Player of the season. | Vital Football

Player of the season.

PWould

Vital 1st Team Regular
So many contenders. The standouts being Jensen, Sorensen and Erhahon. Then add Jackson , Mitchell and Roughan to the mix. Hackett and Hamilton as well would have been a good shout if they had played more games. It is a close run thing between the top three for me. Both our great Danes have simply been that. However Ethan Erhahon gets my vote. Imperious in midfield and sets the tone and tempo for the whole team. In another year, Lucas and Lasse would be worthy winners.

That there are so many contenders for performances over a full season, backed up by some players who have performed admirably but won't win because they haven't played a full season for various reasons, shows what a positive campaign it has developed into.

I wouldn't disagree with PWould's top three, a case can be made for one or two others and it is great that a cross section of positions are in the frame, although the strikers have possibly left it a little too late in the day.

Jackson instead of Lasse in the top 3 for me. Jacko has been a consistent performer where Lasse has had a few periods where he's been off it a bit.
But still a long way to go, injuries have discounted a couple of players. maybe there is still time for someone to have that big moment to nail the title... Jenson having the last touch of the season as he saves a penalty in a shootout will do :)

For me Hackett shades it if he can stay fit until the end of the season.

The points per game when Hackett is playing must be hugely different to without him. This shows his importance to the team.

There are 4 or 5 others that also have had excellent season, but nobody I feel makes the difference in the same way Reeco does.

A class player

Erhahon has actually looked better without Hamilton & McGrandles lately … as close to Rodri as you can possibly get in the 3rd Tier.

Lasse has been superb all season, along with Jacko … but let’s see what happens in the remaining games before deciding.

Lasse Sørensen for me - get the lad a new contract drawn up! -
Yup, been the most consistent player all year for me. Even when we were gash at the start of the season, he was the standout player. Erhahon has been great since Skubala came in but it felt like he had regressed until then.

Jackson instead of Lasse in the top 3 for me. Jacko has been a consistent performer where Lasse has had a few periods where he's been off it a bit.
But still a long way to go, injuries have discounted a couple of players. maybe there is still time for someone to have that big moment to nail the title... Jenson having the last touch of the season as he saves a penalty in a shootout will do :)
I don’t have the figures in front of me but you’re comparing someone with 40+ starts with someone with 25

As a kind of guide, here are the top ten from the VLC ratings to date - remember that we apply a weighting at the end of the season to cater for number of games played:

Adam Jackson 6.87
Reeco Hackett 6.84
Ethan Erhahon 6.83
Alex Mitchell 6.80
Sean Roughan 6.72
Lasse Sorensen 6.68
Lukas Jensen 6.65
Paudie O'Connor 6.59
Ethan Hamilton 6.58
TJ Eyoma 6.44

These will be adjusted downwards:
Jack Moylan 7.40
Conor McGrandles 7.28
Joe Taylor 6.85
Ben House 6.66

Too early to say but at this stage obviously I know, well we all know who is in the mix.

Must be between Erhahon, Sorensen, Jackson and Roughan for me.

Last edited:
player of the season between jensen, sorensen and erhahon.
player of the second half of the season would be much more difficult.

If Joe Taylor carries on scoring at the rate of the last 2 games I’ll happily vote him player of the season!

Close between Erhahon and Sorensen. I think Lasse will win the popular vote as his lung-busting runs up the wing are a lot more exciting and noticeable than Erhahon's quiet assuredness in the centre of the park.