🏆 MotM & Player Ratings v Newcastle [H-PL] | Page 2 | Vital Football

🏆 MotM & Player Ratings v Newcastle [H-PL]

Who is your man of the match vs Newcastle?

• Vicario

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Pedro Porro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romero

• Van de Ven

• Udogie

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Bentancur

• Bissouma

• Johnson

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Maddison

• Werner

• Son

• Royal

• Hojbjerg

• Sarr

• Kulusevski

• Lo Celso

• Total voters
I’m sorry but having watched that rubbish and even after cooling down I cannot fairly and objectively rate any of them. As for man of the match, your having a laugh! I can normally be very objective but for me each of them kept dragging the rest down to lower levels. Simply appalling and Ange needs to be less stubborn otherwise rather than his way it maybe the proverbial highway. I hope not because I still have high hopes for him and our team but something needs to change.

I’m sorry but having watched that rubbish and even after cooling down I cannot fairly and objectively rate any of them. As for man of the match, your having a laugh! I can normally be very objective but for me each of them kept dragging the rest down to lower levels. Simply appalling and Ange needs to be less stubborn otherwise rather than his way it maybe the proverbial highway. I hope not because I still have high hopes for him and our team but something needs to change.
You can rate the players objectively whilst being angry, 54. Your anger stems from the quality of performance from Ange and the players so your low ratings would be an accurate reflection of that.

Anyway, to spare Ange and the players' blushes, I won't publish the results this week but I'll include them in the seasonal averages and carry them forward to the Arsenal game. Let's hope we don't have to repeat the process next time...

Vicario 5

Beaten hands down for all three Newcastle goals but saved well from Elliot Anderson after the break. A match to forget asap.

Porro 3

A horrendous back-pass from which was directly responsible for Newcastle’s second goal, and his inability to stay wide enough allowed Newcastle to get inside down the flank on numerous occasions. Utterly dreadful.

VDV 3
Booked, and ended up on his backside as Newcastle sent him flying for both of their first-half goals. 2 mistakes in two minutes - game over- Outrun by Isak for the third goal.

Romero 4
Disappeared, made one decent block, but that was about it, the backline that were given a runaround all afternoon, you'd hope as a WC winner he'd stand tall and lead the fightback, but he just got arsey and showed no leadership yet again.

Udogie 3

His positioning for much if not most of the game was a shambles and opened up our left for them to do whatever they like for much of the game

Bentancur 3

Totally outpaced by Gordon in a straight sprint early on and never really recovered. Deserved to be subbed earlier than he was, he is miles off - whatever is going on with his ankle still, it's affecting him badly.

Bissouma 4

Put in a busy effort but to little effect as the rest looked like trees, he too was also replaced before 60 minutes and was probably relieved to be.

Johnson 4

This game could have ended differently if he had converted from Johnson’s excellent cross early on. But it was a sign of things to come as just didn't achieve anything after that.

Maddison 4

He was partly responsible for our over-plying in attack. Poor decision, another who looked out of sorts.

Werner 6
our second-best performer, always an outlet on the left flank and was adventurous with the ball at his feet, but his finishing makes my stomach churn and my eyes roll.

Son 4
waste of space.

Subs:

Royal 3

Just please move him on, he is not good enough in any aspect of his play.

Hojbjerg 5
Amazing how as we falter, he seems to do better than most - why?.

Sarr 3
anonymous, again. Going backwards. Needs rebuilding/resting.

Kulu 6.5
Made some nice runs down the right but was rarely found by his team-mates. More threatening than either Johnson or Son had been. Put in 100% effort but couldn't turn it around on his own.

Lo Celso N/A - he should have been on for Maddison much much sooner.

Ange 3 - his passivity on the touch line is tough to take when we perform like this. Seemed frozen and had no idea what to do next.
The weird thing about Hojbjerg is that when we first bought him , the team were in a sorry state then and he looked good then as well.

I think his performances are stable . It’s the team around him that are variable .

So many players are below the standard they set for themselves at the beginning of the season.

