Steve Evans pre match bingo | Page 2 | Vital Football

Steve Evans pre match bingo

Conspicuous gluttony is not an attractive trait either. The Liam Bridcutt interview a couple of years ago was interesting in that respect.

It is possible to dislike Evans and his antics and still respect the results he gets on a limited budget!!
You can’t really question his ability to get results but I would question the ‘limited budget’ bit however much he loves to plough the ‘ little old Stevenage’ tripe. For example I cant imagine Jake Forster -Caskey would sign a contract with Stevenage unless he was very well rewarded.
You check some of the players he has at Stevenage, the chairman is a successful multi millionaire. The players aren’t there entirely for the love of Steve Evans and Paul Raynor.

Likewise at Crawley (paying unheard of amount of money for that time in the NL), Rotherham (said himself that he requested the biggest budgets for L2 and L1 to take the job), Posh and Mansfield.

The only place he didn't have too much money was at Gillingham, and look what happened there...he left them in 22nd place in L1 halfway through the season.

I can't remember too many times, if any, that Evans has been disparaging of us in pre-match interviews, I think he's the same with all opposition. He doesn't add any fuel to the fire.

I can't remember too many times, if any, that Evans has been disparaging of us in pre-match interviews, I think he's the same with all opposition. He doesn't add any fuel to the fire.

I think it's pretty much par for the course for managers to compliment the opposition before the game. If nothing else it doesn't provide any more ammunition for motivating them. If anything it can add pressure on them. John Coleman was a master of this.
During and after the game is when the vitriol comes out.... if they lose.

Conspicuous gluttony is not an attractive trait either. The Liam Bridcutt interview a couple of years ago was interesting in that respect.
It may not be attractive but us old folk in the Co-op sometimes have trouble identifying our favourite villans to vilify, even Joey Barton was hard to pick out at times. Good old Stevie boy makes our job so much easier !!!

His Billy Smarts clown routine comes out during the match. Disrupts the play at times with his efforts.

I watched the Steve Evans pre-match presser. It’s really weird because you could almost like the guy and think he would make a good manager. Then I woke up and remembered all the history of him going back to Boston, the shenanigans and touchline tantrums and the way his teams play. Brought me out in a sweat 😢. I love Michael Skubala 👏👏

Given most of play off season was behind closed doors probably my favourite memory of MApp was Evans trying to hide from him

He may have seen Bostwick closing in too. Most people would probably back down with that alone.

It still brings a smile to my face when i recall 2000 imps waving brown envelopes at him at York st. A real one off moment probably never to be repeated.
Xmas 2006, just after the court case and the entire home support singing 'You're supposed be in jail!!!!' My boss was sat behind the away dugout that day and reckoned he looked close to tears...