Not Latics - Wigan-Various Pics | Page 112 | Vital Football

Not Latics - Wigan-Various Pics

Wigan Corpy buses 1970.

View attachment 72542
Liking the photos of these old buses Springy....takes me back to my childhood back home, our local buses were green n cream coloured. I thought it was another world when going into the bus depot ...seeing all the different places that buses went, where I'd never been despite prob only being 10/ 15 miles away....distant places like Falkirk, Broxburn, Stirling & the big city lights of Edinburgh & Glasgow.

Shame this place has gone, don’t get me wrong I’m all in favour of the youth zone but I’m sure they could have put it somewhere else.
That was our school field, but we only played cricket on it, Lads v Masters 5 a sides during Summer term dinner times ….and bits of Field Athletics.
Pretty much all our football and rugby went on at *Robin Park, and occasionally Christopher Park.

*now covered with the retail park, ever expanding Asda, the DW and the Warriors training ground. ….Robin Park was vast !

Sorry, I apologise for a senior moment, despite playing on both grounds I somehow decided Mesnes Cricket Field was Bull Hey which as I should have remembered was and is the home of Wigan Cricket Club.