Whether it’s fatigue from the way we play, or the stop-start nature of this season, something is seriously amiss among the players. It’s now beyond worrying that the coaches have not been able to get them out of this malaise for months now.

Bentancour nor Biss can't last more than 60 mins, Sarr looks like a child who's learning the game and shouldn't even get near our U-21's. Bizarrely, the only one not shirking when he's on the pitch and showing some smarts/leadership is Hoj!? There was almost no fight in any of our midfield once we went behind.

Son is better running from deep, instead he, Johnson and Madds just tried to dribble through a brick wall to no avail. Why?

Madds has looked a shadow of himself since his return from a 3 Months forced lay off, so he gets a pass card from me for now.

Also for the love of God please please fix the set piece defending…this should be an easier fix then some other aspects, but we just aren’t doing it. Why? If this carries on, I'll be hawking Romero around the leagues myself, he's looked clueless for too many games now. What's wrong with him and Pedro, they look like they don't even recognise each other?

Game after game of zonal defence at corners is killing us, everyone can see it, but apparently, not Ange nor the coaching staff.

As you can tell, I'm frustrated and grumpy.
Sorry , I’m GRUMPY ……. You can be Frustrated .

Romero walks a game he never runs forward he gets the ball and then slows us down to a trot...oops a trot isoo fast ....then mainly plays two touch with Poro or VDV ,,,,does not inject impetus whatsoever....he thinks he is better then he actually is......a lazy so nd so......no leadership there whatsoever! He does npot lead the defence by any means....sad thing is he is maybe capable of being a leaader.....his mind set is all wrong.........IMO of course

Oh I will not rate the players as it was the most disastrous performance in Ange's reign for many reasons and I just hope it is a 'one of'. never to be....,then it will be a real turning point in burying the SPURSEY label we have carried around our necks for too many years !

Romero walks a game he never runs forward he gets the ball and then slows us down to a trot...oops a trot isoo fast ....then mainly plays two touch with Poro or VDV ,,,,does not inject impetus whatsoever....he thinks he is better then he actually is......a lazy so nd so......no leadership there whatsoever! He does npot lead the defence by any means....sad thing is he is maybe capable of being a leaader.....his mind set is all wrong.........IMO of course
I agree, there is a certain arrogance about him that often detracts from his performance. He's capable of being a very good defender, but is inconsistent whereby I think he tends to be over rated based on what he's clearly capable of, rather than what he actually produces.

You can rate the players objectively whilst being angry, 54. Your anger stems from the quality of performance from Ange and the players so your low ratings would be an accurate reflection of that.

Anyway, to spare Ange and the players' blushes, I won't publish the results this week but I'll include them in the seasonal averages and carry them forward to the Arsenal game. Let's hope we don't have to repeat the process next time...
Gary my man....PRINT and publish it, fcuk sparing blushes.

Though us fans know, me personally, I want to see it written down.

No pressure mate lol!

Hey look at my ratings.... I don't pull any punches

Ok Gary. I’m persuaded! Here we go with no comments leaving the scores to speak for themselves.

Vicario - 5
Pedro Porro - 3
Romero - 3
Van de Ven - 4
Udogie - 4
Bentancur - 3
Bissouma - 3
Johnson - 6
Maddison - 3
Werner - 3
Son - 1

Royal - 3
Hojbjerg - 4
Sarr - 3
Kulusevski - 5
Lo Celso - n/a

Ange - 1
The team - 1

Ok Gary. I’m persuaded! Here we go with no comments leaving the scores to speak for themselves.

Vicario - 5
Pedro Porro - 3
Romero - 3
Van de Ven - 4
Udogie - 4
Bentancur - 3
Bissouma - 3
Johnson - 6
Maddison - 3
Werner - 3
Son - 1

Royal - 3
Hojbjerg - 4
Sarr - 3
Kulusevski - 5
Lo Celso - n/a

Ange - 1
The team - 1
Well done, I believe that in even in adversity, you have to stand tall, face the music and get on with it - even if you grimace as you do it.

The highs mean much less if you haven't suffered the lows.