FFP charges? | Page 90 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

I think owning Forest might be an ego trip for EM, but I can't believe that many people buy football clubs hoping to make a profitable business out of them, unless you are buying one of the very big clubs (and even making a profit with them is probably unlikely longer term).

I guess we need to stick to the rules, but the more you think about them, the dafter they get. One club could be run profitably for years, lose £36m three years on the trot and end up being docked points when they have millions in the bank. A second club could lose (say) £20 million a year (£5m allowed, plus academy and other allowable costs) be massively in debt and get no deductions.

I really think it is 100% business for him.

I don’t pretend to understand business at this level, but I’m guessing it’s like an iceberg, 90% of what goes on, and the money associated is not visible to mere mortals.

I believe that he inherited 7 bulk carriers, and now owns 70 ships of various types and capacities. Apparently he is the 22nd ‘biggest’ ship owner in the world……most of the bigger ones are connected to large corporations or countries.
Then there is the media assets etc.

I just cannot see how someone that successful as a business man, and at the level he operates is going to caught out by PSR.

I really think it is 100% business for him.

I don’t pretend to understand business at this level, but I’m guessing it’s like an iceberg, 90% of what goes on, and the money associated is not visible to mere mortals.

I believe that he inherited 7 bulk carriers, and now owns 70 ships of various types and capacities. Apparently he is the 22nd ‘biggest’ ship owner in the world……most of the bigger ones are connected to large corporations or countries.
Then there is the media assets etc.

I just cannot see how someone that successful as a business man, and at the level he operates is going to caught out by PSR.
He bought us because he wanted to challenge himself in the Premier League. Buying us was partially because he had been friends with Fawaz but mainly because he didn’t want to pay the premium on a Prem club and wanted something with potential to grow.

I've been trying to do a poll for the expected IC outcome but I keep getting kicked out, maybe someone else can give it a go. My possible answers would have been;

1-3 points
1-3 points suspended
4-6 points
4-6 points suspended
7+ points
Fine and a slap on the wrist.
Awarded + 3 points and an apology from the EPL & PGMOL for their bias and ineptitude.

Any others feel free to add.

I've been trying to do a poll for the expected IC outcome but I keep getting kicked out, maybe someone else can give it a go. My possible answers would have been;

1-3 points
1-3 points suspended
4-6 points
4-6 points suspended
7+ points
Fine and a slap on the wrist.
Awarded + 3 points and an apology from the EPL & PGMOL for their bias and ineptitude.

Any others feel free to add.
It should be suspended but I think it will be 1-3 outright

Afraid to give any prediction because it's forest and knowing our luck we will see some huge deduction

So I am keeping my mouth shut.

Afraid to give any prediction because it's forest and knowing our luck we will see some huge deduction

So I am keeping my mouth shut.
There is probably some obscure legislation somewhere that says that the 2nd team to be brought before "independent" panel for FFP / PSR misdemeanors has to be deducted 12 points

He bought us because he wanted to challenge himself in the Premier League. Buying us was partially because he had been friends with Fawaz but mainly because he didn’t want to pay the premium on a Prem club and wanted something with potential to grow.
I’m guessing they aren’t friends anymore!!

There is probably some obscure legislation somewhere that says that the 2nd team to be brought before "independent" panel for FFP / PSR misdemeanors has to be deducted 12 points

Amendment (drafted December 2023)

Rule 363.1.7: "Should any second team to be found guilty of a FFP breach in any given season, should they be an East Midlands based club with an N and an F in their name, they shall be duly penalised with a 12 point deduction."

Being cynical I suspect news of any points deduction (or not), news will come after 5pm.
EFL/IC have the weekend off and will not be receiving any backlash until Monday at least.

The rules say the commission needs to communicate the results of the penalty within 7 days of the hearing. What it omits though, is who they report it to.
If they report it to the EPL, then the commission has obliged. The Premier League could then sit on it. Why? My guess would be some horse-trading with De Marco regarding reduced penalty in exchange for no appeal, etc.

The rules say the commission needs to communicate the results of the penalty within 7 days of the hearing. What it omits though, is who they report it to.
If they report it to the EPL, then the commission has obliged. The Premier League could then sit on it. Why? My guess would be some horse-trading with De Marco regarding reduced penalty in exchange for no appeal, etc.
Good thinking Strett-although ofcourse the Horse trading might have already occurred this week in anticipation. Im going 3 points and a fine

Being cynical I suspect news of any points deduction (or not), news will come after 5pm.
EFL/IC have the weekend off and will not be receiving any backlash until Monday at least.
Not cynical at all, it's based on established behaviour. Its exactly what they did with the announcement we had breached in the first place if I remember correctly.

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. The PL have rightly caught a lot of flack over this so an appeal would hurt even more. You would hope that De Marco has taken full advantage and told them that any immediate deduction will be appealed.