Nottingham Forest v Fulham- sponsored by Barbour jackets, Creme Eggs and people who have Pope on "Ignore" | Page 21 | Vital Football

Nottingham Forest v Fulham- sponsored by Barbour jackets, Creme Eggs and people who have Pope on "Ignore"

wood has flourished under the new manager - credit where credit is due.

i would flog awoniyi and niakhate in the summer for a start.
It turns out that Wood is worth the money, in the sense that an 11- goal (and counting)- a season- striker would likely cost around the £15M or the £19M or whatever it was that Forest paid for him.

Looking at the highlights, Wood's goal yesterday was actually really brilliant. When following up on his brilliant goal on Saturday against Crystal Palace, Forest have a player who, in addition to being a disrupter, is capable of really skilful play.

Murillo was very strong aerially in his 1v1 duels in open play. It's the set pieces that seem to cause real problems - we can't seem to cope with bodies in the box, get confused, lose markers, and generally leave a free head somewhere.
For their goal they ended up with a 3 on 2 at the near post where their 3 players were all in between our two players, and we had 5 players in the 6 yard box.
Its either very badly planned out from the start or no-one has a clue where they are supposed to be.

Really?
I thought they were both brilliant - especially in open play. I can't remember either of them losing a tackle or being out-maneuvered. Really good distribution from them both as well.
I would love us to keep hold of Murillo - these two 21 year old's could be among the best central defensive partnerships in the epl for years to come

it's the organisation wots whack imo rather than the players.

It turns out that Wood is worth the money, in the sense that an 11- goal (and counting)- a season- striker would likely cost around the £15M or the £19M or whatever it was that Forest paid for him.

Looking at the highlights, Wood's goal yesterday was actually really brilliant. When following up on his brilliant goal on Saturday against Crystal Palace, Forest have a player who, in addition to being a disrupter, is capable of really skilful play.
Plus, having his years of experience and leadership only benefits the team overall.

30 something up front and between the sticks helps, no end.

All teams need a Jordan Henderson type, we have two of 'em in key positions ont park.
Obvs, not saying either has Henderson levels of skill or tekkkkkers, but you get my drift.

Plus, having his years of experience and leadership only benefits the team overall.

30 something up front and between the sticks helps, no end.

All teams need a Jordan Henderson type, we have two of 'em in key positions ont park.
Obvs, not saying either has Henderson levels of skill or tekkkkkers, but you get my drift.

he is yet another player who reminds us that they aren't Lego. it does take time to settle. murillo is probably the only one who has walked in looking like he has done this forever.

I think it was the other parts of your comment: "No Dominguez but plays Danilo - Nuno is an absolute fucking clown. Going down under this fraud"

I was just looking to see whether we are "going down under this fraud". The best odds that anyone can get on Forest to be relegated is 5-2.

Alternatively, looking at the data approach and analysis, Opta (pre- last night's fixtures) had this: https://theanalyst.com/eu/2024/04/who-will-be-relegated-from-the-premier-league-2023-24/

One notable thing: Brentford (who would be at much greater risk from Forest had cheating Toney not moved the ball), thus gaining them 2 points and losing Forest 1, have to play Luton Town, Sheffield United and Everton. So Brentford doing well harms Forest's rivals, and vice versa- there are some good zero- sum games there.

Absolutely he got it bang on and credit to Danilo for a fine display - but as of now it was a bolt from the blue, hardly the norm. Danilo has been awful this season and Dominguez has been sensational, so I won’t apologise for calling that out… and Nuno’s tactics have cost us plenty of times in recent weeks / we’ve all said it, hence why I put it in the first place.

If they keep it up and get another 3 or so wins then great, well done to him, but one good game is all it is so far - Nuno needs them producing that now until the end of the season.

Absolutely he got it bang on and credit to Danilo for a fine display - but as of now it was a bolt from the blue, hardly the norm. Danilo has been awful this season and Dominguez has been sensational, so I won’t apologise for calling that out… and Nuno’s tactics have cost us plenty of times in recent weeks / we’ve all said it, hence why I put it in the first place.

If they keep it up and get another 3 or so wins then great, well done to him, but one good game is all it is so far - Nuno needs them producing that now until the end of the season.

Are you going to apologise to Nuno?

Consistency is what must be aimed for. Expecting that at Spurs may be a bit much but performance at least. This starts with consistency of team selection. Surely that starting eleven deserve another start. CHO had a couple of hefty kicks on ankle so maybe out and Yates must be black and blue but if possible why not.

Three home games, two of which are against midtable teams who like Fulham have little to play for. After Spurs away, Forest have three away games, if Everton get 6 points deducted those games will be against three teams in relegation spots. Good chance to build some momentum, finish on a positive and build for next season. Consistency is key. Selection and performance.

Maybe Sexy Dom has been injured or otherwise indisposed, recently?

Being a little lad, he won't be able to help our defending on set-pieces...saying that, arsenal's backline couldnt do much with the under par coaching (it would appear).

FWIW, i dont care much for his new 'do, in spite of what others have said.