Good Morning Thread | Page 891 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Same here in Devon SP!
The main carriageway from Holywood was closed by the police meaning complete & utter bedlam with motorists having to take the coastal route. Niall will know it well. As if that wasn't bad enough the heavens opened up again & everything pretty much came to a standstill. This has been one of the worst days i've encountered in living memory & it would seem to be country wide.

The influencers are all over the net advising us to have more kids. In the meantime there's far too many people to navigate through life as it is. Queues, long waiting times, no parking spaces & to compound matters even further a generation of people with a sense of self entitlement that is truly staggering. Cost of living crisis, no housing, no infrastructure & better still, no leadership. You know what i say. The influencers can all go to hell.
Absolutely, Steve. There are far too many people on the planet. The greater the population, the greater the problems. In the past this has been resolved by wars or plagues. We need to figure out the optimum population that is globally sustainable and stick to it. Everybody can see it, but nobody wants to deal with it.

Absolutely, Steve. There are far too many people on the planet. The greater the population, the greater the problems. In the past this has been resolved by wars or plagues. We need to figure out the optimum population that is globally sustainable and stick to it. Everybody can see it, but nobody wants to deal with it.
It's absolutely sinful when there are so many children in care homes anyway. What planet are these people actually living on? They certainly aren't inhabiting the same one as mine.

It was recently reported that the UK needs the birth rate to be 2.2 to maintain our population but it is currently about 1.7 I think. The thing is our population is still increasing at an unsustainable rate due to mass immigration, both legal and illegal. I don't see how encouraging an increase in birth rate is going to help unless immigration is controlled. It's somewhat ironic that birth rate seems to be way above what is sustainable in the areas of the world where there is poverty and famine. Are people just stupid?

It was recently reported that the UK needs the birth rate to be 2.2 to maintain our population but it is currently about 1.7 I think. The thing is our population is still increasing at an unsustainable rate due to mass immigration, both legal and illegal. I don't see how encouraging an increase in birth rate is going to help unless immigration is controlled. It's somewhat ironic that birth rate seems to be way above what is sustainable in the areas of the world where there is poverty and famine. Are people just stupid?
Low education & no birth control.

I can see Putin addressing that, I wouldn't put it past the mad prick trying to pin the blame for the IS attack in Moscow on Ukraine in order to justify the use of tactical nuclear weapons or worse. The world can't stand by and watch if that happens.

The main carriageway from Holywood was closed by the police meaning complete & utter bedlam with motorists having to take the coastal route. Niall will know it well. As if that wasn't bad enough the heavens opened up again & everything pretty much came to a standstill. This has been one of the worst days i've encountered in living memory & it would seem to be country wide.
Hi Steve,
Know the area well My Mrs worked in Holywood for quite a few years, and I have a lot of old school chums from there.
It's like, going back to the troubles, the times, I've spent on the Sydenham by pass over an hour to get into Holywood, because of road stops.

Hi Steve,
Know the area well My Mrs worked in Holywood for quite a few years, and I have a lot of old school chums from there.
It's like, going back to the troubles, the times, I've spent on the Sydenham by pass over an hour to get into Holywood, because of road stops.
It's a lovely place to live but my goodness when the weather strikes it's other worldly.

I feel your pain. A 15 minute journey turned into a 90 minute exodus.

Morning all you Erberts, nah! fellow Yids n Oppo's.

Nout can keep me away, your fave Vet is back but hey! never been scared in my life, but jeez I was scared!
But you cannot keep a good geezer down, there is still a lot of battle/life in me yet.

Who ever said peops do not care have obviously not read this forum/thread, thanks to you all for caring, we is kin, ave some of that!

Right general rundown follows

On the Sunday 03/03/24 as you all know I went to A&E after feinting, lack of blood to the brain.
Had an appointment at QA Hospital on the following Wednesday 06/03/24, but whilst waiting for my Daughter to take me there I had another bunch of strange feelings occur.

Mrs PY rang 999, out came a Fire Brigade Para-Medic 1st, great geezer, did all things required, then Ambulance Service turned up, bloody house full, all the things done again, told em I had an appointment, they then told my Daughter to take me straight to the appointment on D level, which she did!

Got to D level, next couple of hours test after bloody test, then to wait to see a Cardio geezer, whom I saw about 6pm nearly 8 hours in D level waiting bed, he said you ain't going home and was sent to C level, Cardio unit, 4 bed ward, was there until Tuesday19/03/24.

Saw a Cardio Consultant, did not like her one bit, no patient awareness, 3 days later, went through all this heart stuff wiv me, me open mouthed, rare thing I know lol! didn't understand all her jargon, so asked if she new what an SLR or GPMG was, no she said so I said to her ditto.

Then another CC arrived, excellent, who explained it looks like I need a Pace Maker, me now understood, so then I waited, bored shitless until the 19/03/24.
Then at 3.45pm was taken to have a PM fitted, took about 15mins, mind the pre prep and finish up took about 45mins.

So back to the C level ward by 4.55, then late later around 7ish moved again to the outpatient Cardio section, rested, then X-Ray at 11.15 that evening, tried to kip, though I hadn't slept for about 15 nights, to worried about Mrs PY, but give her her dues, same for all her Carer's and Ex Carer's she coped, very well, bless her.

Next morning 20/03/24 had a final check by a Physio, who put a thingy on my PM, when asked she said I am talking to you PM, ummm! technical stuff lol!
She also explained how I am to behave over next 6 weeks etc, ring a number to get this piece of kit to put by my bedside that will send info to them regards my PM for the rest of my life, great stuff.

Given the AOK and thumbs up to go home at 9am.

