FFP charges? | Page 126 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

This sort of situation has gone on for as long as I can remember the football authorities try to show how powerful they are by threatening smaller clubs, think back to Swindon being refused promotion due to financial irregularities, then a year or 2 later Man U caught out in similar circs fined a bit.
The authorities don't know which way to turn when someone with more resources than them starts tooling up with best legal representation & that's exactly what's about to happen now.
We've got our points deduction now by being nice, perhaps time for EM to flex his financial muscles & take a more robust legal approach, if the clubs that feel wronged get together & go for the Prem league in court there is every chance they might implode particularly with spectre of Government regulation looming over them
Absolutely. Zero to lose, and if Everton, Leicester and ourselves have a joined up legal approach all the better. PL are stopping aspiring clubs from competing. Especially those like us, Luton, maybe Ipswich without recent history in the PL and some previous revenues plus parachute payments.

For me, its all out defence and get them in court defending their pathetic system which by their own admission is being scrapped. The PL are doing more harm to clubs from their own rules on PSR, and it now needs legal action

Di Marco on thousands per day. In his best interests to go to appeal. Has he left anything in the locker? Everton changed brief between first hearing and appeal. Every set of findings from IC brings forth clarity yet confusion. Everton further deduction brings forth further support from clubs as to the ludicrous state of affairs. Newcastle and Villa openly questioning rulings. Chelsea must be charged soon, they have admitted misdemeanours.

Di Marco on thousands per day. In his best interests to go to appeal. Has he left anything in the locker? Everton changed brief between first hearing and appeal. Every set of findings from IC brings forth clarity yet confusion. Everton further deduction brings forth further support from clubs as to the ludicrous state of affairs. Newcastle and Villa openly questioning rulings. Chelsea must be charged soon, they have admitted misdemeanours.

Why would Chelsea get charged?

Leics in a whole new ball game. The EFL have charged them and placed an indefinite transfer embargo against them. LCFC have commenced legal proceedings against both EFL and PL.

LCFC are over £200m in debt, mostly to owner. LCFC sit alongside 9 other PL clubs who have larger debt. Perhaps S&P should look at owners and debt rather than wholly reporting on short term expenditure.

Taking on the Pl and EFL at same time, makes Forests 4 point penalty and appeal seem small fry. If LCFC do this what will Chelsea and Man City do?

The PL need to come up with new S&P rules with immediate penalties. They also need to ensure debt is held by owner not the club. If they walk away the club is not responsible. They also need to clean the slate or this is going to become unworkable.

We appeal on the grounds of assisting clarity in football governance. That and survival.

Sky Sports saying that Forest deserved a bigger points deduction than Everton.

Anyway, simply doing their job on the payroll.

And forget that Everton haven't lost any points for their charge yet. Even Sky Sports can't differentiate between Evertons 6 point deduction for previous transgressions and last year's breach which is yet to be heard.

Sky Sports saying that Forest deserved a bigger points deduction than Everton.

Anyway, simply doing their job on the payroll.
This is what happens when football people start talking about finance, a subject 99.9% of them know fuck all about.

The bottom line is we passed the submission we made to the EFL, which included allowances for Covid and Promotion Bonuses, and then the PL decided we could not claim those allowances.

Our losses for last season were 34.5m, which should have been inside the parameters when added to the two years of EFL submissions.

It only became a problem when the PL decided we could not claim those allowances from the EFL years.

Have the people on SKY mentioned that; I bet they have not.

This is what happens when football people start talking about finance, a subject 99.9% of them know fuck all about.

The bottom line is we passed the submission we made to the EFL, which included allowances for Covid and Promotion Bonuses, and then the PL decided we could not claim those allowances.

Our losses for last season were 34.5m, which should have been inside the parameters when added to the two years of EFL submissions.

It only became a problem when the PL decided we could not claim those allowances from the EFL years.

Have the people on SKY mentioned that; I bet they have not.
To confirm; is that actually what happened, and is that why we have "failed" P&S?

When would this have been known to the club, as it appears they were projecting to breach in January?

And why have we not kicked up a storm like Leicester about the PL judging us on another league's jurisdiction? How can the PL fail us on something from the EFL that they passed us on?

To confirm; is that actually what happened, and is that why we have "failed" P&S?

When would this have been known to the club, as it appears they were projecting to breach in January?

And why have we not kicked up a storm like Leicester about the PL judging us on another league's jurisdiction? How can the PL fail us on something from the EFL that they passed us on?
Unless I have missed something, it appears that is what happened.

The issues which counted against us were the spending in January and the warnings from the former CFO who left under mysterious circumstances

A penny for the thoughts of the Sky hierarchy as well. Transfer deadline days are something Sky love, the drama, the big money moves and the hype. Less clicks won’t go down well I shouldn’t imagine.

I think we need to appeal this deduction. Because I can feel something brewing here. Apparently City are being less than helpful. Leicester are arming themselves with legals. I can’t see Chelsea rolling over.

The whole think stinks, the EPL are not going to come out of this in a good light I don’t think.

Closed shop, we’ll have none of you upstarts coming along 23 years later thinking you can compete with us. Because this is how the rules seem to work. If Marinakis wants to put his money into the club, who the fuck are the EPL to say he can’t? It’s a business with investors. Get over yourselves you arseholes.

A penny for the thoughts of the Sky hierarchy as well. Transfer deadline days are something Sky love, the drama, the big money moves and the hype. Less clicks won’t go down well I shouldn’t imagine.

I think we need to appeal this deduction. Because I can feel something brewing here. Apparently City are being less than helpful. Leicester are arming themselves with legals. I can’t see Chelsea rolling over.

The whole think stinks, the EPL are not going to come out of this in a good light I don’t think.

Closed shop, we’ll have none of you upstarts coming along 23 years later thinking you can compete with us. Because this is how the rules seem to work. If Marinakis wants to put his money into the club, who the fuck are the EPL to say he can’t? It’s a business with investors. Get over yourselves you arseholes.
Exactly. So why haven't we heard that we are appealing? And can we not gather Everton, Leicester, in a legal alliance, while also reaching out to Wolves, Villa and Newcastle for their take and their position on this? Particularly Villa who I think this is their 3rd or 4th season in PL, so fairly recent

Exactly. So why haven't we heard that we are appealing? And can we not gather Everton, Leicester, in a legal alliance, while also reaching out to Wolves, Villa and Newcastle for their take and their position on this? Particularly Villa who I think this is their 3rd or 4th season in PL, so fairly recent
I don’t think an alliance is necessarily appropriate though.

The regulations they are imposing are fundamentally flawed and arguably discriminatory against promoted teams. It’s anticompetitive, the level playing field slopes at quite an angle. While I’m all for some kind of regulation, they’re going about it in the wrong ways.

In my opinion a fair “punishment” would be a suspended deduction. You either get your house in order by the end of the current/next transfer window or you will get a points deduction. Give clubs coming up a chance because otherwise the game is being killed off. The EPL is already shit enough (and I never thought I’d say that 2 years ago) with the two leagues within the league. The top 6/7 against the rest. It’s boring.

Because otherwise the whole thing turns into a ridiculous parade only to find out who has the fattest sugar daddy.
And then sometimes they disappear and the club goes under.

Regulation is essential.
THESE regulations are shit.