Beach Donkeys v Wigan Donkeys | Page 4 | Vital Football

Beach Donkeys v Wigan Donkeys

First half was the best 45 minutes of FOOTBALL we have played all season. We were outstanding both in and out of possession. Blackpool had a go in the second half and pushed us back as they won more second ball, but we never looked to be really under pressure.

Jason Kerr was immense today both in defence and bringing the ball out. Get him and Jones signed up for next season as soon as possible.

Adeeko also had a very good game and will no doubt develop into a really good midfield player in time.
I absolutely agree with everything you have said. Kerr and Hughes must be two of the best centre backs in League 1. Adeeko had his best game for months.

They're still learning and developing. Today, they showed patience, class, inventiveness and desire in equal measure. Second half was a different game, as Blackpool came at us (as they had to) but we held firm, showing calmness and organisation.

It's obvious that they're getting to know the various roles in the team, as with each set of substitutions, individual players changed into a different role with aplomb Scott Smith, Luke Chambers and Thelo Aasgard all easily shifting position with no change to the system

As for them men, I thought No 6 (big lad in midfield) and the left sided centre-back were both excellent.

A well deserved win, and a great performance from all concerned.

The only problem I have with Hughes having a good game again is that there will now be more and more vultures circling for his signature.

Much better to watch today with some good work out wide again. Shame Humphreys wasn't in the box where he should be to be on the end of that superb cross he put in.
Wondered at times where Good was meant to be playing and why Jones was playing so deep but overall well done S.M. in getting us to safety.
Man of the Match award must go to Scott Smith. He had a blinder.

Aasgard played in 3 different positions today. He started off looking as if he were a No 10, but without a No 9 to play with, as Humphrys did his usual rendition of the classic Dion and the Belmonts hit. It's fair to say that Aasgard didn't do too much in the first half ... other than (generally unsuccessfully) trying to mark their No 6.

Second half, when Humphrys went off, Thelo then became the main forward (almost a No 9) and won far more balls - and gave far more problems - to their centre half then he'd had previously.

When Kelman came on, he seemed to take Godo's place for a few minutes, before being replaced by Magennis.

He needs to be able to impose himself more, and be more physical in his challenges - and when defending the ball - but I think "passenger" is a little harsh.

Thought we were very good today, especially as we played most of the game carrying a complete passenger in Aassgard, sorry but it's true.
Scott Smith Charlie Hughes and Jason Kerr were immense, Hughes reminded me a lot of Arry De Zeeuw
I agree about Aasgaard. He is capable of so much more and needs to start delivering.

Much better to watch today with some good work out wide again. Shame Humphreys wasn't in the box where he should be to be on the end of that superb cross he put in.
Wondered at times where Good was meant to be playing and why Jones was playing so deep but overall well done S.M. in getting us to safety.
Man of the Match award must go to Scott Smith. He had a blinder.

Godo was playing on the left today, were he started the season and had his best spell. Using Jones as wing back, the position that Pearce played at the beginning of the season, allows Godo to link up play and create the overlap.

Much much much better 1st half especially...tried to go forward at every opportunity and the manager got the starting 11 bang on. I was actually entertained today and I've not said that too often. Best half Adeeko has had for yonks.

This is spot on.
Blackpool sitting in their half with 11 men didn't make it a first half snooze fest either.

2nd match with a big away following where the Police have got their crowd control wrong (at the Canal Bridge).

He's had a lot of decent games this season. Only seems to have gone off the boil the past couple or so.

I'm not sure you can say he is off the boil. he is being asked to play a different role and has had four or five headed chances in the last two games.

For me, he is being tasked to get in the box more and is achieving that but that means that he isn't dictating play in midfield and has less involvement in games.