THE LATICS!!!!!! | Page 5 | Vital Football

THE LATICS!!!!!!

This is why I don't understand when people keep saying how good Tickle is - he has a lot to learn yet and makes too many mistakes - no chance of him going to a higher league yet !
Every player whatever position on a football pitch makes mistakes its just that goalkeeping errors are noticed more than outfield players.

9 times out of ten if a keeper fucks up its a goal if a outfield player makes a mistake he has other players to pull him out of the shit.

Just seen the highlights. How on earth was no foul given on the own goal. Hughes was being tugged down/round as he was kicking the ball. Magennis and McManaman do that every single week, and every single week, it's a nailed on foul.

No-one comes out of their second goal smelling of roses - Sze could have been tighter to the crosser, Godo and especially Pearce should have spotted the danger and intercepted the pass, Kerr was probably being leant on, but should have made more of this, and Tickle could maybe have claimed the ball.

In amongst my buffering problems, I was following comments on twitter and the BBC text commentary ... I'm therefore surprised that the first half "air shot" by Kelman wasn't shown in the highlights. From what was written, the goalie (just about) saved a shot from Matt Smith, and the ball went to Kelman who swung his boot and missed ... more of a lowlight than a highlight, but still worth showing surely.

Every player whatever position on a football pitch makes mistakes its just that goalkeeping errors are noticed more than outfield players.

9 times out of ten if a keeper fucks up its a goal if a outfield player makes a mistake he has other players to pull him out of the shit.

You are right Frank that if an outfield player makes a mistake there is usually someone available to cover whereas the keepers mistakes usually result in a goal.

I do, however, think that Tickles starting position was the reason he didn't get to the ball on this occasion. He should have been on his line and moved across towards the back post as the cross came in. Because he was further forward he was caught out by a ball floated over his head and had no chance to recover.

I agree that the ball should have been cut out before the cross came in and that Kerr could have made more effort to clear it at the back post, but my criticism of Tickle is still valid.

I am also concerned, at present, with his distribution and general clearance kicks which have become erratic over the last few games. His main strength when coming in for this season, and one of the reasons he is better than Amos, was the way he used the ball but he seems to have lost that ability in recent games and is constantly hitting the ball out of play.

The annoying thing, for me, is that in the warm up he hits the ball with unerring accuracy.

I think Tickle is an exceptional talent and will no doubt go on to play at a far higher level, but at present he is still learning and not immune to the odd mistake and some valid constructive criticism.

Cheltenham can still get 53 points if they win all five of their remaining games.
It would also require a big swing in goal difference (20).
With this in mind I don't think Maloney will throw caution to the wind, he will play safe and play to keep the point we start with.

We will be mathematically safe if Port Vale lose tonight at P'Boro, that will mean 4 sides can't catch us. A Vale win means them and Cheltenham can still overtake us (Vale on points, Cheltenham on GD), a draw would leave them both able to get 53, but Vale would need a 28 goal swing, while Cheltenham need a 26 goal swing

We will be mathematically safe if Port Vale lose tonight at P'Boro, that will mean 4 sides can't catch us. A Vale win means them and Cheltenham can still overtake us (Vale on points, Cheltenham on GD), a draw would leave them both able to get 53, but Vale would need a 28 goal swing, while Cheltenham need a 26 goal swing
That's about as likely as Frank posting something constructive !

There shouldn't or wouldn't be any need for the 'if they do this or they don't do that' calculations.

If Maloney hadn't introduced this shite he's serving up and the way the squad has been utilised we would be more than safe by now, maybe in the play off spots or at least pushing for them.

No way we should be relying on what other teams beneath us do at this stage of the season.

Fair play to you guys who tuned in to that. Had my fill of watching shite recently so no chance I was gonna tune in to watch it on the tv.

Watched the Real City match instead.. Finished 3 a piece. A superb game with both teams going for it, some fantastic goals and most importantly plenty of entertainment to remain me what football can and shoul

Fair play to you guys who tuned in to that. Had my fill of watching shite recently so no chance I was gonna tune in to watch it on the tv.

Watched the Real City match instead.. Finished 3 a piece. A superb game with both teams going for it, some fantastic goals and most importantly plenty of entertainment to remain me what football can and should be like.

???

We're not.
Correct .. ! We've averaged [ almost ] 1.5 points per game ..

Correct, that would be 4 with Carlisle, Fleetwood and Burton who already can't catch us.
Cheltenham out of the present bottom 4 still can but a 5 game winning streak and a 26 goal turnaround in goal difference along with us losing all three is very unlikely.
However, I have no doubt whatsoever Maloney will still be cautious and try to retain the point we start with on Saturday.

Last edited:
Just watched Peterborough v port vale. Never got a kick Port Vale. Peterborough might not go up but they play foot ball the correct way. Just out score the opposition

Noticed there was a Devon Latics flag behind me in the away end on Tuesday, don't remember ever seeing that before, fair play to those fans, must have had a longer journey than the rest of us coming from Wigan