Maloney | Page 41 | Vital Football

Maloney

It is strange that Morrison seems to have just dropped down the order and I must say that his early performances seemed to show promise and very much in the style of play that Maloney wants.

Perhaps then it is simply that Maloney wants to develop players that have a chance of being on the books next season and Morrison doesn't fit that mould.

I have thought that but then when you see we continue to play a number of the other loans who wont be here and there is a decent possibility that the players keeping him out also wont be here next season it seems less likely.

At this stage of the season when we are pretty much safe and no chance of pushing up the table i'd get it if he dropped out now, but him dropping out back in January when we still had something to play for didn't seem to make much sense.

With us coming out of embargo i'd have hoped we'd try to sign him permanently or maybe get him on another loan. But if there was ever any chance of that happening it looks like we aren't interested judging by how little we've utilised him.

Shaun Maloney has totally refuted the suggestion that Wigan Athletic's results have dipped in recent weeks because some of the players are already 'on the beach'.

He's been reading this Site.

Shaun Maloney has totally refuted the suggestion that Wigan Athletic's results have dipped in recent weeks because some of the players are already 'on the beach'.

He's been reading this Site.

I hope he has. May get a sense of how thoroughly bored shitless we are with his style of football.

Is it true Maloney is out of contract at the end of the season?

Edit. Much to my disappointment I’ve established it runs for another two years.

I'd imagine that after moving away from Christopher Park once, he'd like to do so again ... or upgrade facilities there (if it's possible).

May have dreamt it, but I’m sure the egg chasers were using our training ground the other week. Not quite sure why and to be fair it’s hardly ideal with them cutting it up along with the ground. From a cost aspect I see the benefit of sharing facilities but I’m guessing one would need building first .