Arsenal v Aston Villa. Sunday 14th April 16.30 hrs K.O | Page 35 | Vital Football

Arsenal v Aston Villa. Sunday 14th April 16.30 hrs K.O

The biggest stumbling block is simply that we don’t need him. Rogers, Buendia , JJ , Diaby, Bailey will all be around next season and whatever happens from now Zaniolo is behind all of these in the pecking order.
I'd argue we do or someone else like him. Rogers and JJ are the only lads there who have the physicality to impose themselves on the game.

One of the reasons we won yesterday was Zaniolo and Rogers either matching and outmuscling the likes of Ben White and Rice who are 6ft.+

You can't fire long balls to Bailey, Buendia and Diaby and even JJ and hope they fend off their man. You have to work a lot harder to get those lads in the game. Two keys to success yesterday was we were braver at our deep build in the second half and had the physicality when we cleared our lines to make it stick up front.

Watched MOTD and it's funny how Troy Deeney, who spent the majority of his career in the second tier thinks Toney should be above Ollie in the England pecking order but Alan Shearer who is probably the best English striker of the last 30 years thinks Ollie should be on the plane.

I wonder who has the more valid opinion.
Deeney is a mate of Toney, so not really going to give an unbiased opinion on it

I've said many times before that I reckon Unai has some fortune telling ability, he read the stars or whatever and found out he'd be a legend at a villa team so managed villareal and se-villa first, but it's aston villa that will have him in God mode.

He bought moreno when digne was playing well- we thought we didn't need him, then both of them have been covering while the other was injured, almost tagging in and out.
When he got Lenglet in, I'm not sure if Mings was injured at that stage, but we thought we prob didn't need another defender but we've been ravaged.
We were crying out for another striker, unai saw we didn't need one, ollie would be fit all season.

Sent dendonker out on loan even though he was playing minutes here and there, haven't missed him.

Brought in Rodgers- again I was thinking did we need him with Ramsey due back? I am certain that Rodgers is going to score the winner in the final for us. Unai saw this and brought him in.

Say he read it in the tea leaves that we'd lose 1 game in the conference league, we got that out if the way in the first match. On a roll ever since.

And didn't he say that if we're still in the hunt for the TOP 7 by week 33 then we might be in for champions league- foretelling that we'd beat Arsenal in week 33! And opta stat of 70% chance now of champions league!

In Unai we trust cos he can tell the future!
Unai doesn’t just see the future - he makes it happen.

It looked like carnage and I was jealous I was not there. Its what football is about, PASSION. Generations following the same team through good and bad. Not half and half scarves and Sky TV.
Yep,Old Trinity Villan, Grandad Healy was the first plastic Villain back in West Cork early 1900s. Dad followed on and, surprise,surprise, ended up living in Aston. We nippers had a choice of becoming Villa boys or death. My namesake son,John, is a Villa boy as is his son, Henry.Met several Villains with an even longer lineage.

Mom was from Aston and her family mad Villa fans, dad came over from Dublin.
So dad took me and my brother to the Villa!
My Dad grew up in Aston and Erdington - said he remembered his old man dancing on the table in the Stockland pub in a claret and blue suit.
My mum's Dad followed them all his life too. Apparently he was pictured in the Daily Mail with a group of Villa fans at Wembley for the cup final in the 20s.
I'm a ST holder. Seen us lift the title at Highbury and the EC in Rotterdam.
Both my sons are Villa mad.