Here we go! | Page 1605 | Vital Football

Here we go!

oops is that a nerve I just touched?

we are already under attack by both of em- cyber scams, honey trap stings, fake stamps.

I don't like or want to ever use them but I do rate the deterrent effect. a necessary evil imo
Again though, and I can't stress this enough... It doesn't work.

This isn't a criticism of Starmer, more of the shitty mess he's going to walk into.
Our councils are going bankrupt but we have to keep spending money on a barely functional nuclear deterrent to stop people who aren't going to nuke us from nuking us.

This isn't a criticism of Starmer, more of the shitty mess he's going to walk into.
Our councils are going bankrupt but we have to keep spending money on a barely functional nuclear deterrent to stop people who aren't going to nuke us from nuking us.

If we get rid of our nukes we can kiss goodbye to our place on the UN Security Council & then there goes the arms trade

Why would China want to nuke us? It would mean nuking the West generally, and then there'd be no-one to buy their products.

Regardless of whether we retaliated.

not saying they would but u don't go to a gunfight with a knife.

I don't like it but we need a deterrent.

agree with owd moanz it's about hard power and real politic. it's also about jobs and technological competence.

in an ideal world we wouldn't need to be this strategic. given the absolute cess pit we actually live in...

the only advice I can offer is hold your nose.

not saying they would but u don't go to a gunfight with a knife.

I don't like it but we need a deterrent.
We need someone to invent a device that locks onto an incoming missile and turns it back to wherever it came from, presumably by hacking into its guidance system.

If we get rid of the Nuclear deterrent we also get rid of our permanent seat on the UN security council; a seat that is already an anachronism.

Lose that and the UK loses what little international influence it still has now it has shot itself in the foot with Brexit.

Ordinary people may not think that is particularly important. But just wait until we don't have it and the influence that comes from it anymore.

The USA have never shown an a real interest in a trade deal with the UK (thankfully), and already Badenoch is reduced to using client journalists to trump up absolutely shite micro deals as if they are great.

It's the same as with foreign aid. The public thinks we are giving money away, when it fact we are buying influence. We as a public will never get to know when and where that influence is going to matter, but matter it absolutely does.

On top of that, the nuclear deterrent isn't just about deterring a Nuclear attack as an attack altogether. Russia (or China or USA) knows it would win a war/invasion of the UK but knows it would take serious, destabilising damage doing so

If we get rid of the Nuclear deterrent we also get rid of our permanent seat on the UN security council; a seat that is already an anachronism.

Lose that and the UK loses what little international influence it still has now it has shot itself in the foot with Brexit.

Ordinary people may not think that is particularly important. But just wait until we don't have it and the influence that comes from it anymore.

The USA have never shown an a real interest in a trade deal with the UK (thankfully), and already Badenoch is reduced to using client journalists to trump up absolutely shite micro deals as if they are great.

It's the same as with foreign aid. The public thinks we are giving money away, when it fact we are buying influence. We as a public will never get to know when and where that influence is going to matter, but matter it absolutely does.

On top of that, the nuclear deterrent isn't just about deterring a Nuclear attack as an attack altogether. Russia (or China or USA) knows it would win a war/invasion of the UK but knows it would take serious, destabilising damage doing so

It’s amazing how the Brexit fans consistently skip
Over the fact that the only world leaders who think Brexit is a good idea are the grand ayatollah, Putin, the fat **** in charge of North Korea & the orange fella with little hands.

I assume they just think everyone else is woke as that’s their answer for everything

We can’t get rid of our nukes when the world is as it is at the moment. Politically it would be disastrous from an international viewpoint if nothing else.
I have little faith Labour are anywhere near strong enough to clear up the mess they are inheriting because that’s what it will take. In fact I have little faith in any of the current crop of politicians on any side.

Woo woo

so Liz cabbage compares herself to Mr Clough does she?

do me a favour love- one of you was very successful both on and off the pitch and the other one was a vegetable that caused misery for millions.

whatever next...

"Petrified" 🤣

They are apparently going to leave and take the tax they don't pay with them

The point is they are leaving because of Labour’s even more draconian plans. Labour really is dense . Say goodbye to that tax take.

And the next big revelation - English middle class parents leave private education overwhelming the state sector. Who would have thought it?

Dense, dense dense

The point is they are leaving because of Labour’s even more draconian plans. Labour really is dense . Say goodbye to that tax take.
Erm.... Does someone want to tell him?

And the next big revelation - English middle class parents leave private education overwhelming the state sector. Who would have thought it?

Dense, dense dense
Nice to see you talking about middle class children like your heroes talk about immigrants.

Have you read the article? It’s Labour’s Further draconian plans that is causing them to leave.
Further than what Toms?

The abolition of non-dom status that the Tories have already stolen from Labour policy?

Did you laugh when you were typing that bit about them taking "their tax take with them"?

I laughed when I read it. Good work Toms