Ifollow | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ifollow

Quite apart from that, who's got the time to watch that much football?

I watch Gills once or twice a week, and internationals if they're on, and tournament finals, but quite honestly that's enough for me.

The trouble is, if you say you're a football fan these days, you're expected to have an opinion on the Premier League and the Champions League and whatever Klopp or Mourinho or whoever have done or said this week, and I honestly couldn't care less. That's not a boast or anything, each to their own, I just wouldn't have the time to watch it all, even if I was interested.

I was looking at the Guardian the other day and there was quite a big article about how Lille are in with a good chance of getting fourth spot in the French League. Which would be fair enought if it was in World Soccer or something, but this was in a UK national newspaper that had not one single article on the main page about the "English Football League". Ridiculous.

Which all begs the question of who on earth is going to sign up for this package. Surely there can't be that many lower league fans who are going to be interested in watching other lower league games that their own team's not involved in. Fair play to those who are, but it does look to me like this is predestined to go the way of ITV Digital. Let's hope Brad and Shannon haven't already spent all the money on a new water feature.

Clubs ought to be able to concentrate on optimising and monetising their own service for their own fans, not signing up for schemes like this that benefit nobody other than the likes of Sky, who have been tirelessly fucking up football for over 30 years now.

Clubs ought to be able to concentrate on optimising and monetising their own service for their own fans, not signing up for schemes like this that benefit nobody other than the likes of Sky, who have been tirelessly fucking up football for over 30 years now.
The costs of the service has to be covered, and I doubt GFC would get enough viewers to attract much advertising. I detest Sky and have not had it for many years, but they have driven the "sport" financially, albeit the Premier League gets too big a share

The costs of the service has to be covered, and I doubt GFC would get enough viewers to attract much advertising. I detest Sky and have not had it for many years, but they have driven the "sport" financially, albeit the Premier League gets too big a share
The clubs don't have to do it all by themselves. Services like iFollow allow them to pool their resources but still provide an individual offer for their own fans. It took a very long while to do so, but now it's a very good service in my opinion.

I Imagine if you have a sky sports sub you’ll be covered. Also with Now Tv for the streaming option you can get a day pass to watch a certain match.

Have sky at the moment, but not sky sports. MOTD is enough premier league for me!

Was hoping there might be a cheaper option just for EFL that would work out cheaper than a dozen or so day passes.

Have sky at the moment, but not sky sports. MOTD is enough premier league for me!

Was hoping there might be a cheaper option just for EFL that would work out cheaper than a dozen or so day passes.
It would be good if they did provide that option but I’ve not heard of them doing so. I guess you could ring them to ask?
They sometimes do offers where you can “upgrade” to Sky Sports for less than the usual price.

Having just read through the details i`m less concerned about possible negative connotations.

The new service includes a mandate to provide longer advanced notice of games chosen for live coverage - as those games would likely involve a change in k/off and/or date.

Sky will provide a minimum of two cameras for L2 games. They will also provide their own commentators - so goodbye to BBC Radio Kent crap commentary.

What`s not absolutely clear at the moment, as far as I can see, is how the new scheme will end up costing punters more money - as it surely will !

Games will be broadcast on existing Sky Sports channels or via a Sky Sports streaming destination available on TV and mobile devices

Does that allude to a new, extra subscription medium, to run alongside, additional, to a regular Sky Sports subscription ?

I think it all sounds OK - no change to midweek game availability, International breaks, bank holidays etc.

One thing for sure, i`ll be cancelling my iFollow subscription directly after the Donny game.

Having just read through the details i`m less concerned about possible negative connotations.

The new service includes a mandate to provide longer advanced notice of games chosen for live coverage - as those games would likely involve a change in k/off and/or date.

Sky will provide a minimum of two cameras for L2 games. They will also provide their own commentators - so goodbye to BBC Radio Kent crap commentary.

What`s not absolutely clear at the moment, as far as I can see, is how the new scheme will end up costing punters more money - as it surely will !

Games will be broadcast on existing Sky Sports channels or via a Sky Sports streaming destination available on TV and mobile devices

Does that allude to a new, extra subscription medium, to run alongside, additional, to a regular Sky Sports subscription ?

