Here we go! | Page 1590 | Vital Football

Here we go!

The point of the video is that giving Labour a massive majority is a problem, so those on the left should vote elsewhere to temper the amount of power they have once in power.

Jones claims, and I agree, that the tories are gone, done. Zero chance of ending up in power. No-one has ever polled this badly and won.

I'm still probably voting Labour due to lack of serious alternatives, but its definitely worth thinking about.
I don’t think there is any problem giving Labour a massive majority. If they do shit during their first term then that majority going into a possible second term will disappear.

I don’t think there is any problem giving Labour a massive majority. If they do shit during their first term then that majority going into a possible second term will disappear.
That's where you and I differ.
Labour are an austerity party who will continue to damage public services and attack the poor. They have made this very, very clear, so I think there should be some checks on their power once they get it.

Labour are an austerity party who will continue to damage public services and attack the poor. They have made this very, very clear, so I think there should be some checks on their power once they get it.
There are already checks on their power. The country is in such a state that there is little that they can practically do. They are also not the dominant party in the country, they never have been. They could do everything right and still end up being voted out so more than a slip or two and they will be out of power again.

There are already checks on their power. The country is in such a state that there is little that they can practically do. They are also not the dominant party in the country, they never have been. They could do everything right and still end up being voted out so more than a slip or two and they will be out of power again.
What I mean is that when they try to enact their austerity tory-like policies, it would be nice if there were enough anti-austerity MPs to make a meaningful challenge. Some of these will be Labour, but unfortunately because of where the party is right now, looking outside Labour for those MPs might be necessary.

I see the WASPI women have won 🙄

A ludicrous discrimination, that allowed women to retire five years earlier than men for absolutely no reason, finally ended decades after it should have been and with a decades notice.

And apparently we owe these women compensation, which when I last read up on this could be in the region of £50b.

So I, who won't get to retire until I'm 70+ despite the pension age being 65 when I started working, plus my daughter, will have to pay billions to the already wealthiest generation of women who have ever walked this planet.

I feel sick watching them crack the bubbly out knowing that it's the Xers and Millennials yet again having to foot the bill.

My mother is one of these and when you explain to her why you don't think her grandchildren should pay all their lives for her to have an extra few grand she doesn't need, she looks at you like you are speaking a foreign language

It's fair to say that not one of these women is going to be out campaigning to get me my pension before 70
In the meantime, the Government continues to take money from the Mine Workers Pension scheme and have done since 1994…..all in the name of ‘safeguarding’ the fund…..it has always been profitable, so the fund has never been at risk. So far £4.6bn is held by the Government.

Hopefully this new found generosity to the WASPI women may be reciprocated to former miners so that we can get some of our contributions back.

What I mean is that when they try to enact their austerity tory-like policies, it would be nice if there were enough anti-austerity MPs to make a meaningful challenge. Some of these will be Labour, but unfortunately because of where the party is right now, looking outside Labour for those MPs might be necessary.
There’s not much more that can be implemented in terms of ‘austerity’ and you know for a damn fact that the same Tory MPs who championed such policies when they were in power will be front and centre decrying those policies if Labour do try to enact them.

The problem that the country has is that Labour as a party are weak and the Tories are even weaker. There is nobody in either party that stands out as being someone to vote for and to actually trust with your vote.

There’s not much more that can be implemented in terms of ‘austerity’ and you know for a damn fact that the same Tory MPs who championed such policies when they were in power will be front and centre decrying those policies if Labour do try to enact them.

The problem that the country has is that Labour as a party are weak and the Tories are even weaker. There is nobody in either party that stands out as being someone to vote for and to actually trust with your vote.

They're all ***** so what's the point?

I've just been driving from one of my schools listening to the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard on the Radio 5 phone in.

Wall to wall people literally shouting with anger at the colours of the flag being changed on the collar or this shirt simply because Nike thought it might look funky.

Its embarrassing.

A flag doesn't make a nation. I'm not proud of a flag.

One of the things I'm most proud of about England is that we don't insist on ridiculous pledges of allegiance, we don't flag worship, we don't murder people for "depicting" our idols or prophets, we don't march in protest over perceived disrespect.

As a nation, we see that kind of thing as silly. We are quite chill.

At least I thought we were

I've just been driving from one of my schools listening to the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard on the Radio 5 phone in.

Wall to wall people literally shouting with anger at the colours of the flag being changed on the collar or this shirt simply because Nike thought it might look funky.

Its embarrassing.

One of the things I'm most proud of about England is that we don't insist on ridiculous pledges of allegiance, we don't flag worship, we don't murder people for "depicting" our idols or prophets, we don't march in protest over perceived disrespect.

I heard some of the rage but the fact it passed by without incident in 2010 is absolutely relevant though no seems to be paying a blind bit of notice about it.

Weejock dont worry -the proper Labour party is letting Starmer have his way for now

Its embarrassing.

It's not embarrassing -it's mission creep. People are wising up. From a poor fish shop to this. Its getting ridiculous. Good on the British people, I say

It's not embarrassing -it's mission creep. People are wising up. From a poor fish shop to this. Its getting ridiculous. Good on the British people, I say
Its not mission creep and its not an agenda or a conspiracy.

Its a couple of staff at Nike who want to 'put their stamp on it' and misjudged the situation, and then a whole bunch of people overreacting because its something for the media to be outraged about.

Its a couple of staff at Nike who want to 'put their stamp on it' and misjudged the situation, and then a whole bunch of people overreacting because its something for the media to be outraged about.
It’s utterly bizarre that people are so outraged by it. Dislike the shirt as a whole or just dislike what they have done with the collar because you think it looks shit. Beyond that who cares? It’s a sports top ffs!!

It's woke ideology going mad. I hope no-one buys a shirt

Rainbows everywhere. It's absolutely ridiculous. Just crack on chaps with your lives and stop imposing ridiculous changes to meet your own ideology

It’s a Daily Mail headline designed to get people frothing at the mouth.
See National Trust, RNLI, Last Night of the Proms etc.
as for the chip shop, as I understand it, it wasn’t that he put up a Union flag mural it was the fact he put up a mural when he wasn’t allowed to.
But that doesn’t fit the rage headline does it?
If we’re going to get angry let’s get angry about things that matter.
There’s a long list.