Good Morning Thread | Page 913 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Hi Walt 'n' Co Re your wife's meds, and appointments.
Now, and again, usually on a Wednesday, our surgery closes 'for training' no appointments, vaccination etc on this day.
I can just see the meeting with the 'head doctor'
'you see although we are receptionists we don't actually want to speak to anyone face to face.
What we want to do is look busy answer phones now, and again until 8:45 am, when all the appointments are taken up which you do by phone, then we' ll do repeat prescriptions, the rest of the day most of us, will do on line shopping whilst 1 rotates on the phone for blood test results should any of 'The great unwashed have the cheek to phone us up'.
Used to be you went to the docs, much like the Barbers you sat in a queue with your ailment (on the day you had it) and waited maybe 1/2 an hour to be seen, the doc saw you and diagnose the issue, no ringing up, no receptionist, just you and the doc, what the feck is wrong with that.
My m8 broke his arm abroad, casualty, XRay plaster, just over an hour, now if they can do it abroad why can't we, there is summat wrong with efficiency in our health service.
Much as I appreciate it, it could be much much better.... 🙁

Now, and again, usually on a Wednesday, our surgery closes 'for training' no appointments, vaccination etc on this day.
'you see although we are receptionists we don't actually want to speak to anyone face to face.
What we want to do is look busy answer phones now, and again until 8:45 am, when all the appointments are taken up which you do by phone, then we' ll do repeat prescriptions, the rest of the day most of us, will do on line shopping whilst 1 rotates on the phone for blood test results should any of 'The great unwashed have the cheek to phone us up'.
Used to be you went to the docs, much like the Barbers you sat in a queue with your ailment (on the day you had it) and waited maybe 1/2 an hour to be seen, the doc saw you and diagnose the issue, no ringing up, no receptionist, just you and the doc, what the feck is wrong with that.
My m8 broke his arm abroad, casualty, XRay plaster, just over an hour, now if they can do it abroad why can't we, there is summat wrong with efficiency in our health service.
Haha Niall our Surgery has Training Days on every bloody Wednesday, for what! I ave no bloody idea, maybe what you wrote is closer to the mark than you think.

Opening times everywhere 8am ours 10am, try bloody ringing at that time!

Don't get through until 10.20am, then get some twerp, ex-Berlin Wall Guard/machine answering after pressing every bloody number on your dial pad, who then says you are no40 on the list, really pissed by then, next comes is we cannot connect you please try later, by this time Mrs PY has had her regular hair cut through loss of pulling it out lol!

Now here is a Warning to all you Older Geezers n Lassies...

If you can! Please check on your records that DNR hasn't been put in your Medical Records without your consent, because as you know lately, we have had a few medical dealings, me, but we did find that DNR had been put in our Medical Records without our permission.

Think its been cleared up now! cos the bloody air was blue wiv Mrs PY on her mob tellingbone to our Surgery.

Just an idea but also thought it worth telling/warning you folks out there.

Maybe am thick 80, but are you talking about the same thing as TQ n me?

Yes. You're not thick. I am not clear. The administrators of this world (especially in government) think the more steps/checkpoints that stop flow in a process the better. OR they don't take the time to see the impact those steps/checkpoints have on the flow of people through the medical system.

Effective systems remove those blockages either using technology or relying on staff's common sense.

It's the great experiences you have had in the last few weeks versus the bad ones.

I think most national/regional medical entities are moving toward better service out of financial necessity and the adoption of technology.

It is just taking time to uproot the old methods. Tha is why we are getting such a wide variety of experiences.

Sunny, blue skies, in the South-West of WA and the next few days will see no change. Sounds good? It’s not! The last six months has seen the lowest rainfall on record. I imagine all the dams in the area are rapidly turning to dust bowls. We’re half way through Autumn already and I can’t remember the last time we had anything like a decent shower. As many other parts of the world have discovered, you can have too much sun. The question is, will water restrictions be increased before the rain comes. Really looking forward to winter. Just hope it's a wet one!
Going through the same thing here in Spain. I bought my villa because of the fantastic view of the lake/reservoir which has now shrunk considerably. It got down to 7% of capacity but recent storms have just nudged it up to 20% but not enough though and restrictions are in place.

Yes. You're not thick. I am not clear. The administrators of this world (especially in government) think the more steps/checkpoints that stop flow in a process the better. OR they don't take the time to see the impact those steps/checkpoints have on the flow of people through the medical system.

Effective systems remove those blockages either using technology or relying on staff's common sense.

It's the great experiences you have had in the last few weeks versus the bad ones.

I think most national/regional medical entities are moving toward better service out of financial necessity and the adoption of technology.

It is just taking time to uproot the old methods. Tha is why we are getting such a wide variety of experiences.
Thanks for that 80, after your explanation I am now wiv you lol!

