The Premier League 2023-24 Thread | Page 87 | Vital Football

The Premier League 2023-24 Thread

actually hadnt added in them with a further penalty

I have some Everton mates and not too bothered about them staying up despite years of getting away with it. Just growing to dislike Brentford a lot

As long as we finish above Luton it doesn’t matter about Everton. They either get another deduction or they don’t.

Wilson needs to get out there and start lining up the sales of Hwang, Bowler, O’Brien, Dennis and Worrall, as well as Turner and/or Vach.

Injuries to both Wood and Awoniyi looks worrying. Origi looks as if he can’t play more than an hour. Chance for Onsong. Unlikely to buy a striker in present financial climate. Taylor likely to be third string striker next year. Chance for Onsong to show potential.

Wilson needs to get out there and start lining up the sales of Hwang, Bowler, O’Brien, Dennis and Worrall, as well as Turner and/or Vach.

Injuries to both Wood and Awoniyi looks worrying. Origi looks as if he can’t play more than an hour. Chance for Onsong. Unlikely to buy a striker in present financial climate. Taylor likely to be third string striker next year. Chance for Onsong to show potential.
Problem is we need to sell a certain amount prior to end of June yet all other clubs will likely not want to buy before end of June for exactly the reason we need to sell; they won't want to add to this year's expenditure. This will now start to drive down pre July sale prices even further.

Yet again another completely contradictory result of the regulations in terms of what they are meant to be promoting.

Our games at Everton and at home to Man City have both been moved to Sundays

Probably not much longer to have to live with shit like that

Chelsea have just had twice as many penalties in their match as we have been awarded all season.

The second one was particularly ludicrous. Dalot clearly slips over on a pitch that has been drenched all game in rain, and is accused bringing a Chelsea player down in the process of falling on his arse

Don’t you live in beeston?

Some of us have to travel from (thousands of) miles away ie Alberta, Quebec, Ontario and sometimes Torrono!
I guess if you travel from Torrono it’s a certainty that you have also come from Ontario.

Do those of you who live or have experience of sport in America have a view on “Luxury Tax” and it’s pro’s and cons? The rich will always have an advantage. Would such a system enable promoted teams compete, as I feel the gap is widening as shown by the likely promotion, relegation candidates?

Do those of you who live or have experience of sport in America have a view on “Luxury Tax” and it’s pro’s and cons? The rich will always have an advantage. Would such a system enable promoted teams compete, as I feel the gap is widening as shown by the likely promotion, relegation candidates?
A lot will depend on how the luxury tax works. Clubs with the richest owners will undoubtedly have an advantage but at least it allows ambitious owners to speculate.

The big problem is whether there is anything in place for when an owner can no longer cover the debts.