, he can legally just, like any other player do that all game. It's up to the opposition to challenge him.
Most refs see it as time-wasting which it can't be , then as soon as he takes too long over a goal kick they book him egged on by the crowd.