Did anyone see that poor Farmer from Lincolnshire on tv last night, nearly all his bloody farmland under water, and has been since October 2023, yet he doesn't come under the payment scheme to help him out, as the river through his land isn't registered, it is there really, truly, honestly, always has been, Jesus these peops on big bucks who run these things can all do one! they either make you cry or sarcastically larf!

Just another example of what a state this Country is in!

The above is another example of....DREDGE the Bloody RIVERS, simples!

Did anyone see that poor Farmer from Lincolnshire on tv last night, nearly all his bloody farmland under water, and has been since October 2023, yet he doesn't come under the payment scheme to help him out, as the river through his land isn't registered, it is there really, truly, honestly, always has been, Jesus these peops on big bucks who run these things can all do one! they either make you cry or sarcastically larf!

Just another example of what a state this Country is in!

The above is another example of....DREDGE the Bloody RIVERS, simples!
Shows how wet it has been this winter PY, that area has historically been one of the driest areas of England!

Folks there's defo summat wrong with the weather, I remember maybe 20 years ago, you got a big storm in September (an event) then maybe one early December again an event, around February you had about a week of snow and every morning was icy.
Now I think we're on Storm 12 or 13, we rarely see snow or ice.
I tell ya, we used to have cyclists up this road every Thursday, this doesn't happen any more as it's, almost constantly windy /stormy now, 😕

When we lived in Walthamstow , as a lad growing up , our doctor was a great bloke . Used to sit in his front room and wait your turn , sometimes , if you went to see him on a Monday , the queue might stretch to standing in the road , outside his front door .
We all made some good friends standing there or sitting down .

When my Mum went in to see him , he would always open up the drawer on the side of the his desk , get a whiskey bottle out and pour each of them a wee dram , as he called it .
He was a family “friend” in a lot of ways .

He knew me from birth , I was born in the front bedroom of our house , with the help of a midwife , Nurse Brimley ,
I will never forget her , another family “friend” who was constantly on call, and arrived on a push bike at the critical hour , and liaised with the doctor .
She brought all the family into the world , my sister and all my “ cousins “ , knew us all and would call out as she cycled past if we were playing in the road .

Our doctor always called you by your first name , was always interested in how you felt , always had time to listen , and most importantly , always checked your history .

Once his evening surgery was done , he would go off on his home visits,
He also had home visits in the morning as well.

I can remember him coming to see me when I had German Measles and was feeling awful .
Sometimes he would call in the morning and in the evening , depending on how ill you were .

Can you imagine that now .

When we lived in Walthamstow , as a lad growing up , our doctor was a great bloke . Used to sit in his front room and wait your turn , sometimes , if you went to see him on a Monday , the queue might stretch to standing in the road , outside his front door .
We all made some good friends standing there or sitting down .

When my Mum went in to see him , he would always open up the drawer on the side of the his desk , get a whiskey bottle out and pour each of them a wee dram , as he called it .
He was a family “friend” in a lot of ways .

He knew me from birth , I was born in the front bedroom of our house , with the help of a midwife , Nurse Brimley ,
I will never forget her , another family “friend” who was constantly on call, and arrived on a push bike at the critical hour , and liaised with the doctor .
She brought all the family into the world , my sister and all my “ cousins “ , knew us all and would call out as she cycled past if we were playing in the road .

Our doctor always called you by your first name , was always interested in how you felt , always had time to listen , and most importantly , always checked your history .

Once his evening surgery was done , he would go off on his home visits,
He also had home visits in the morning as well.

I can remember him coming to see me when I had German Measles and was feeling awful .
Sometimes he would call in the morning and in the evening , depending on how ill you were .

Can you imagine that now .

You are describing my grandfather (minus the whisky) who had his practice on Clapham Common. He took it over from his father.

Health insurance.

If the NHS is on its knees why then are we still receiving free medical prescriptions?

I agree with the plan of charging £10 to make a face to face appointment with your GP. These 2 measures would relieve the strain & give the NHS the much needed wiggle room it requires in order to sort itself out.

Shows how wet it has been this winter PY, that area has historically been one of the driest areas of England!
Yes he the Farmer went on further to say he inherited the Farm from his Father in 2018, his Father had only been flooded once in some 50+ years, yet he the young Farmer had been flooded twice in 6 years.

If the NHS is on its knees why then are we still receiving free medical prescriptions?

I agree with the plan of charging £10 to make a face to face appointment with your GP. These 2 measures would relieve the strain & give the NHS the much needed wiggle room it requires in order to sort itself out.
You might get Free Medical Prescriptions like they do in Wales n Scotland, but here in England we bloody pay! Grrrr!

Sorry Steve just making a point.