Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 290 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

From the UEFA published conference league regulations:

1. from the first match in the group stage, players and team officials are suspended for the next competition match after three cautions, which did not result in a red card, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.).

Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals.

I think Townley - Bmail - who’d have thought . Is clearly a buffoon and talking about pre semi final games?.

By my reckoning the quarter final was completed for us when Emi dived to the left on the last pen .:utv:
The Graun are saying he definitely misses the first leg of the semi.

And relax. Unbelievable tension tonight. Pretty dire performance but we won so doubt that many will really care. Now where's my blood pressure tablets?

Bloody hell…I’ve aged 20 years in the past 3 hours. A very ordinary performance but my God none of us could care less once EMI had done the business. Utter carnage again high up in the third tier! Sometimes you just have to see it through and fair play to the lads tonight for keeping going and clawing themselves back into it despite not playing well. As for EMI, I just knew if we got to pens, he’d do it again…the French hate him, we absolutely love him! Got stick whenever he touched the ball but I’m sure that only served to gee him up even more! As for that pathetic ref, bloody hell it was all about him. An absolutely joke especially in the shoot out. Four great pens apart from Leon’s…just couldn’t watch Douggie’s but junior says it was ‘class’! What a night! Villa fans immense all game. Exhausted….up the fucking Villa! :utv: :utv: :utv: :utv:

Such a random collection of players on both teams. Bonucci is on the bench for Fenerbache and they also just brought on Soyuncu. Olympiakos have Joao Carvalho who was at Notts Forest and Omar Richards who randomly left Reading to go to Bayern.

Turkey is a home for players you'd forgotten about or thought had retired. Balotelli tore it up there for a mid table side not long ago and it also wasn't long ago that Falcao, Batefembi Gomis and Enner Valencia were stars there.

To be fair, maybe fans should also take a look at themselves, with the constant ****** gestures, dogs abuse, throwing things, middle fingers, calling them anything under the sun. Doesn't happen in most other sports.

If you dish it out, why shouldn't a player at some point respond?

Fine line I agree and his antics could have been very costly tonight. He is a nutter, but he's our nutter!
Definitely.
And I posted similar straight after the game about their fans dishing it out but not taking it .

Bloody hell…I’ve aged 20 years in the past 3 hours. A very ordinary performance but my God none of us could care less once EMI had done the business. Utter carnage again high up in the third tier! Sometimes you just have to see it through and fair play to the lads tonight for keeping going and clawing themselves back into it despite not playing well. As for EMI, I just knew if we got to pens, he’d do it again…the French hate him, we absolutely love him! Got stick whenever he touched the ball but I’m sure that only served to gee him up even more! As for that pathetic ref, bloody hell it was all about him. An absolutely joke especially in the shoot out. Four great pens apart from Leon’s…just couldn’t watch Douggie’s but junior says it was ‘class’! What a night! Villa fans immense all game. Exhausted….up the fucking Villa! :utv: :utv: :utv: :utv:
Stay safe and good journey home.

It also said this in the article......

"His every touch was jeered from the off by the locals and, already on a booking, he was cautioned again by the referee, Ivan Kruzliak, during the spot-kicks after being warned for gamesmanship – another dollop of shithousery, you could say – but avoided being sent off and leaving Villa in the unprecedented scenario of being without a goalkeeper for the rest of the shootout because cautions are not carried forward into penalties. At the time, nobody seemed too sure. However, he is now suspended for the first leg of the semi-finals."

Full Article...... https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...on-villa-beat-lille-in-controversial-shootout
He got booked in both games for time-wasting. The refs forget that any time is now added on and there were only 4 mins first half, so how is he time-wasting?
The time he spends with the ball at his feet is perfectly legal but I think some refs psychologically think that counts as well , basically because they are all thick