Should we sell Son in the summer? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Should we sell Son in the summer?

Should we sell Son come the summer?

• Yes, unquestionable

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No, he has a couple of good season left in him

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Perhaps wait another year as Ange beds his system in?

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Buy Toney

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Buy Gordon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy Ferguson

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
I can only agree, he was magnificent when he came on, he was the difference.

But this is a MAJOR factor in either selling him now or keeping him. He was a major factor when he came on. We all know there are many games where he is an absolute waste of space. Thats just the way it is with him. A good manager and player recognises this and accepts that when its good he plays. When its bad he comes off asap. When he needs a rest he sits on the bench. If thats the way he is managed and he accepts it as a player then he has another long term contract in him.

If he has to play every game and cant be subbed because his shirt sales are too valuable then he needs to be sold for top dollar at end of the season. Its that simple.

There’s no two ways about it, we haven’t seen a pairing like Son and Kane in the league…. They were amazing but once you split them, what’s the odds on finding a matched player again for Son, and he’ll never be as good as Kane. So let’s cut to the chase, Sons lost his verve and unless the Cobbers going to revive him, why not sell? We lost Kane and haven’t done badly. I’d be sorry to see Sonny go, I must say but money is tied up that could bring in a better formation. He must be worth a bit. The emphasis must be on the dynamic. We need a stronger team. I must also say the Son is not the strongest, pushiest player, he tends to back off a bit.

My vote is to give him until the summer and if no better with Ange around him, …. Sell? Sorry Sonny.

There’s no two ways about it, we haven’t seen a pairing like Son and Kane in the league…. They were amazing but once you split them, what’s the odds on finding a matched player again for Son, and he’ll never be as good as Kane. So let’s cut to the chase, Sons lost his verve and unless the Cobbers going to revive him, why not sell? We lost Kane and haven’t done badly. I’d be sorry to see Sonny go, I must say but money is tied up that could bring in a better formation. He must be worth a bit. The emphasis must be on the dynamic. We need a stronger team. I must also say the Son is not the strongest, pushiest player, he tends to back off a bit.

My vote is to give him until the summer and if no better with Ange around him, …. Sell? Sorry Sonny.
But bizarrely, he's currently on 13 goals and on track to beat his best season of 23...go figure!

If we can bring in a couple quality strikers and we are offered a good deal for Son....then sell.

If not, we keep him with knowledge that we have striker that is deadly when the game is wide open. When it is congested, physical, and the team we are up against is playing on the counter....he will be a non-factor. I honestly think we can do better, but maybe we aren't ready to move him for a few windows anyway.

I can't see us bringing in a leader, a mentor and prolific goal scorer that has the international profile of somebody like Son. His charisma off the pitch is a marketing dream for Spurs, he's not replaceable.

I think 3 good seasons is a good estimate.

It's not every day your club has a continent's most iconic player of all time playing for you!
Times have changed while Sonny has been with us, you would have struggled to name another South Korean player when he joined us but there are quite a number of high profile players now such as Kim Min-jae.

Times have changed while Sonny has been with us, you would have struggled to name another South Korean player when he joined us but there are quite a number of high profile players now such as Kim Min-jae.
Certainly no arguments there, I remember Park Ji-Sun and Ahn Jung-Hwan being the superstars of the time, but would never have called them the best player in the whole of Asia.

Son is a rare gem in the mould of the legends from the 90s and 2000s, such as Weah, Eto'o, Batistuta, Toti, Recoba, etc. Flashes of brilliance to get you off your seat, but never really going to be a Ballon D'Or winner.

There's no doubt he will go down as one of the greats with an epic highlight reel after his career has finished.