General Football thread | Page 457 | Vital Football

General Football thread

Some folk really need to have a good long hard look at theirselves...wetting there panties at the merest hint of strife.

Heck, my granddaddy didn't fought in the Hundred Years war for grown men - 24/7 - to lose they're shit so easy like.

I think its inevitable now.

Be interesting to see how much power an Independent regulator will actually hold.
The PL will agree a deal before its placed in the hands of an IR, but they will delay it until they have to decide. Basically, they will want some concessions first.

The last thing they will want is an IR setting the deal framework

Went to bed last night early with Luton 3-0 up

Expected to see 5 or 6 nil when I woke up

Maybe the football Gods are looking after us after all

I assume there must be refs decisions or VAR Luton weren't happy with second half as well?

Surely there must be something they can blame refs for?

Is there any conspiracy going on against them as well?

Big chance to de-motivate Luton even further at the weekend

COYR

Went to bed last night early with Luton 3-0 up

Expected to see 5 or 6 nil when I woke up

Maybe the football Gods are looking after us after all

I assume there must be refs decisions or VAR Luton weren't happy with second half as well?

Surely there must be something they can blame refs for?

Is there any conspiracy going on against them as well?

Big chance to de-motivate Luton even further at the weekend

COYR
It doesn't seem to come that naturally to you, but you really do try hard to be an arse sometimes Wolfy.

This was in the Guardian's comments on the Bournemouth v Luton Town match, and makes me feel a bit better about Saturday's game:

"This feels like it might be the most important loss this season, we were always going to need some luck to stay up and we’ve been hammered with injuries, maybe that’s a price paid for our high pressing style.
Locks, Osho, Bell, Anderson, Brown, Adebayo, Lokonga, Nakamba, Potts and now Chong all out injured. The rest of the side are clearly running on empty, Barkley playing with a broken nose as an example. They just didn’t have the energy to respond as Bournemouth started their comeback.
So many positives to take from this season, we’ve scored in the last 23 consecutive league games, an incredible stat for the team 3rd from bottom.
Hope springs eternal for the football fan and we’re not done yet but we’re going to need some miracles performed in the treatment room to have a chance of survival."

The PL will agree a deal before its placed in the hands of an IR, but they will delay it until they have to decide. Basically, they will want some concessions first.

The last thing they will want is an IR setting the deal framework
I think its too late for that now.

The Clubs have clearly displayed they are not capable of self governing with greed being the only thing that unites them.

There's plenty of money to go round; all they need to do is stop paying some of those frauds masquerading as world class players the amounts they do, and then pay the rest of the mediocrity a damn sight less.

This was in the Guardian's comments on the Bournemouth v Luton Town match, and makes me feel a bit better about Saturday's game:

"This feels like it might be the most important loss this season, we were always going to need some luck to stay up and we’ve been hammered with injuries, maybe that’s a price paid for our high pressing style.
Locks, Osho, Bell, Anderson, Brown, Adebayo, Lokonga, Nakamba, Potts and now Chong all out injured. The rest of the side are clearly running on empty, Barkley playing with a broken nose as an example. They just didn’t have the energy to respond as Bournemouth started their comeback.
So many positives to take from this season, we’ve scored in the last 23 consecutive league games, an incredible stat for the team 3rd from bottom.
Hope springs eternal for the football fan and we’re not done yet but we’re going to need some miracles performed in the treatment room to have a chance of survival."
That's exactly the scenario the rest of the teams in the PL will be loving.

A team who cannot compete financially, imploding due to lack of resource.