I final left the QA yesterday at 4pm, 7 hours waiting for my prescription, which had only 2 changes from my original, bloody Pharmacy.

But have got to say whilst in there I had a bloody good crack wiv all the nurses, ancillary staff, so a very well done to them, mind the food was crap lol!

I hope I have explained my shenanigans to all who were concerned/worried.

Plus any of you who might be experienced with PM's, have you any advice for me.

I have now got a whole lot of bloody catching up n reading to do, wish me luck lol!

Thanks again to everyone of you.
A warm welcome back Pompey.

I would imagine that for closed relationships / groups , it would work well.

The problem lies in keeping it ‘closed ‘ .

I hate the thought of having any part of my life on the open web .

We were our recently , watching a group , with friends , and had a great night .

We were told later that it was unusual for us to be in a pub so far from home .
It turned out that we had been filmed , as part of the audience enjoying themselves , and the person who video’d the evening put it on Facebook .We have no idea who it was , a total stranger , just randomly filming .

Friends who knew of my aversion to unsocial Media thought it hilarious .

Any how , do you truly think “football people “ read our pages , Mutters ?
That would be awesome .
Brian Woolnough was a great sports journalist .

Must admit, the filming thing is interesting. Probably like Niall I am now used to playing a gig and appearing on YouTube or social media. The band members or Open Mic organisers hang Go Pro's from the ceiling and film the entire thing. Then you have people with their phones. I've got used to it over time.

TQ nailed one of the big problems with social media though. That's advertising, allowing paying companies to bombard your newsfeed with paid ads. Yes, it's why we get a free platform to use but it is totally invasive. Facebook don't show you posts made by friends and family but they send you loads of crap all day, every day. It was why I was going to leave it.

And yes, I do think football people drop by to read our forum. I also think Google searches might lead them to us at times.

Morning all,
Re all this, social media stuff, I am on face book, I don't really post, much like Mutters it's to see gigs and if our gig has been listed, as there's nowt worse than playing to an empty pub because some numpty forgot to advertise.
As Walt said there is a list of people there I've never heard of wanting to be friends (no thanks), I can't be, arsed with half the friends I do have.
I recently posted a comment on U Tube, re a song by Vince Gill only to have' Vince 'Reply don't think it was him as on close inspection the Web name wasn't right, there, are some sad wan#ers, with empty lives out there.
So like many I just stick to this, and a very close What app group.
Any ways, now practicing for a Wedding Ceremony next month, an old Chum is getting married and wants us to do the music at the ceremony, as it happeneds of course the 6 songs he wants arent on our gig list, so that'll be a few day work learning those.
Unfortunately that very same evening we're doing a 75th Birthday for another chum, he used to be an Elvis impersonator, fek he was crap, but great craic, so we've 5 songs to do with him, They'll certainly be glad Elvis is dead after they hear him, and we'll be lucky to get away with 5 songs, he one of those once you get him up you can't get him back down.
Anyways keeps me busy.
Currently looking at ways to improve my Glaucoma chances, vitimins, supplements etc..
Stay safe folks.

So what are the 6 new songs?

Afternoon to my fellow Yids, hope all is well, well as best as can be expected.

The wevver round these ere parts is, it cannot make its bloody mind up, Yellow thingy, Clouds, Rain, a bit of Hail, Snow next I think lol!

Thanks for your welcome back Gary...COYS

In answer to your post of yesterday TQ, yes I did watch Sarries V Quinns at our Stadium, 62K capacity, excellent.

As for the game Sarries laid down a marker, we are after our title again! rest of you watch out lol!

What a game played by them, Sarries, poor old Quinns, who I do like, just didn't ave an answer, I think they made the mistake of trying to match Sarries muscle wise, it just didn't work, thus a 50+ high scoring game.

Mr Farrel got the all time record of 1 player scoring most points for 1 team, (y)for him, he is off to France for the bigger bucks next season, think he will be sorely missed.

I did watch the England game, must ave been bored lol! for me its still very much under Southcrap a huge mmmmm!

Afternoon to my fellow Yids, hope all is well, well as best as can be expected.

The wevver round these ere parts is, it cannot make its bloody mind up, Yellow thingy, Clouds, Rain, a bit of Hail, Snow next I think lol!

Thanks for your welcome back Gary...COYS

In answer to your post of yesterday TQ, yes I did watch Sarries V Quinns at our Stadium, 62K capacity, excellent.

As for the game Sarries laid down a marker, we are after our title again! rest of you watch out lol!

What a game played by them, Sarries, poor old Quinns, who I do like, just didn't ave an answer, I think they made the mistake of trying to match Sarries muscle wise, it just didn't work, thus a 50+ high scoring game.

Mr Farrel got the all time record of 1 player scoring most points for 1 team, (y)for him, he is off to France for the bigger bucks next season, think he will be sorely missed.

I did watch the England game, must ave been bored lol! for me its still very much under Southcrap a huge mmmmm!

But forget all that minor detail, what was the match day revenues for the rugby? We need a central midfielder.

:LOL:

So what are the 6 new songs?
Hi Mutters
Lovey Dovey stuff, only 1 song I like in the batch which makes, em difficult to learn, as I virtually listen on repeat to get the song in my head.
1/ This I promise you (Ronan Fekin Keating)
2/ Kiss From a Rose (seal) 👍 nice run of chords
3/Have I told you Lately (Rod Stewart)
4/Can You feel the (fekin) Love tonite (Elton John)
5/If Tomorrow Never comes (Garth Brooks) played out.
6/ All of Me (John Legend)
They're just not songs, I usually listen to or particularly like.
However soldier on.. 😒🎶