West Ham v Aston Villa Sunday 17th March 14.00 hrs K.O | Page 28 | Vital Football

West Ham v Aston Villa Sunday 17th March 14.00 hrs K.O

A good point in the end. Thought we started quite well but faded badly as the first half wore on. Much better in the second half,controlled most of it really, subs had a big impact and fully deserved our point. Once we scored, thought we could well go on to win it tbh. Shout out for Matty Cash, seems to get a lot of stick from some but thought he was excellent when he came on. Diaby continues to look sharper and play with more confidence which is really good to see as the crunch time of the season looms and Zaniolo deserves credit for sticking his chance away.
Mr Gillett was as useless as ever…he just never looks in control and seems so easily influenced. Just glad VAR did what it’s there for at the death but after just seeing the handball on getting back home why the hell it took so long is mystifying.
Hate West Ham’s ground..give me Upton Park any day of the week. Far too far away from the bloody pitch…I’d hate going there every week! And no wonder they’re frustrated with Moyes. So negative second half. Would have been a totally undeserved winner. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s not there at the start of next season.
All in all, it’s been a decent week after last weekend’s disappointment. We’ve bounced back again after a set back. Full credit to Unai and the boys. Bring on the Dingles! Time to finally put them in their place again.
Agree 100% about how the game evolved. That block by Matty at the end was worth a goal itself. Brilliant work from him.

Looking at the handball it's a carbon copy of Rodriguez's at Sandwell and how it took so long to overturn is beyond me.

Agree 100% about how the game evolved. That block by Matty at the end was worth a goal itself. Brilliant work from him.

Looking at the handball it's a carbon copy of Rodriguez's at Sandwell and how it took so long to overturn is beyond me.
Yeah I think Cashy has been really good lately. Was convinced that chance was on its way to the net til he threw himself at it.
As for the officials…the inconsistency is just beyond belief at times.

This is a West Ham fans take on it.

Another cowardly, inept f*ck-up from Moyes.
Emery has the football brain to make changes at halftime to Villa's benefit.
Moyes says in the dressing room "We got this, lads, they're there for the taking".
Villa dominated after making changes, as me and my mate sat there saying the number 22 was a big threat and saw the goal coming,
Moyes is bamboozled, so takes off Antonio and brings on Johnson ffs.
Villa saw the white flag flying 🏳️ and went in for the kill.
Stuff VAR, that gives Moyes a get-out-of-jail card to avoid talking about his lack of tactical awareness and shite substitutions.
He manages like we're a plucky little 2nd Div team who might snatch a point off the big boys at the end. Nope.
Villa have a fine coach and what do we have?
I've had enough of his tactical ineptitude and the bollox he speaks when given softball questions by the in-house 'interviewer'.

Just had a read through the thread. I know match day threads are a bit of a roller coaster but I do read some posts and think I’m in a parallel universe at times….’abject football, deserved nothing from the game’ is the winner this week…and that wasn’t even from Roballi! Anyone seen him since last Sunday btw? Always a sign we’ve had a decent week… :grinning:

Moyes says in the dressing room "We got this, lads, they're there for the taking".
Villa dominated after making changes, as me and my mate sat there saying the number 22 was a big threat and saw the goal coming,
Stuff VAR, that gives Moyes a get-out-of-jail card to avoid talking about his lack of tactical awareness and shite substitutions.
He manages like we're a plucky little 2nd Div team who might snatch a point off the big boys at the end. Nope.
I've had enough of his tactical ineptitude and the bollox he speaks when given softball questions by the in-house 'interviewer'.
Pretty much sums it up. Everything from them second half, subs, set up, the lot was so negative. He’ll be gone by June me thinks.

He’ll walk away in the summer I think. If he’s not popular with the fans after winning their first trophy in 40 years he never will be.

Cannot work out the Ammers fans fury at Var, they got lucky in the first half, penalty for hand ball wiithout a doubt but they like to be quiet about that one. The two scrubbed off for handball, Var is there to stop cheating, deliberately handball leading to a goal and going on to Celebrate is cheating, it's not like Var cancelled for a debatable offside or a foul that wasn't. Anyway, we will have the 4 pts this season. It will help us with CL......

I was just watching the highlights and thinking who scores the scruffiest goals west Ham or Luton, the same way of playing with different quality players, and the same sort of goals, both have British managers.

Seems harsh but the match analysis is pretty accurate

Not only was it handball, Soucek fouled Konsa to get to it in the first place. And why West Ham had that free kick that lead to it all is beyond me. Luiz was penalised for just standing near Kudus.
Nobody seemed to think the foul on Konsa was worth a mention for some reason but he clearly pulls Konsa back by his shirt

I think we just don't get how deep our squad really is even with 6? players out we can still bring on Diaby and Zaniolo who are both in their country's squads for the Internationals. Plus Digne and Cash are both International footballers, not 18-year-olds. Cast our mind back to 2021 and check us out

I’m pretty sure the rules have changed and that any handball in an attacking situation which leads to a goal is sufficient for it being disallowed.

There is no debate on whether it’s handball surely? Antonio put his over the line with his arm even if it was accidental and Soucek intentionally moved his arm towards the ball before it hit Bowen.

Too many managers are using these situations to deflect from their own shortcomings. It’s another thing that separates Unai from the rest of them. I don’t think I’ve ever heard him blame the ref or VAR after a defeat. Always puts it on himself and the team. The likes of Moyes, Dyche, Howe, Wilder Arteta, Klopp will always find something else to blame.

There is no debate on whether it’s handball surely? Antonio put his over the line with his arm even if it was accidental and Soucek intentionally moved his arm towards the ball before it hit Bowen.

Too many managers are using these situations to deflect from their own shortcomings. It’s another thing that separates Unai from the rest of them. I don’t think I’ve ever heard him blame the ref or VAR after a defeat. Always puts it on himself and the team. The likes of Moyes, Dyche, Howe, Wilder Arteta, Klopp will always find something else to blame.
Yes, Unai takes every decision on the chin and moves on, never blaming anyone or anything publicly.
I sometimes wonder if refs then think he's a soft touch, unlike the Kopps and Arteta's of the league who moan about everything?
For instance, with the SJM red card, he never complained just accepted it he never got involved on the touch-line and kept our players under control in the ruckus. Which is very commendable but....

This was a tough fixture against a team we’ve historically not done well against at their place. Yet I think I must have been watching a different game from many Villa fans. Starting line up great, exciting and attacking and worked well early on. Without SJM I particularly liked Tielemans involvement throughout. Fantastic substitutions to dominate the game with tremendous close passing against a resilient defence. Full backs up there as well like wingers. Youri, Moussa and Nicolo working a great goal and a crucial point. 70% possession and looking far superior to West Ham, very happy with that.

Yes, Unai takes every decision on the chin and moves on, never blaming anyone or anything publicly.
I sometimes wonder if refs then think he's a soft touch, unlike the Kopps and Arteta's of the league who moan about everything?
For instance, with the SJM red card, he never complained just accepted it he never got involved on the touch-line and kept our players under control in the ruckus. Which is very commendable but....
Personally I don’t think there is a “but”. Let’s do it with a bit of a class rather than buffoonery as befits this great and unique club.

Nobody seemed to think the foul on Konsa was worth a mention for some reason but he clearly pulls Konsa back by his shirt
In fairness the channel I watched on said that even if the hand ball wasn't given the mauling of Konsa would have been the next VAR check and it would have been disallowed for that.