I think it all sounds OK - no change to midweek game availability, International breaks, bank holidays etc.

One thing for sure, i`ll be cancelling my iFollow subscription directly after the Donny game.
Probably alludes to Now TV:-

“Non-Sky subscribers can stream all the EFL action and get access to all 12 Sky Sports channels, contract-free with a NOW Day or Month Membership.”

Quite apart from that, who's got the time to watch that much football?

I watch Gills once or twice a week, and internationals if they're on, and tournament finals, but quite honestly that's enough for me.

The trouble is, if you say you're a football fan these days, you're expected to have an opinion on the Premier League and the Champions League and whatever Klopp or Mourinho or whoever have done or said this week, and I honestly couldn't care less. That's not a boast or anything, each to their own, I just wouldn't have the time to watch it all, even if I was interested.

I was looking at the Guardian the other day and there was quite a big article about how Lille are in with a good chance of getting fourth spot in the French League. Which would be fair enought if it was in World Soccer or something, but this was in a UK national newspaper that had not one single article on the main page about the "English Football League". Ridiculous.

Which all begs the question of who on earth is going to sign up for this package. Surely there can't be that many lower league fans who are going to be interested in watching other lower league games that their own team's not involved in. Fair play to those who are, but it does look to me like this is predestined to go the way of ITV Digital. Let's hope Brad and Shannon haven't already spent all the money on a new water feature.

I couldn’t give a toss about the premier league

Same here, my wife cancelled the sport and it took me ages to notice!

Now I buy passes to watch the golf/ cricket etc

It's miserable enough watching Gills and England, why the hell would I want to watch any more football involving teams I don't care about?

I can quite easily and calmly watch and enjoy a game between 2 other clubs as a neutral. But I don’t often bother.

I have to be invested when Gills are involved but it’s 100% stress-inducing. A defeat leaves me utterly miserable at least until the next game. A win provides 10 mins of fist-pumping utter euphoria then its just relief from the stress until the next game. And a smile on my dial.

I often wonder why it still affects me so much when I’ve been 10,000 miles removed for 35 years, but I’ve no explanation other than it’s in the blood. It seems to affect me even more now than when I was a regular back when. Bizarre. Maybe that’s just t’internet.

I can quite easily and calmly watch and enjoy a game between 2 other clubs as a neutral. But I don’t often bother.

I have to be invested when Gills are involved but it’s 100% stress-inducing. A defeat leaves me utterly miserable at least until the next game. A win provides 10 mins of fist-pumping utter euphoria then its just relief from the stress until the next game. And a smile on my dial.

I often wonder why it still affects me so much when I’ve been 10,000 miles removed for 35 years, but I’ve no explanation other than it’s in the blood. It seems to affect me even more now than when I was a regular back when. Bizarre. Maybe that’s just t’internet.
Quite simple OSK, it's akin to having to hayfever..... once you've got it, it's hard to get rid of although it is possible to dampen down the symptoms. That is, until the next summer (or season as with GFC) comes along when it flares up again and only subsides when all the games have been played and the league table has been decided. I don't live 10,000 miles away (only 580 odd) but have exactly the same experience as you mate...... let's be open and honest...... we just love our club to bits.

Probably alludes to Now TV:-

“Non-Sky subscribers can stream all the EFL action and get access to all 12 Sky Sports channels, contract-free with a NOW Day or Month Membership.”
Cheers, Lark. I can currently access all the Sky Sports channels via my Virgin TV platform. So, I assume i`ll be able to watch a fair number of EFL games via TV.
Suppose, additionally, i`ll need to take out a NOW subscription as well for any games not shown on TV but streamed via NOW. Ta.

Cheers, Lark. I can currently access all the Sky Sports channels via my Virgin TV platform. So, I assume i`ll be able to watch a fair number of EFL games via TV.
Suppose, additionally, i`ll need to take out a NOW subscription as well for any games not shown on TV but streamed via NOW. Ta.
I think if you have all the Sky Sports channels then you should be good to go. If games are being broadcast simultaneously with a choice of match to view it will probably be along the lines of press the red button then choose the match you want to watch, ie Gills vs whomever.
IFollow is continuing for people abroad so you could use the VPN route and purchase a season pass to cover all the league games that way.