MATCH THREAD v Newcastle 12-30 kick off 13/4 away | Page 14 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD v Newcastle 12-30 kick off 13/4 away

Yves has to go. He's been awful for the best part of 2 seasons now. I'm not even being harsh here. This is a key area in which we've been failing miserably of late.

Sonny is becoming more of a burden than anything else. The sooner Rich returns the better for all of us.

We need cover for Vic. At this rate if he doesn't have a physical breakdown he'll be having a mental one instead.

Hi folks TBH didn't catch this one, By the look of the result I'm glad. For me this is one where we needed something at least a draw.
But as others have said, our current tactic is being found out.
I fear our defence isn't what we think and our attack as PY said is trying to score the perfect 'tap in' every time.
Our possession leads to nothing (see today's result).
We do have a soft underbelly and we are now getting found out, I think the manager needs to look at other ways of playing and managing, in particular 'away games'.
Some players need to look at their personal contributions and are they just doing enough, but not being brave enough, and indeed we do need a midfield enforcer and for me another Captain.
Not doom and gloom, but we ain't as good as we think, perhaps, we got away with a few results, and trying to out score a 3-0 lead away from home just isn't the answer, the answer is don't concede the first two goals in rapid succession. And with 60 odd % possession at least have more than 2 shots on target.
Out played, out thought, out fought, out shot.
Terrible game and result.

You can tell in Ange's head he still thinks like a Celtic manager. He says things like "we let them have control". So if you're Celtic and you let Hibs or Hearts get control then you know they don't have the right to as you've got superior players. If you're a Spurs manager then that's not the case with 3 or 4 teams who are better, and there are a bunch of others who have equivalent players. Even if yours are better, they'll not be better by that much technically. You have to have superior tactics and all eleven players on the pitch need to be totally up for it.

That being said, there are clearly some personnel issues in amongst the tactical mess. In the first few minutes there was a clear hint that Bents has lost a bunch of pace. Biss is way short of his best, whilst Udogie looks like he could be moved back to an impact sub role. Sonny is very lucky to have a first team shirt in this period, whilst Madds just doesn't want it enough.

Fecking hell...another spanking. If that's what an injury depleted Newcastle team do, imagine a title chasing team(s) might do. I don't put it down to the players alone, it's our suicidal tactics, from a coach who doesn't bother with tactics. He ain't gonna last long IMO. We're just lucky the teams below us are crap as well.

That being said, there are clearly some personnel issues in amongst the tactical mess. In the first few minutes there was a clear hint that Bents has lost a bunch of pace. Biss is way short of his best, whilst Udogie looks like he could be moved back to an impact sub role. Sonny is very lucky to have a first team shirt in this period, whilst Madds just doesn't want it enough.
I've expressed concern before that after two lengthy spells out with serious injury that Bentancur is unlikely to get back to the level he displayed in his early days with us. That increasingly looks to be the case.

Hi folks TBH didn't catch this one, By the look of the result I'm glad. For me this is one where we needed something at least a draw.
But as others have said, our current tactic is being found out.
I fear our defence isn't what we think and our attack as PY said is trying to score the perfect 'tap in' every time.
Our possession leads to nothing (see today's result).
We do have a soft underbelly and we are now getting found out, I think the manager needs to look at other ways of playing and managing, in particular 'away games'.
Some players need to look at their personal contributions and are they just doing enough, but not being brave enough, and indeed we do need a midfield enforcer and for me another Captain.
Not doom and gloom, but we ain't as good as we think, perhaps, we got away with a few results, and trying to out score a 3-0 lead away from home just isn't the answer, the answer is don't concede the first two goals in rapid succession. And with 60 odd % possession at least have more than 2 shots on target.
Out played, out thought, out fought, out shot.
Terrible game and result.
It's not a good day to be a Spurs fan Niall.

Just remember Postecoglou was the only one who would take the job because the Mourinho and conte era had totally naffed us up and we are doing a complete rebuild from top to bottom.
You cannot in any way be blaming Jose and Conte for Ange's teams performances. Get a grip. He has replaced the entire matchday squad. This has nothing to do with previous incumbents.

I was intrigued to find out how many times we've been thumped this season by 4 goals or more. I consider anything more than 2 results like this as poor. We've already had 4.

If we are completely honest

Fulham could have had 4 or more / city could have / Everton absolutely battered us twice just off the top of my head.

You can tell in Ange's head he still thinks like a Celtic manager. He says things like "we let them have control". So if you're Celtic and you let Hibs or Hearts get control then you know they don't have the right to as you've got superior players. If you're a Spurs manager then that's not the case with 3 or 4 teams who are better, and there are a bunch of others who have equivalent players. Even if yours are better, they'll not be better by that much technically. You have to have superior tactics and all eleven players on the pitch need to be totally up for it.

It's almost like he's told a bunch of them they don't have a future and they have though feck it.

But still, it's all on Ange

Why not give minutes to some youngsters?

It's not actually unrealistic we are going to end up the season conceding close to 70 goals if we carry on at the rate we are

That's a complete shambles
I'm not afraid to say that i'm old school when it comes to my approach of building a team. You build a solid foundation from the back & make yourself hard to beat. We're far too easy to roll over. Some will say we've always been that way & of course they'd be spot on... but 2 passes! That's just Spursy.

It is all very well to talk of growth being more important than where we finish, but that's not how fans generally see it. Jam tomorrow is easy to promise but today still has to be managed competently. Momentum is such an important factor and defeats like this can be corrosive. We could see the players turn off the Conte approach when it didn't fit the DNA, how long before they lose faith in Angeball.