Richardson | Vital Football

Richardson

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Champions League
Richardson and Rob Kelly appear to have been sacked by Rotherham.

I am not that surprised as they've had a nightmare time there with 8% win rate, but his record in the Championship for us was wasn't good and Rotherham were struggling badly before they hired him so surely they didn't expect him to keep them up?

I'd have guessed they must have been looking at hiring him for L1 next season, but now they've sacked him it makes even less sense why they hired him in the first place.

A lot of Rotherham fans saying they want Steve Evans back from Stevenage.

A lot of fans at a lot of clubs don't like their managers, but that doesn't mean to say that their dislike is has any bearing other than results haven't gone their way.

The patience of a football fan is often shorter then a very short short thing !
Like I said thought they would have given him a crack at a league one season with his record with us at that level. But Rotherham fans love Evans.

I agree re being given a crack in L1 ... but Rotherham fans must be puddelt if they want you mon.

To be fair in his last run there he got back to back promotions from L2 to the Championship and kept them up before he left a couple of months into the next season after disagreements with the board. So I think he's a bit of a legend there.

It's going to sound horrible but I would have genuine concerns about hiring a man in his sixties with his BMI, into a high pressure environment where success is going to be demanded.
I heard he lives on chips and Irn Bru.
Well according to people on the Under The Cosh podcast

It probably suits him as he lives in the East Midlands

That’s happened so quickly that it looks as though Rotherham and Evans have been talking in the background and once Stevenage couldn’t reach the playoffs, he’s given the green light to Rotherham to make the move.
A bit shit on Richardson but his record at Rotherham was terrible and even though his League 1 record is very good, so is Evans’ and it’s a move that’ll make the Rotherham supporters happy.
That said, I’d hate Steve Evans to ever manage Wigan. I like passion and managers being vocal but him and Raynor are blatant cheats. Every single decision is challenged. It’s a pantomime. I have no idea why referees put up with it and no idea how Maloney ended up with more yellow cards than those two clowns.

Richardson and Rob Kelly appear to have been sacked by Rotherham.

I am not that surprised as they've had a nightmare time there with 8% win rate, but his record in the Championship for us was wasn't good and Rotherham were struggling badly before they hired him so surely they didn't expect him to keep them up?

I'd have guessed they must have been looking at hiring him for L1 next season, but now they've sacked him it makes even less sense why they hired him in the first place.

A lot of Rotherham fans saying they want Steve Evans back from Stevenage.
Steve Evans could do a job for us and get us promoted next season and the football couldnt possibly be any worse.