Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 206 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Bollox to resting anyone for the Ajax match. There's an international break coming after the Spam game so they can take that week off instead of playing in meaningless friendlies.
Win this and we're in the last 8, with a serious chance of finally winning some silverware again
Yep the last 8 and 4 or 5 th in the league at the international break - superb

There'll be a few rotations which is consistent with how Emery has approached this tournament. It's absolutely the right approach.

Please do not play three centre backs Unai. We are going to have to replace Kamara with someone other than SJM even though he can play on Thursday. That man is Iroegbunam, give him a go. Then the strongest possible team including Jacob if fit. By all means give Rogers another start, time for youth as well.

Please do not play three centre backs Unai. We are going to have to replace Kamara with someone other than SJM even though he can play on Thursday. That man is Iroegbunam, give him a go. Then the strongest possible team including Jacob if fit. By all means give Rogers another start, time for youth as well.
Yes I agree 😂

It'll probably be a Youri / Dougie midfield axis. I'm with you tho, I'd take the risk and start Tim. I also agree that this is a game where I'd start Cash as a RB in a flat back four.

It'll probably be a Youri / Dougie midfield axis. I'm with you tho, I'd take the risk and start Tim. I also agree that this is a game where I'd start Cash as a RB in a flat back four.
Yes he played in the first leg and if he does well in the 2nd starts at West Ham

I don't think Teilemans can play in our midfield 2. If you look back on his appearances for us virtually all have been off the striker or further out wide. I don't think he's got the legs to do the job required there. It has to be Tim.

I don't think Teilemans can play in our midfield 2. If you look back on his appearances for us virtually all have been off the striker or further out wide. I don't think he's got the legs to do the job required there. It has to be Tim.
I've just read he started as a holding midfielder in his younger days, there again believe it or not he's only 26 now. None of our midfield is very quick they are all plodders except JJ. Very one-paced. I agree about him not having the legs but that applies to him upfront even more.

I'd rather not put him there myself but Unai probably will. I actually think we'll get away with it for Thursday or Sunday and against Wolves because all of them are likely to sit deep. It creates a huge issue on the break so we'll be heavily reliant on Konsa, Cash, Lenglet, Digne, Moreno and Pau, etc. to read the game.

I've just read he started as a holding midfielder in his younger days, there again believe it or not he's only 26 now. None of our midfield is very quick they are all plodders except JJ. Very one-paced. I agree about him not having the legs but that applies to him upfront even more.

All I can see are people running past him with him huffing and puffing behind them. At least when he's further forward he's got quicker players around him to lay off to.

I was toying with the idea of putting Pau in as a holding midfielder like stones at City, we know he has the confidence to play out and his long ball it's fantastic...

.......................Emi
Cash....Carlos...Langlet....Digne
.....................Torres
Tielemens...Dougie.......MaGinn
........Bailey...........Watkins

Duran is back now so he'll be getting some game time in this one and Rogers I expect, depending on how the game is going.

I was toying with the idea of putting Pau in as a holding midfielder like stones at City, we know he has the confidence to play out and his long ball it's fantastic...

.......................Emi
Cash....Carlos...Langlet....Digne
.....................Torres
Tielemens...Dougie.......MaGinn
........Bailey...........Watkins
I'm all for that. However I would play Duran with Watkins on the bench just in case. No idea how he keeps going and he took some stick Sunday.