Punting on the Cam vs Walking on the Duggie | Page 10 | Vital Football

Punting on the Cam vs Walking on the Duggie

Said so most of the season and been told that the talent we have in the squad is much better than it is.
Hang on TB....no one TOLD you, it's merely their opinion. I also think the players are better than they've been of late.
Godo- great, good, average & now way off the pace.
Humphreys- on fire, woeful, in fire, average & now looking disinterested
Hughes - man mountain, solid, iffy, iffy n back to hit n miss
Magennis...shit, shit, shittier n now waste of a squad number
Tickle....motm, stunning saves, blooper, now he's very much hit n miss

Now TB, these are only imo & not what I'm telling you..😉

You seem to be under the delusion that I've defended the shit previously. I haven't, I've:
- simply pointed out when we've had decent spells in games where we've also played shit.
- not been judgemental based on one or two incidents.
- apportioned blame to players as well as the manager.

Today's been poor, but it's the players who have defended poorly (bugger all to do with tactics).

All that said, you lads get it off your chest.
It is EVERYTHING to do with tactics, just look at the way Monk has set these men up and what he is getting from them, the problem with us is we have a manager that has shown over a season and half that he is tactically inept.

It is EVERYTHING to do with tactics, just look at the way Monk has set these men up and what he is getting from them, the problem with us is we have a manager that has shown over a season and half that he is tactically inept.
It’s to do with tactics and motivating your players. I’d say Maloney has struggled with both things on quite a few occasions this season and that’s why supporters are getting fed up. I’ve got no doubt he’ll still be in charge next season but if we carry on putting in performances like today then something will have to change.

Tactics don't make players mis-place passes ... or make wrong decisions ... or not track attackers ... or not make silly tackles ... or not put in decent challenges ... or miss penalties ... or fall over each others' feet ... or, well, you get the picture.

If he's tactically inept, how come we do well against the top teams?

It's getting harder by the week to defend SM...you cannot go through games just turning up for the odd 10 mins here n 20 mins there. Yes he's got credit in the bank for what he did when we nearly went bump, the 2 mighty wins against Bolton & the occasional display, but these are tempered by displays like today & Friday not to mention the countless other woeful display....add to that the bizzaee changes, team selections & the continued faith shown in the donkey known as Magennis...

I tell you what, Maloney is having a nightmare, some absolute shockers in his decisions, week in week out, he is as overrated as half the academy players. Though I don't think people actually rate him as a manager. Tinkers for the heck of it and always either gets it horribly wrong and has to make wholesale changes at half time, or makes changes at halftime that goes against us. I can't see him lasting to the end of next season if MD actually has ambition for us atm.

Hang on TB....no one TOLD you, it's merely their opinion. I also think the players are better than they've been of late.
Godo- great, good, average & now way off the pace.
Humphreys- on fire, woeful, in fire, average & now looking disinterested
Hughes - man mountain, solid, iffy, iffy n back to hit n miss
Magennis...shit, shit, shittier n now waste of a squad number
Tickle....motm, stunning saves, blooper, now he's very much hit n miss

Now TB, these are only imo & not what I'm telling you..😉

Sorry Jock, but I have been told in conversation and by posters on this site that the players are better than what we see.

If you think differently then so be it but I stand by my opinion that they are precisely what the table shows them to be, average mid table players.

You can keep deluding yourself if you want SCM, but in my opinion these players would not be capable of anything more than what we see week in week out. Cambridge are the poorest team I have seen for many a season but are playing basic football with a low block, or what most would call parking the bus, and we don't have the ability, talent or nouse to break them down.
You have had a career on here posting dilutional rubbish, there is talent in this squad that needs someone to bring it out and play to it's strengths, as for Cambridge, they may be poor but have played to their strengths which is a compliment to a manager who knows how to get a tune out of an old fiddle unlike ours.

Tactics don't make players mis-place passes ... or make wrong decisions ... or not track attackers ... or not make silly tackles ... or not put in decent challenges ... or miss penalties ... or fall over each others' feet ... or, well, you get the picture.

If he's tactically inept, how come we do well against the top teams?

I'm sure a proper bollocking for the lack of tracking back, a mouthful for not putting in a decent tackle & a verbal dressing down for constant wrong decisions from SM should at least cut some of them out...
I get the feeling he's toooooo nice in the dressing room

It's getting harder by the week to defend SM...you cannot go through games just turning up for the odd 10 mins here n 20 mins there. Yes he's got credit in the bank for what he did when we nearly went bump, the 2 mighty wins against Bolton & the occasional display, but these are tempered by displays like today & Friday not to mention the countless other woeful display....add to that the bizzaee changes, team selections & the continued faith shown in the donkey known as Magennis...
Now that is generally a very good post. Given what he said about today's team selection (based on effort and attitude - that's my interpretation, not his exact words) he's got to be disappointed with that first half.

I'm not so sure he has "faith" in Magennis ... just very few other options.