Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 30 Mar - 5.30pm | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 30 Mar - 5.30pm

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
Bored of this eternal international break, so want to look forward to the derby on Saturday teatime.

We have a shocking record against these since promotion, having only won only 1 (ONE!) of the last 9 Premier League matches. Unbelievable Jeff!

This HAS to change on Saturday and I fully expect us to win this.

By the way, Paul Tierney will be the incompetent referee for this one :shake:

Have to match or better Spuds result against Luton. Yanited playing Brentford away, so two possible banana skins in the making.

Take care of things in our own control and win FFS. Feel a bit sorry for Unai cos of all the reshuffling he's had to do, but this one is MUST WIN :utv:

Will miss SJM again.

Please don't play Konsa at RB if Cash is available.

Play Digne LB.

Don't be fooled by Mr Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh scoring a toe poke. He isn't deserving of a start because of it.

Still gets dark early enough to consider this a game under the lights with the old place rocking and looking magnificent under said lights.

HUGE
HUGE
HUGE

GULP.

Cash injured for Poland and no idea on Ramsey. If both out I'd go:
Martinez
Konsa Carlos Torres Digne
Luiz Tim/Youri
Bailey Zaniolo Diaby
Watkins

Need to win this. Play that team and not inexperienced players who don't look up to it yet and I think we will.

I think our team picks itself, can we beat wolves why yes, wolves are so hot and cold. Its a 5.30 KO and i think we're in for a classic, there will be goals for sure. 4-3 to Villa...

I think our team picks itself, can we beat wolves why yes, wolves are so hot and cold. Its a 5.30 KO and i think we're in for a classic, there will be goals for sure. 4-3 to Villa...
Wolves are a classic counter-attacking side, as likely to battered them as we are to struggle or worse, lose 1-0.

I've a good feeling about the game which is always a concern. Neto is missing is pretty huge. I think we're due a win, 6 times we've failed to beat them now. About time Unai changed it.

Definitely overdue a win against the Dingles, the 4-1 battering under Bruce was the last time we beat them at VP.
I'm hoping we start on the front foot and get at them early, none of this walking football bollox that we sometimes fall into when teams sit deep against us. With a 5:30 kick off plenty of people will have been on the pop all day, so it could be a tasty atmosphere if the team can give them something to get excited about.
Neto will be a huge loss for them, he usually looks their most dangerous player.

Definitely overdue a win against the Dingles, the 4-1 battering under Bruce was the last time we beat them at VP.
I'm hoping we start on the front foot and get at them early, none of this walking football bollox that we sometimes fall into when teams sit deep against us. With a 5:30 kick off plenty of people will have been on the pop all day, so it could be a tasty atmosphere if the team can give them something to get excited about.
Neto will be a huge loss for them, he usually looks their most dangerous player.

I believe that was also a 5:30 Saturday evening kick-off, and right up there with the best results we had in the Championship.

Something similar would be nice with City just a few days later.

Ideally -

Emi
Cash
Konsa
Pau
Digne
Luiz
Tielemens
Diaby
Ramsey
Bailey
Watkins

But with injuries we could see Konsa RB and Lenglet/Carlos back in defence and also Rogers for Ramsey.

Looks strong enough to beat the dog heads either way.

This is a big game. I'm going as far as to say a must win if we want top 4.

Rogers, Teilemens, Zaniolo all getting recent goals in different formats. Add Ramsey returning and it’s definitely a nice problem for Emery. Teilemens should be ripe to have a decent game against a defensive Wolves team - hopefully he can get some consistency in the remaining games.

Rogers, Teilemens, Zaniolo all getting recent goals in different formats. Add Ramsey returning and it’s definitely a nice problem for Emery. Teilemens should be ripe to have a decent game against a defensive Wolves team - hopefully he can get some consistency in the remaining games.
Wolves MO is to break at pace and run with the ball.

I see this as Villa controlling the tempo, creating lots of chances and them hitting us on the break aka Forest away. We'll miss McGinn in this one for sure and I'm not sure Tielemans in midfield is the right player for this game. Possibly go with Tim, play Tielemans further forward and have one of Bailey or Diaby.

Wolves MO is to break at pace and run with the ball.

I see this as Villa controlling the tempo, creating lots of chances and them hitting us on the break aka Forest away. We'll miss McGinn in this one for sure and I'm not sure Tielemans in midfield is the right player for this game. Possibly go with Tim, play Tielemans further forward and have one of Bailey or Diaby.
I’d be playing Tielemans exactly where he played for Belgium and asking him to repeat his goal scoring exploits

Is Ramsey returning something you have read, or just a part of a wish list?