Can we make the play offs? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Can we make the play offs?

Mounting injuries it was already unlikely not now even more so. Once we are safe we should really just play youth get them blooded then get everyone fit for pre season

We have to be realistic and say it is still unlikely however we still have a shot no matter how long and while that shot remains in our sights we shouldn't write it off.

Keep the faith and keep dreaming that's what being a football fan is all about.

We are the form team, safe from looking downwards now, we can play with freedom, the Clubs above have more to lose , we haven't , lets just go for it and enjoy the ride. We are a good side on and off the pitch no reason to fear anybody. UTI.

With Hamilton out for the season and the injury doubts about Conor, I think I have to revise my opinion that we have a decent chance of a play off spot.

We have a solid defense but it has been midfield strength (and the return of House of course) that has driven our recent form.

With Hamilton out and if McGrandles is out for any period of time, we will end up drawing games that we might have won at full strength. And its winning games that would have made the difference in challenging for that final play off place.

I do hope I'm wrong, but I now think the majority opinion in this thread will be correct.

Next season will be a different matter of course!

Mounting injuries it was already unlikely not now even more so. Once we are safe we should really just play youth get them blooded then get everyone fit for pre season
What youth? We only have Makama and Draper left, and they have already made a lot of appearances between them this season.

Moylan is the obvious replacement in my eyes: converted from a midfielder this season by Shelbourne, he also played well against Shrewsbury when picking up the ball in midfield and running at them.

"Conor is struggling a little bit," Skubala told BBC Radio Lincolnshire.
"It's touch and go. It could be something or it could be nothing."

hopefully we are playing a bit of smoke and mirrors with evans. otherwise duffy did ok chasing around in midfield when he came on agains shrews.
or house in midfield and draper upfront.
if o'c is out hopefully jackson and his mask are ready.

Bishop does his share of midfield grafting, dropping deep and rotating the more advanced role, mainly with Erhahon, on Tuesday.

Mandroiu as the advanced midfielder/10 makes sense as the best fitting peg if McG is out. Against the likes of Stevenage that's not the ideal balance but its probably the best available.

You think our youth team can compete at Lg One level? At their stage of career our youths struggle at National North level and that’s 3 levels lower.
We will never know unless you try them. Good experience for them also the club gets to protect the first team and hit the ground running next year. This year was a poor league and we were weakened by injury. Youth and fringe once we are safe from the drop

No, the gap between youth football and League One is immense; a complete non-starter.

Great opportunity for Mandroui , Moylan, or Duffy to cement a first team place.

None unfortunately are true midfielders in the Hamilton mode, so if Conor is also out we might have to change our way of playing a bit.

Huge responsibility for Bishop now to stay fit and contribute every week in the way he has done the last two games.

As regards youngsters, surely it’s better to have them on the bench rather than a short bench?

As regards youngsters, surely it’s better to have them on the bench rather than a short bench?

Often the youths play Saturday mornings which explains why we sometimes are short on the bench. They played today I see so every chance we'll have 1 or 2 as needed filling the dugout.