Nottingham Forest v Fulham- sponsored by Barbour jackets, Creme Eggs and people who have Pope on "Ignore" | Page 23 | Vital Football

Nottingham Forest v Fulham- sponsored by Barbour jackets, Creme Eggs and people who have Pope on "Ignore"

Didn't realise I could have watched on TNT last night (probably just as well as second half would have got a bit tense!) Was knackered after staying up too late with wine the night before, so used the 'ignore the game' tactic and went to bed at 8.

But not before my phone showed me a FB post of CHO celebrating, with the caption 'What a goal!' I wasn't fooled - plenty of time for Forest to mess it up...

...woke up at midnight and was delighted to see the result. Shame to miss what everyone says is the best first half Forest have produced in years, but I've had the glory years, AEK Athens and Cologne games, so not to worry.

For their goal they ended up with a 3 on 2 at the near post where their 3 players were all in between our two players, and we had 5 players in the 6 yard box.
Its either very badly planned out from the start or no-one has a clue where they are supposed to be.
We had 3 marking 1

Don’t think so and I can’t see him being offered another contract until we know we are safe. I will be annoyed if we don’t though - he has turned out to be worth every penny of his fee and wages.
I’d have him in championship all day

MGW doubles his price tag. At the same time his possible replacement, Reyna, sees his fall yet he has done little wrong. Is there more to this?

You've got to give Elanga the benefit of the doubt. He's clearly a confidence player,and Nuno needs to embrace that and manage him appropriately.

Origi is just awful.
hes played well, holds the ball up wel, rarely gives it away, bit of pace and attracts defenders, works hard andhas managed to get hmself into great places to score and thats always what we want trom attackers. Hasnt whacked the ball 30 yards over the bar but generally placed it a footwide. If he scores the floodgates could open.
I just cant have that as simply awful

It turns out that Wood is worth the money, in the sense that an 11- goal (and counting)- a season- striker would likely cost around the £15M or the £19M or whatever it was that Forest paid for him.

Looking at the highlights, Wood's goal yesterday was actually really brilliant. When following up on his brilliant goal on Saturday against Crystal Palace, Forest have a player who, in addition to being a disrupter, is capable of really skilful play.
it was funny, a few moments before that the ball had kinda got stuck in his feet in the box for a minute and frustrated him, that felt like A Peter Kay moment of just 'have it"

hes played well, holds the ball up wel, rarely gives it away, bit of pace and attracts defenders, works hard andhas managed to get hmself into great places to score and thats always what we want trom attackers. Hasnt whacked the ball 30 yards over the bar but generally placed it a footwide. If he scores the floodgates could open.
I just cant have that as simply awful

Are you referring to Origi?

If we could get Cash back that would be great to have him and Neco for the right side, with Aina and Richards on the left. Sell Toff, and bin Tavares and Montiel
He's played once this season, and not in Olympiacos' squad these last two games.

Richard's will need an about turn of Sunak proportions to make it at NFFC next season.

Shame for the lad, but there's zero chance he'll make the 25 next season.

If we could get Cash back that would be great to have him and Neco for the right side, with Aina and Richards on the left. Sell Toff, and bin Tavares and Montiel
Why would you sell Toff. Rarely injured, not o much wages wise, steady pro with consistent performances and happy to take his squad role. His cross delivery is actually very good and he should be taking some set pieces when playing. Toff is playing a really important role I think, no way are we ready for him to leave if we manage stay up. Definitely not if we go down

Your advocating selling him and giving Richards his place based on what. Has Richards suddenly mutated a new bionic leg with cast iron guarantee

Why would you sell Toff. Rarely injured, not o much wages wise, steady pro with consistent performances and happy to take his squad role. His cross delivery is actually very good and he should be taking some set pieces when playing. Toff is playing a really important role I think, no way are we ready for him to leave if we manage stay up. Definitely not if we go down

Your advocating selling him and giving Richards his place based on what. Has Richards suddenly mutated a new bionic leg with cast iron guarantee
Played 90 this week with an assist

Oly have his ability higher than Ortega. If, and a big If we could get Doughty in on a free then we’ve improved our LB position and a sale of Toff could get us 4-5m

Toff is fine. We need to progress with smart recruitment and Aina and Doughty on frees is smart intelligent recruitment