Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 289 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Yeah, fair point Platypus but a booking is a booking and with that bleeding ref, it didn't take much for a yellow card to be waved.
That ref was a maniac, a control freak, I am the star of the show goon .... a recipe for disaster when combined with utter incompetence. How he managed to resist imagining a foul by JD before Matty smashed it home is beyond me.

From the UEFA published conference league regulations:

1. from the first match in the group stage, players and team officials are suspended for the next competition match after three cautions, which did not result in a red card, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.).

Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals.

I think Townley - Bmail - who’d have thought . Is clearly a buffoon and talking about pre semi final games?.

By my reckoning the quarter final was completed for us when Emi dived to the left on the last pen .:utv:

Last edited:
That ref was a maniac, a control freak, I am the star of the show goon .... a recipe for disaster when combined with utter incompetence. How he managed to resist imagining a foul by JD before Matty smashed it home is beyond me.

Staggered he didn't to be honest.

Best ref since the Warsaw game? who sent Ezri off 🤣

I bet if it was Lille's penalty, a ball would have been waiting on the penalty spot, so shithousery all-round for them keeping Ollie waiting.

He didn't let it get to him, though, and he put it away with ease.:clap:

Looking at the olympiakis and fenerbache teams tonight, think I'd prefer the Greeks. Podence and jovetic for them or batsuyai, dzeko, tadic and Fred for fenerbache

The reason for the booking is irrelevant. He got booked and could have cost us. Has potentially cost us as he's out for the first leg of the semi.

Sorry mate, that's where you lose me. Emi is gesticulating ball, I've seen it back now.

He has cost us nothing because the referee was a fucking prick. We may or may not lose him (this is all new to me) but it is in no way his fault, and I will never blame a player when the irrelevance of the booking is key to the whole debate taking place.

From the UEFA published conference league regulations:

1. from the first match in the group stage, players and team officials are suspended for the next competition match after three cautions, which did not result in a red card, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.).

Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals.

I think Townley - Bmail - who’d have thought . Is clearly a buffoon.
Need to add - unless your Martinez/Aston Villa and we will look to roll you - just like we do with VAR and any qualification into the CL

UEFA need to clear this up then because no player should be looking or gesturing in anyway to the crowd.

Been going on years but all of a sudden an incompetent buffoon decides it’s not on.

To be fair, maybe fans should also take a look at themselves, with the constant ****** gestures, dogs abuse, throwing things, middle fingers, calling them anything under the sun. Doesn't happen in most other sports.

If you dish it out, why shouldn't a player at some point respond?

Fine line I agree and his antics could have been very costly tonight. He is a nutter, but he's our nutter!

Looking at the olympiakis and fenerbache teams tonight, think I'd prefer the Greeks. Podence and jovetic for them or batsuyai, dzeko, tadic and Fred for fenerbache
Such a random collection of players on both teams. Bonucci is on the bench for Fenerbache and they also just brought on Soyuncu. Olympiakos have Joao Carvalho who was at Notts Forest and Omar Richards who randomly left Reading to go to Bayern.