Clem post match | Page 2 | Vital Football

Clem post match

Agreed, and tell Mahoney that if he passes backwards, sideways or in any way passes the buck, he will get his ears ripped off (metaphorically speaking of course).

Taking players on, crossing and shooting should be the only things on his mind when we are in possession, although like the rest he does need to keep the shape when we lose possession and look to win the ball back as early as possible.
Couldn’t agree more.

Ex

Personably, I’m still happy for Clemence to be given the chance to mould his own squad and team, but that’s only if he’s given the budget needed to get promoted. If our investment and movement in the transfer market is as crap and tight arse as in the summer and January, our move should be to use any budget we have to get a Martin Allen, Pulis 96 style old school pro pragmatist of a manager to get the best out of what we’ve got or can get and get us promoted by whatever means is necessary.
Are you talking about a Wrexham type budget.
Their current players budget is around £8 million.
Can’t see Brad stumping up for that.

God only knows what budgets are being spent - nobody is transparent about anything.

These guys have an interesting take though:

I know from a very credible source that Gills moved for a striker some of you may have seen very recently, barely 12 months ago, for around 6k a week.
Money is not the issue - getting the right players in has been.

God only knows what budgets are being spent - nobody is transparent about anything.

These guys have an interesting take though:

I know from a very credible source that Gills moved for a striker some of you may have seen very recently, barely 12 months ago, for around 6k a week.
Money is not the issue - getting the right players in has been.
Wrexham accounts were recently published from the National League.
Wage bill of £6.9 million
In the national league ?
Signing Fletcher and McLean and others will have added to that.
They can afford it but most can’t.

I'm not sure the size of the budget was the principal reason for our not being up to it. A combination of bad luck, injuries, poor picks, decline in previously effective players and perhaps an over long pursuit of missed targets did the damage. A better allocation of the same budget may well be enough to transform things

I’m gobsmacked that with Hess on board it never seems to occur to the club that rule one in League 2 is to sign players that can run and run like Duracell bunnies. You use that energy to press and harass opponents so they find it difficult to play.
DJ possibly fits that category, a shame he’s been out injured for so long.

I wouldn’t expect him to, but given we may well be the lowest scorers in our league (and this season a very poor one) for three seasons running, I would have expected a bit more in the summer and January transfer windows than what we got - a Crawley reject, an unfit Charlton offcast not wanted by anyone else, a kid who’s played barely a game or two in England, an injured player and someone who’s barely scored a goal in the league. Not good enough, however you want to position it.

I wouldn’t expect him to, but given we may well be the lowest scorers in our league (and this season a very poor one) for three seasons running, I would have expected a bit more in the summer and January transfer windows than what we got - a Crawley reject, an unfit Charlton offcast not wanted by anyone else, a kid who’s played barely a game or two in England, an injured player and someone who’s barely scored a goal in the league. Not good enough, however you want to position it.
Harsh, but true.

Really amazes me sometimes that 18 months ago we didn’t have the proverbial pot to piss in.
Now we are Billy Big Bollocks and Brad and Shannon need to invest.

Sorry the local community need to invest with season ticket sales and merchandise let alone who ever is performing in the Great Hall.

Come on get a grip on fucking reality we are Gillingham FFs

Really amazes me sometimes that 18 months ago we didn’t have the proverbial pot to piss in.

Sorry the local community need to invest with season ticket sales and merchandise let alone who ever is performing in the Great Hall.

Record season ticket sales, loads of businesses using the advertising options. Local community is stepping up.

Galinsons have invested significantly already. Im sure they will again this summer.

Record season ticket sales, loads of businesses using the advertising options. Local community is stepping up.

Galinsons have invested significantly already. Im sure they will again this summer.
Agreed we all know what has happened in the last 18 months my concern is the attitude and numerous comments on NOT renewing season tickets for next year.

Patience is required, we haven’t delivered on what we all thought would materialise but let’s go again next year

Just heard Mahoney's interview from yesterday.

Mahoney sayin he wants to stay. I wonder what wages he'd be after. I'm 50/50 on him.

In the past 30 years, even with no budget, I don’t think we’ve been in this division for three seasons on the trot (maybe we just did under Hess?), so I don’t think it’s much to ask to make the playoffs when we have a decent backing/budget. With some decent teams going up and out of this division and probably not much coming down/up, I think the owners, manager/coaches, players and us fans need to aim higher next season. No harm in that. Is there?

In the past 30 years, even with no budget, I don’t think we’ve been in this division for three seasons on the trot (maybe we just did under Hess?), so I don’t think it’s much to ask to make the playoffs when we have a decent backing/budget. With some decent teams going up and out of this division and probably not much coming down/up, I think the owners, manager/coaches, players and us fans need to aim higher next season. No harm in that. Is there?
You can aim as high as you like but there is no guarantee you are going to achieve what you aim for.
It's not always failure to miss your targets.

Lowest scorers in the division is a measure of one specific failure. Three times on the trot suggests we have been slow learners. I'd settle for more goals and more fun next season and wager that would bring enough energy and optimism to bring the bigger objective within reach.