Good Morning Thread | Page 889 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

As per the Bowls club you never ever go in and say to anyone 'how are you'
cos then you get chapter and verse of the ailments history over their entire life FFs...and never a thought that you may have something as they dont ask, how r u? ......not as if I would ever divulge a dicky bird about me!

So now I just go Hiya !

I did suggest tongue in cheek that the club put up another notice board (yeh right as if we need another feckin notice board!!!!) dedicated to members problems and illnesses so people can post their latest medical issues, illnesses.....then if you are in the slight bit interest you can read the bloody posts NOT ha ha! :guns:
Spot on there Greavsie, if you really don't want chapter n verse do not ask...how are you...lol!

To change the subject had a bit of luck, You may all recall I collect Vinyl Records...well in the 60s one of the early albums I bought was a West coast USA band 'The Savage Ressurection'.....Psychedelic ...well my copy I sold 15 years ago as it was well played and scratchy (blame the booze)...ever since I have tried to replace it but as it was their only record they made it is well sought after and copies go for over £100 to £200 squid, Well I found a promo copy and got it for £30 this week superb condiition....USA original press.......now I can reminisce as I first heard them on my Greyhound Bus 'hotel' travels around the States in the day...around 1968 ish

The back of the cover is amazing as well guys.....1711039424913.jpeg

Really good to have you back Pompey. Glad you got it sorted. Really scary episode but you can’t keep a good ‘un down! Walt was so worried about you ( we all were really) that he gave you 5 Predictor thread bonus points to try and encourage you from under your camouflage. We think he went soft but there again……….we all agreed, so we must be too. Welcome back my friend.

Wow - that's a lot of negative tests. I had MRSA in 2015. Was horrible. In my case, every time my immune system was low I ended up with lesions on the skin. Like boils, I had to get them drained at a medical facility, and ended up taking risks and draining them myself to stop the pain and burning sensation. I'd boil a kettle, get my sharpest knife and get to work. Anything to get some sleep.

That wasn't the worst part. That was definitely being a contagion and knowing you're walking around this planet knowing you're a risk to others. That being said, I eventually did get it resolved through 3-4 months of a cocktail of different drugs. Based on the MRSA being a superbug and therefore non-impacted by our best methicillins, I heard that some people aren't as lucky to find the cocktail that works for them.

The sad part is, the superbugs grew because humans used our strongest drugs to keep animals alive so we could eat them. Also why if humans just eliminated meat from their diets for one or two days of every week, this stuff wouldn't happen.

I'd love to hear your experience of MRSA. Mine was called "Community Associated (CA)" as I didn't pick it up in hospital like what we saw on the news a few years back.
That is a truly horrible experience Muttley . I genuinely had no idea what MRSA was .

Well done for getting over it . You must have been in agony to have to have done what you did .
Almost reminded me of some medieval treatments …… horrible .

Morning all , anyone seen that couple on the tv , smug pair of ….. never seen anyone so smug in my life …, on a plane , just prior to taking off , both got a glass of bubbly in their hands , no seat belt on , got all the room in the world , no kids behind them kicking the back of their seat , no pratt in front of them , with his seat back , discussing how lucky they are to have travel insurance .

And it doesn’t look like they had been delayed on the tarmac for an hour either .

I just want to know how they got the bubbly , before they even shut the plane doors !

Something I’m doing wrong ?

Morning all , anyone seen that couple on the tv , smug pair of ….. never seen anyone so smug in my life …, on a plane , just prior to taking off , both got a glass of bubbly in their hands , no seat belt on , got all the room in the world , no kids behind them kicking the back of their seat , no pratt in front of them , with his seat back , discussing how lucky they are to have travel insurance .

And it doesn’t look like they had been delayed on the tarmac for an hour either .

I just want to know how they got the bubbly , before they even shut the plane doors !

Walt Walt Walt....clearly you are turning right when you step on the plane. No, that won't get you champers before take off. Turn left....

So I've heard anyway 😎

On business class or first class, they'll normally have some glasses ready to hand you....and rarely do you get screaming ill-behaved kids around you

just saying. ;)

Morning all you Erberts, nah! fellow Yids n Oppo's.

Nout can keep me away, your fave Vet is back but hey! never been scared in my life, but jeez I was scared!
But you cannot keep a good geezer down, there is still a lot of battle/life in me yet.

Who ever said peops do not care have obviously not read this forum/thread, thanks to you all for caring, we is kin, ave some of that!

