FFP charges? | Page 91 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

Ideal would of course be no points deduction, but I would be delighted with 6 points deducted at the start of next season. Then maybe we can get a decent forward in the summer, a settled 11 and take MGW off set pieces. Maybe even have Reyna replace him.

Surely if there were any horses to trade it wouldn't be the premier league we were trading them with. The punishment to the best of my knowledge is set by the "independent" commission, not the PL, so any horses being traded would surely be between us & the "independent" commission, any other course of action rather negates the idea of any Independence of the "independent" part of the commission

The rules say the commission needs to communicate the results of the penalty within 7 days of the hearing. What it omits though, is who they report it to.
If they report it to the EPL, then the commission has obliged. The Premier League could then sit on it. Why? My guess would be some horse-trading with De Marco regarding reduced penalty in exchange for no appeal, etc.
I told you when we will hear, but, as usual, you pooh poohed my remarks.

Far be it for me to pooh pooh a pooh pooh, but lets see who is correct shall we.

The rules say the commission needs to communicate the results of the penalty within 7 days of the hearing. What it omits though, is who they report it to.
If they report it to the EPL, then the commission has obliged. The Premier League could then sit on it. Why? My guess would be some horse-trading with De Marco regarding reduced penalty in exchange for no appeal, etc.

I would've thought that there's no room for horse trading with the EPL as it's the IC that sets the punishment. How can an independent body set up a hearing and come to a resolution for the EPL to say, "Nah it'll fine. Let's offer to reduce it if they don't moan about it."

The rest of the clubs would be (rightly) furious and Everton would immediately launch legal proceedings.

Edit: I really should read through the next page of a thread before I launch a response :slap:

They have broken their own deadline in that case.

Ironic given that appears to be what we'll be punished for

I would point out that it's convenient that the punishment comes after the game with Luton, after which it will be clearer what is needed to put us below them; but I wouldn't want to invite a further comment from chandos9.

Hard to argue that delaying until Monday doesn't disadvantage us. Sure, just go out and win, etc. But following the timeline means we know exactly what we need to do tomorrow. As it stands, the players have in the back of their minds a draw maybe being enough.

Delaying is not only a significant further unfair disadvantage, but it also raises suspicious questions.

And I wonder if the validity of the verdict can be under question now they have broken their own timeline?

Last edited:

I would point out that it's convenient that the punishment comes after the game with Luton, after which it will be clearer what is needed to put us below them; but I wouldn't want to invite a further comment from chandos9.

Hard to argue that delaying until Monday doesn't disadvantage us. Sure, just go out and win, etc. But following the timeline means we know exactly what we need to do tomorrow. As it stands, the players have in the back of their minds a draw maybe being enough.

Delaying is not only a significant further unfair disadvantage, but it also raises suspicious questions.

And I wonder if the validity of the verdict can be under question now they have broken their own timeline?
They haven’t. Their guidelines do not say who they have to inform. They have (probably) informed the Premier League.

It has always been a must win tomorrow, whether we get a 25 point deduction or none. We just have to win this game

There's really no way of spinning this to make it anything but a negative. Being kept in the dark is a bigger distraction than being informed of the decision, good or bad, and being able to crack on.
Yes the fact that they have missed their own deadline *sorry Strett but I'm deeming their rule to mean notifying all the interested parties at the same time) should be grounds for appeal in itself

It has always been a must win tomorrow, whether we get a 25 point deduction or none. We just have to win this game
It isn't though

It is for them.

But as things stand right now, a draw is perfectly fine for us. Players have that in their minds. Their players do not.

This is a disadvantage

It isn't though

It is for them.

But as things stand right now, a draw is perfectly fine for us. Players have that in their minds. Their players do not.

This is a disadvantage
I disagree on points mate. We have to start winning, and tomorrow is critical. Once we have the points deduction (I believe 3) then we remain as is with another game gone

The Club have been aware all week that there would be no judgement published until Monday at the very earliest, and its got nothing to do with the PL

If as we are hearing now the IC findings won't be in until Monday, then that is surely another disadvantage. You would think that when the results are in, if it involves a deduction then you would want to have all your players on hand in an attempt to cultivate that siege mentality that we will need. If it is Monday then we will have several players away on international duty who won't be back until the following week

It isn't though

It is for them.

This is a disadvantage
The only disadvantage we have is one of our own doing.

Rather than batten down the hatches and attempt to create some kind of siege mentality, like we had last season, we continually bleat about every reversal on the pitch.

All they are succeeding in doing is giving the players excuses for failing.