Right general rundown follows

On the Sunday 03/03/24 as you all know I went to A&E after feinting, lack of blood to the brain.
Had an appointment at QA Hospital on the following Wednesday 06/03/24, but whilst waiting for my Daughter to take me there I had another bunch of strange feelings occur.

Mrs PY rang 999, out came a Fire Brigade Para-Medic 1st, great geezer, did all things required, then Ambulance Service turned up, bloody house full, all the things done again, told em I had an appointment, they then told my Daughter to take me straight to the appointment on D level, which she did!

Got to D level, next couple of hours test after bloody test, then to wait to see a Cardio geezer, whom I saw about 6pm nearly 8 hours in D level waiting bed, he said you ain't going home and was sent to C level, Cardio unit, 4 bed ward, was there until Tuesday19/03/24.

Saw a Cardio Consultant, did not like her one bit, no patient awareness, 3 days later, went through all this heart stuff wiv me, me open mouthed, rare thing I know lol! didn't understand all her jargon, so asked if she new what an SLR or GPMG was, no she said so I said to her ditto.

Then another CC arrived, excellent, who explained it looks like I need a Pace Maker, me now understood, so then I waited, bored shitless until the 19/03/24.
Then at 3.45pm was taken to have a PM fitted, took about 15mins, mind the pre prep and finish up took about 45mins.

So back to the C level ward by 4.55, then late later around 7ish moved again to the outpatient Cardio section, rested, then X-Ray at 11.15 that evening, tried to kip, though I hadn't slept for about 15 nights, to worried about Mrs PY, but give her her dues, same for all her Carer's and Ex Carer's she coped, very well, bless her.

Next morning 20/03/24 had a final check by a Physio, who put a thingy on my PM, when asked she said I am talking to you PM, ummm! technical stuff lol!
She also explained how I am to behave over next 6 weeks etc, ring a number to get this piece of kit to put by my bedside that will send info to them regards my PM for the rest of my life, great stuff.

Given the AOK and thumbs up to go home at 9am.

I final left the QA yesterday at 4pm, 7 hours waiting for my prescription, which had only 2 changes from my original, bloody Pharmacy.

But have got to say whilst in there I had a bloody good crack wiv all the nurses, ancillary staff, so a very well done to them, mind the food was crap lol!

I hope I have explained my shenanigans to all who were concerned/worried.

Plus any of you who might be experienced with PM's, have you any advice for me.

I have now got a whole lot of bloody catching up n reading to do, wish me luck lol!

Thanks again to everyone of you.
Welcome back PY mate glad you are on the mend.

Morning all, am like Arnie you know, Ahll bee bach! and so I am.

Thanks to you all my Spurs oppo's for your concern, Mrs PY also says thanks wiv big kisses.

Walt you mention the smug pair, ave you been spying on Mrs PY and self? cos we always travel First or Business, brag brag, not cattle class for us lol!
Champers or some make believe fizzy shit all the way lol!

Now further info on my PM, all I am getting is a dull ache at the mo, shoulder wise, but must take it easy for 6 weeks as it settles down.

Must admit it ain't made me a bright spark yet LOL!

Its an advert WW .. staged of coarse but dont knock it as they are the only company nowadays that get you travel cover once u get past 65 ... so many questions and pot holes but in the end u get cover whilst all the mainstream brands are not interested as soon as u tell them you havent cut your toenails

remains to be seen if they are there when u need to claim .. I took out AxA for a recent Eurotunnel and they were cr*p when it came to claim for delay (which my policy covered) ... I got £13 for a family of 4 ... I asked for their bank details and sent it back as an insult and as no doubt my premiums would have doubled the next time I may use them.

Last edited:
Sorry Ex it aint, we ave our cuppas at the oldest Cafe in the Eville, solidarity mate, fcuk all the new ones, its opposite the Carpark and its run by a geezer called Nazeer, he has been in the Eville some 30 to 40 years, different cafes.
He is miserable twat but he is our miserable twat! LOL!

Just about every body knows, just ask for the geezer who is there most day's, sat outside come rain or shine, mention cut off jeans n a leather waistcoat, long haired git covered in tatts, plus me being a rather big chap lol! 6ft 2in weighing in at 19.5stone or some 125kg.

And before I forget a Massive Welcome Back 80!

Cheers Pomp. Your virtual resurrection around Easter is very appropriate. Gonna have to start calling you Heyzeus Yid.